Hey-Day Capriccio

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey-Day Capriccio

William E. Ghast High School is your average high school in an average, suburban town. The teachers are normal. The classes are sometimes boring, sometimes exciting, and sometimes dreadful. And the school itself is never ancient or new. For all intents and purposes, William E. Ghast High school (fondly shortened to Ghast High) should be a normal school. But, like many other schools, Ghast High has its...rumors. Stories are told of students being whisked away in forgotten hallways. Of stairways that lead to nowhere. Of a bathroom stall you can never escape. None of these rumors have ever been proven, but they still make its students wary of staying too late without anyone else in the building.

Summer is on the horizon. The last class of the year has officially ended, and the school’s gates have been locked for the last time until the fall semester begins. By all accounts, no one should ever have any interest in the school until then.

Yet here you are, inside the school’s halls.

Your reasons for being here may vary, but you quickly discover you are not alone. Maybe this is just chance; maybe it’s the school trying to keep its students for good. It’s impossible to tell.

But the school’s doors have been locked.

You’ll have to work together with the others to find a way out of Ghast High. You can try to ignore the school’s supposed ghosts, but be wary: the supernatural has a way of sneaking into the minds of even the most courageous.

Cast

1. Magebird
2. Yoshikrab
3. Valkyria
4. HarryHardy
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Rules

1. Please include a description of your character in your first post - you can throw it into a spoiler using the code down below and put it at the top of your post.

Code: Select all
[spoiler]Put your description here![/spoiler]

If you don't include the description in your first post, make sure to mention it over in the DT!

2. Feel free to pick characters from whatever you want. They can be from another roleplay, a storybook, a novel or even a fanfiction of yours. The world, time and plot they're from ultimately just impacts how they interact with this roleplay, so it's really up to you.

In a little twist from the usual rules I post, I’d prefer if your character had a clear reason for being in this school. They can be from another world, but make sure they have a reason for ending up in the school in the first place! It might be best writing a student at Ghast High, but it’s ultimately up to you.

3. Please only use one character in this. :)

4. Please don't write for anyone else's characters. It's hard to predict what someone else might have their characters do, and it takes away some of the fun for the other writers.

5. You're free to have your character guess what the plot is, but don't make any plot-altering decisions with talking about with me first. You can PM me or chat in our discussion topic if you have an idea - I love scheming! :)

(It would also be really helpful if you said you were joining over in that thread, rather than in a post here. This roleplay will involve a lot of scheming between writers. :))

6. Don't post multiple times in a row, and make sure everyone has a chance to get a response in. There's going to be times where it makes more sense to post back-and-forth between two people, but try avoiding it unless you absolutely have to - it prevents the other writers from getting too behind and feeling like they aren't involved with the story.

7. Have fun!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:45 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Kody Hart: At the time of this roleplay, Kody is fifteen years old and at the very end of his sophomore year. Despite the warm weather, he's wearing clothes better suited for cold weather - a dark green sweat shirt, a black denim jacket, black jeans with rips near the knees, and combat boots. He has messy light brown hair and dark green eyes.

This picture is a little outdated art style wise, but here's a drawing I made of him back in February for reference!

mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:13 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The end of the school year had finally arrived.

It was a strange school year. With Kody's high school closed for sudden but very necessary renovations, he had spent the past three months going to William H. Ghast High School. It had gone just as well as he had guessed it would. Jack was more popular than him. Chase had gotten a lead role in the spring play. And Kody, who had always been on the outskirts of the social circles in his regular school, found himself exactly where he was used to being most of the time.

There were a few benefits to Ghast High, though. One of the techies in the drama club recognized him from his cosplay videos. Kody still didn't know how he felt about actually meeting one of his viewers, but the other student was kind enough to let him look through the old props and costumes.

He just hadn't a chance to until now.

He wasn't sure what he was looking for; he never really was. But if he wanted to put together a fun cosplay for his next video - where he planned on giving a shout-out to that student - he needed to find something in the drama club's storage closet.

He was so preoccupied with his search that he didn't realize just how quickly the time was flying by.
mage

queer and here.

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:37 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Spoiler! :
Amber is a fourteen-year old orphaned child who had already got through almost one full year. She is still technically a freshman, but the year is almost over anyways. Amber is basically your typical furious girl with anger issues. She's stubborn and won't admit it, (Like most stubborn people), and really isn't that popular at Ghast High. She is of medium height and has long, silvery-black hair that usually just looks black. Almost imprinted on her face at all times is a suspicious scowl and a slight frown. Amber is wearing a maroon T-Shirt and a long skirt. She keeps her hair messy and doesn't braid or tie it. She wears long socks and white tennis shoes; she also keeps her shoes untied at all times. (So far, she's only tripped four times in the last week! Improving!) Her backpack is black and carries the usual things a High Schooler would carry-- except she also keeps a flashlight inside it.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

129 Reviews

Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:36 am
View Likes
yosh says...

