z

Young Writers Society

Earth 2078

Random avatar

Reviews: 112
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:18 am
View Likes
SpunkyMonkey says...

Belladonna forced herself to continue through the heat. She had lost a few of her knives in some fights, and hoped to get lucky enough to find replacements. It was unlikely though, but she didn't have anything better to do. Her bags bounced on her sides.
<3 i lub you wonderful hooman <3

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:40 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

The voice continued to echo across the city.

"Humanity must evacuate the planet...zz...bzzz... Our only hope is Mars," the NASA scientist said. "This broadcast...zzzz...is being sent from the bunkers in Ottawa... Canada... Please, if you are able, make your way there...zz...and work together."
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:49 pm
View Likes
Horisun says...

Eliza gazed up, both bewildered and terrified. Mostly the latter.
That was so far away. She would never make it.

Why did her parents leave her like this?

She could already feel herself falling away, but Eliza shook herself, grabbing a pack of stale crackers from her bag.

There was no harm in trying, she supposed.
She/Her

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:16 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Mestria was crouched on a rooftop, listening to the radio go on about "human life not being able to survive on Earth". Just hearing that made her mad. Mestria liked to think of herself as a woman of action. Of course, actions had consequences, but who cares about consequences.

Mestria let loose a string of curses directed toward this "Dr. Andrew Ernie" or something of the sort.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:53 pm
momonster says...

Saren looked up to the sky. Mars?

Brandon shook his head. "Not good, not good! M'lord, we best get going!"

Saren sighed. Brandon insisted on calling her 'M'lord'. He said it was because his previous master (someone named Momo) had him call her that. To be honest, Saren didn't care all that much.
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:49 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Blaze was no longer amused.

He sat with his back to the wall, staring at a spiderweb of cracks on the glass window opposite him. His fingers idly toyed with an ice cream scoop he had found.
Mars... seriously? This was like every sci-fi movie he had watched as a child. Except he'd be in the crew. Who knew? Perhaps they would have to fight off aliens and whatnot. Or perhaps they'd die out anyway.

Can't stop fighting until I'm dead.
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

Random avatar

Reviews: 112
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:41 pm
View Likes
SpunkyMonkey says...

She paused. What was it the person had said? Something about Mars?

Belladonna shrugged. Whatever it was, it probably wasn't meant for her. She cursed herself. Why hadn't she paid more attention? Maybe someone would tell her what happened. Or she could force them to. The thought brought a slight smirk to her face. Who knows? She might get some knives out of it too.
<3 i lub you wonderful hooman <3

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:17 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Terrence glanced at his dogs and then looked around to see if anyone was nearby. Go to Mars? Walk to Ottawa? How was he supposed to do that? He'd hardly made it to Providence and back-- 43 miles. But to Ottawa-- that was 400 miles!
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:25 pm
View Likes
starbean says...

Name: Raymie
Looks: Black hair, long sleeved shirt, jeans, blue eyes
Personality: (Can leave blank if you aren't sure yet) Quiet, likes the color green, likes to be outside, contented, smart, mysterious
Weapons: Homemade spear and bow
Pets: (Limit of two, opt.) Wild squirrel named Smokey
she/her————pro-life————Christian————climber of rocks, trees, and rooftops----reader of poetry, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Pam Munoz Ryan, and Anthony Doerr
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:56 pm
View Likes
starbean says...

Raymie's footsteps scuffed along the ruins of the building. Her leather Romeos were slightly over-sized and her small figure could hardly hold them up. She was small, and not very strong but she was good with a bow and those days that was all she needed. She was alone in the Ruined City, her foster parents had left her in the middle of the night just a couple months ago.
I don't need them anyway, she thought.
They were not very kind to her, anyways.
She walked across the building and into the woods.
Life used to be so good! But then, just this year... she sighed.
In the Past children would kick soccer balls around or swing on the metal swing-sets.

Raymie had never liked the noise, but she would rather have that than this.

There used to be an abundance of trees and bushes and berries in the small woodland, but now there were only a few juniper trees, along with dry grass and sagebrush.

She lived in a larger juniper tree with an abundance of juniper berries. She built a platform on a spot where there was good shade and enough room. She had cleared some branches from above so she could stand. It was not very hard to do, as she was barely four feet. The berries took years to ripen and had a strong, bitter taste but when cooked right they were alright. She had built a small fire pit below the tree where she cooked them. She would occasionally shoot a bird or come across a dead deer. Seeing them lying on the rocky ground always struck her with grief, but she was excited because deer meat was very good. Especially when she seasoned them with juniper berries.
A little skittering sound filled the quiet forest-like place. At first Raymie tensed, but when the furry mischief maker came into view, she smiled. It was Smokey. He had taken a liking to her, but he still was wary of her. The little squirrel squeaked when he smelled the nuts in Raymies pocket that she had been saving. She took one out and reached her hand out slowly. Smokey was hesitant at first but with one quick swipe of his paw he had the nut and fiercely nibbled on it, dropping little bits of the peanut shells on the floor. Raymie giggled. She missed a lot of things about the Past but this is one thing that she was glad about. She had never had any friends and Smokey was a funny little companion for her. She was glad to be here. She wouldn't be anywhere else if it were up to her.
she/her————pro-life————Christian————climber of rocks, trees, and rooftops----reader of poetry, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Pam Munoz Ryan, and Anthony Doerr
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:58 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

Ayshi paused as radio static erupted from various half wrecked radios surrounding her residence. She pursed her lips, giving Drystan a little pat to calm him before starting to walk. Suddenly words started spitting out of some of the radios. She paused again. Catching snippets of the worlds. "NASA scientist......earth unhabitable.......must move to mars....... bunkers in Canada..."

She frowned. she'd known earth's atmosphere and climate was crumbling, but with the failed mars trip years ago she figured they'd be here for another hundred years in the least. Even if that hundred years was them all slowly dying from poisoned air.

Contuniening her carful navaigating aorund teh various piles of junk she pondered the strange message.
The messaged had metnioned somthing about bunkers in canada. All she knew of canada was that it was largly unhabited, and very cold.
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

278 Reviews

Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:57 am
LittleLee says...

He stretched out on the ground, arms crossed behind his head. Canada. That was a long, long walk. This wasn’t going to be very fun, but Mars…

It would be best to find other humans and head to Canada together. He didn’t know the way, and their chances of survival would increase in a band.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:06 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

just gonna sneak in here and pop in the OOC Earth 2078 OOC
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:04 am
View Likes
Pokeberry111 says...

Name:Macy Dee Mallen

Looks: Curly dyed white hair, a light blue right eye, a darker blue left eye, a red jacket and gray shorts, pale skin

Personality: Calm, Understanding, rarely shouts, stuburn (Can leave blank if you aren't sure yet)

Weapons: A rigged bow and arrow, random tipped arrows.

Pets: A ferret named Mink
"If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can't hear them anymore." -Michele Ruiz
They/Them
Berry/Lu's the name
Berry's Google Doc Books ^^

278 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2021 5:14 pm
View Likes
LittleLee says...

(Boop)

With a sigh, he rolled onto his feet and walked to the door. May as well check if there were other survivors around so he could pass on the message.
Blaze stepped out into the light, squinting as he did so. Then he cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted, "Hey! Anyone alive?"

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites