z

Young Writers Society

Budding Ark

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:31 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Heh, if you keep getting sucked into enough weirdness, you do get used to it," said Chudnofsky, chuckling lightly, "at any rate, you did take all of this a lot better than most Terrans I know...that's what we call the people of Earth by the way, sounds a lot better than Earthlings if I do say so myself. As for the name don't worry about it, call me Chud, or Maliachi or whatever...I have like 300 agents working under me and none of them manage to pronounce my name correctly anyway, only my boss ever gets it right, what my parents were thinking, I'll never know."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:45 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He faltered for a moment, unsure if he really did believe that they were all from different worlds and sent to this one for some kind of...almighty purpose. Agni knew he had a mission of his own that he need to complete in his own world.

"...I think so," he confirmed. "I don't know how else to explain this."

He looked back at the path ahead of them. It was starting to get a little darker out, but he caught sight of something in the distance. Something that, if he squinted just enough, looked almost like a cave-

No, that was a cave. His leg hated him for suddenly pushing on ahead of Evaline, but he just had to check his guess. The closer he got to that little speck on the horizon, the more certain he became.

"I think I just found shelter," he said, pointing at the cave.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:16 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Evaline wasn't sure she was completely sold on the idea of everyone being from other worlds, but it was the only idea that made sense right now, and she didn't want to find another excuse to rationalize away her insanity. It sufficed, for now. Even if this answer was just as insane.

Lee went ahead to declare the cave as shelter, and she nodded, studying it as she approached. She wasn't really a nature person, per se, so it wasn't like she was an expert on what was or was not a good shelter. But the day was getting dark, and at least it provided a roof over their heads.

"This could work," she commented. "If we will be here until morning, we'll also need food and water. And in this world..." she trailed off, looking around their strange surroundings, "... I'm not sure what we can find and where it could be."
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4075 Reviews

Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:42 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Chudnofsky sniffed the air.

"Umm...water shouldn't be too hard to hard to find," said Chudnofsky, "the plantlife does need it and there should be a decent water source that's relatively pure somewhere nearby. Food, though...uhh...I don't know, I'm familiar with a lot of edible things but I have no idea if any of them can be found in here, the only way to know for sure would be to well...go look. We can try to do it in the morning, but if we need it now, I wouldn't mind going looking, I'll have no problem even if its pitch black. And perhaps Lee, you can help. You've got fire, you can light your way. As for this cave, it doesn't look terrible, I can't be sure if its a hundred percent safe but it should keep you humans safe from the worst of the elements."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:02 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lee completely agreed with everything that Maliachisinsky said. Water would hopefully be easy find; food would be more difficult. Even going out in the darkness didn't sound like quiet the horrible idea because of his bending.

But there was one thing that he couldn't ignore, and it wasn't even the main point that Maliachisinsky was trying to make.

"...You say humans like you aren't one," he slowly said. "If it's, uh, not rude to ask, what are you?"
mage

queer and here.

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:35 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

Peanut hummed, scratching at her shirt. After talking with Maliachi, she figured she didn’t need to think too hard about what all this stuff could mean. There was one thing she could initiate though.

“Does anyone happen to have paper or pencils or anything we could think about writing with? I figure we could sketch out some landmarks or something so we can start plotting where we’re going next.”
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

4075 Reviews

Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:49 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Oh no problem," said Chudnofsky, waving it off, "umm...I guess the official species classification for me would be Arkgerhartyuinovanta Dek Sorauhkra Venromgateguinafuigan and that roughly tranlates to The Ancient People or something like that...but the common term you use in English would be Ancient Hydranian. The original species that formed on the planet know as uhh...Hydrania...I know, not the most creative species name."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I don't know," Lee said, giving Maliachisinsky a tiny smile. "It might not sound to original to you, but I've never heard a name like that before."

He looked over over at Peanut. He didn't know what a pencil was, but he guessed it must have been some kind of writing utensil. After patting his clothes down to confirm what he already was almost entirely sure he knew, he glanced back up at her. "I don't have anything to write with. Before I came here, I was coming home after work."

He wasn't sure why he thought it might be good to glance around the cave. Maybe it was because he always seemed to be stumbling onto forgotten things while traveling; that was how he had gotten his first outfit after leaving the Spirit World.

He caught sight of something farther back in the cave.

Bending a little flame to illuminate the area right around him, he approached it. It looked like some kind of camp. It had been long forgotten. Dust and moss covered its bags and books. But, if they were lucky, there would be something useful there.
mage

queer and here.

I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
— Chandler Bing