Amber races through the hallways as fast as she can, being chased by a monster.

Oh wait, sorry, not a monster. A teacher.

"You said you were going to turn in Homework Eight!" screamed Professor Norblic. Whatever kind of name that came from, Amber didn't want to know, but she did know that Norblic was a crazy, insane, joke of a teacher that didn't deserve to teach Amber.

"I'll turn it in tomorrow!" screamed Amber back. She turned through endless hallways and found salvation in something that she never expected:

A bathroom.

No, she was not going there to do her business. She didn't mean that kind of salvation. She meant escape from Norblic.

The soles of her shoes squeaking loudly on the floor, ringed across the hallway and she turned, hitting her elbow on the water fountain and rushed straight into the bathroom, making an extra security measure by locking herself in one of the stalls.

After a moment, came the screeching of the terrible harpy, oh sorry, Teacher, banging on the door of the girls' bathroom.

There was suddenly a long silence, with lots of talking outside.

And it ended with Norblic giving a muffled yelp, "No! This is NOT what it looks like!"

And then Norblic's annoying voice was gone.

"Thankfully," muttured Amber.

She was about to exit the bathroom when suddenly another voice appeared, "Where are your make up exams!"

Amber groaned in anger and sat back down in the stall, thinking grimly that she was going to be here for a while.
Last edited by yosh on Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

so i took another nap

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:45 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Spoiler! :
Secret Solitaire: Secret is sixteen years old -just at the end of her junior year. She is 5'9, and she has chin-length, thick brown hair with sideswept bangs and blue eyes.

She's wearing a light, blue sweater with a green skirt, white leggings, and black buckle shoes.

Secret blanched at the sight of the boxes in the chorus teacher's trunk.

"There are so many," said the vice president.

"They look so heavy," said Secret. They exchanged grimaced looks.

"Yes to both statements," said the teacher. Mrs. Castle put her arms on her hips. "Those are the last of what was left from the field day. And, as the president and vice president of the student council respectively, I wanted you two to help me."

"Okay," said Secret. She hefted the closest box from the trunk. "Where are they going?"

"My classroom. Then, I want you to unload them into the closet."

Mariah groaned. "It's the last day of school, and we spend it breaking our backs!" She grabbed another box.

"Now, Mariah, it's your responsibility to be a leader," said Mrs. Castle. "Besides, you both don't have any afternoon classes."

Secret closed the closet door, wiping sweat off her brow. Mrs. Castle and Mariah had both retired from their duties, so Secret volunteered to finish the rest of the work. She checked her phone.

"4:30? I can't believe I've been here so long," she muttered. She pressed her mother's contact, but the line disconnected.

Odd. There was no service.

Secret pocketed her phone, feeling a little weird. Maybe there was still some faculty at the school who knew what the problem was.

She took Mrs. Castle's key and locked the chorus room behind her.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

129 Reviews

Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:33 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Amber sighed, instinctively checking her watch . . .

. . . and remembering that she didn't bring her watch.

"Crap," grumbled Amber, then remembering that she had her phone. She pulled out her phone. It was dead.

"Double crap," grumbled Amber.

"WHERE'S THE MAKE UP EXAMS!?" roared Mr. King? Mr. Norblic? Mr. Copeland? All teachers were the same to her. Annoying, useless, and more annoying.

"I'll have them tomorrow!" screamed Amber.

"TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!" screamed Mr. Unknown Teacher in reply. Triple crap, thought Amber.

Amber dryly wondered how this could get any worse.

And it did.

"Where is your Science Project, Amber?" yelled yet another unknown male teacher.

"I swear, if another teacher comes and asks me about missing or late work, I am going to die in this bathroom," groaned Amber.

And that was exactly what happened.

so i took another nap

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:53 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

After what had to be an hour of digging through old theater props and costumes, Kody had finally hit the jackpot. He stuffed all of his finds into his mostly empty backpack, slipped his phone out of his pocket, and left the drama club's closet after locking the door. A quick glance at his phone screen showed that he had been completely wrong with his estimate. It hadn't been an hour; it had been two and a half.

Jack would have finished up at the diner with Chase by now. Kody doubted his twin would worry; he knew that Kody was staying late. But they wouldn't be able to go to Spooktober like Kody had been hoping they would-

He glanced at his phone again.

He had no bars.

The school's WiFi was questionable at times, but he had never had a problem here. Even more so, he had never had a complete lack of a signal. It made him feel uneasy, even though he didn't really need the signal for anything.

As he headed towards the entrance, he caught sight of a group of teachers standing in front of the floor's bathrooms. He wasn't doing anything wrong staying so late, but he was still worried that someone would jump to conclusions. All of the teachers here right now were from Ghast; they weren't from his school. They didn't know that Kody was a decent kid instead of the freaky boy his classmates often made him out to be.

Kody hid behind a conveniently placed pillar.

The teachers were saying something towards the bathroom, but they were all starting to look defeated. Letting out almost simultaneous sighs, the teachers muttered about having to put in failed assignments for some poor student's end-of-the-semester grades. Kody didn't envy them.

The teachers left the bathroom doors.

Still, Kody didn't move. Part of him was convinced that one of the teachers would return. Worse, he was convinced that the person instead the bathroom was going to emerge - and panic when they saw who was nearby.

There were footsteps from behind him.

Kody froze.

Kody had no way of knowing that he wasn't the only one who had stayed after that school that day. He also had no idea that the chorus room - which was right next door to the drama club's practice room down the hallway - had someone staying in it. He had been so preoccupied waiting for the bathroom's occupant to emerge that he hadn't realized how bad this whole situation would look from behind.
mage

queer and here.

159 Reviews

Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:35 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Once the room was securely locked, Secret pocketed the keys and sighed again, feeling the weight of her responsibilities slip away. She was no longer the Student Body President.

Secret had briefly considered rerunning for the position next year. It was a power she had never had before. She had been in charge of the field days and Pride Day. She was the voice of her class. She tried changing this school for the better.

It had been a fun ride, but her father always told her to stop now while she was ahead. And Mariah had been vying for the position.

Mariah would make a good president, she thought, heading for the bathroom. She's one of the friendliest kids in school, and she's a good leader.

When Secret came out, she checked her phone again. The bars were still missing. She frowned.

"That's weird," she muttered again. "The wifi was never this bad."

Hearing voices at the end of the hall, Secret looked up. Hopefully, it was a teacher who would let her borrow their phone.

She set off toward the direction, but the voices died off, and there was no one in the hall except for a kid hiding behind a pillar and staring at the girl's bathroom. He looked a little familiar.

Secret slowed her steps, raising her eyebrow. When the kid didn't turn around (although he had frozen, which meant he had heard her) she cleared her throat.

The boy turned, widening his eyes. They stared at each other, Secret trying to place where she saw him before. Finally, it clicked.

"Hey," she said slowly, "you're one of the new kids, right? Kody, is it?"

129 Reviews

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:31 am
View Likes
yosh says...

Silence-- Amber waited in silence. It was probably the most boring thing ever to happen to her. At least Amber could count the amount of times a teacher says "Um" in a lecture. This, dull, flat silence was not Amber's thing.

There was conversation outside the door, but it was too quiet for Amber to hear.

so i took another nap

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

When Kody turned, he found himself looking at a girl who seemed vaguely familiar. It wasn't until she shockingly remembered his name that he realized she was the student council president. She wasn't from his regular school; she was from Ghast High.

"That's me," he confirmed. He shoved his hands into his pockets, looked her over again, and thought for a moment on what he should do next. She didn't look scared or too concerned. If anything, her raised eyebrow suggested she was confused. "I'm surprised you knew my name. Most people remember my twin brother instead of me."
mage

queer and here.

159 Reviews

Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:48 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Secret knew Jack, of course. Despite him and his brother being new for the past three months, he had grown to be one of the most popular people in the school.

"You were in my study hall," she told him, "and your locker is pretty close to mine. We just never talked, though." She shrugged, offering him a half-smile.

"I'm Secret, by the way," she said, quirking her lips. "I bet you've never heard a name like that before, have you?"

Chuckling lightly, Secret looked down the halls. "I heard voices, but I guess whoever they were left. You wouldn't have happened to know if there's anyone else still here, would you?"

She pulled out her phone and showed him the top right corner of the screen. "I've got zero bars for some strange reason, and I was hoping to catch a teacher. How about you?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:00 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Now that it was becoming clear that Secret wasn't jumping to conclusions about him, Kody felt more at ease. He slipped his hands into his jean pockets and peered at the corner of her screen. It looked like her phone had the same issue that his had.

"I haven't heard a name like that before," he confirmed. "It's a cool one."

He glanced back in the direction of the bathroom.

"I think someone is still in there," he said. "From what I overheard, it sounded like there was a student who hadn't turned in their late work yet. You probably heard the teachers talking earlier."

He paused for a second, gaze momentarily lingering on the pillar. He could explain that he was hiding behind said pillar because he didn't want to come across as a creep or a freak, but he strangely didn't think that was needed. Secret didn't seem to be as quick to judge.

He pulled out his phone and held it up in front.

"I'm also at zero bars," he confirmed. "I couldn't find a signal earlier, but it's weird that it's doing it here, too."
mage

queer and here.

129 Reviews

Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:42 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

There was even more talking. Although it sounded a bit quieter to Amber, she needed to discourage whichever teacher was out there to go away so she could go back to her foster home.

"I'M NOT COMING OUT ANY TIME SOON, STUPID TEACHERS!" screamed Amber as loudly as she could.

She then humored herself by tapping popular tunes on the stall's wall.

so i took another nap

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn