z

Young Writers Society

Desert Wanderers

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:43 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

The desert is vast, and none know what truly resides . . .

Those were the last recorded words of Phelix of Garano, possibly one of the greatest adventurers of all time. Some say adventuring is a thrilling job, others say it is dangerous, for adventurers never last long. This was certainly the case when Phelix of Garano decided to chart the vast expanse of the Polynemian Desert.

Phelix was dearly loved by the King of Garano, and when he disappeared, the king made a rash decision: He offered two hundred pounds of gold to anyone who could bring him back. Suddenly, commonfolk and villagers throughout the kingdom flocked the the Polynemian desert to try to find the famous adventurer. No one came back.

That was before the Syndicate appeared.

The Syndicate is an enormous group of professional and novice adventurers who spend their entire lives trying to search for Phelix. They began to do what Phelix wanted to do: Chart the Polynemian Desert. And they succeeded in doing that for a very small section of the giant desert.

Some say the desert is cursed. Others say it is inhabited by a giant beast that murders anyone who enters. Even more say that there are sand pits everywhere, drowning anyone who dares venture too far in. All may be right. All may be wrong. There is only one way to find out the truth: Go in.

-------------------------------------------

A Syndicate Captain is a member of the Syndicate that commands a group of at least three other Syndicate members. They can also lead other Syndicate captains. All of this is decided by the Syndicate Commander, who occasionally leads a patrol throughout the charted territory. Syndicate cations lead expeditions, which are quests to venture deeper into the desert. The chances of survival are low, and not many return unscathed.

A Syndicate Novice is a member of the Syndicate that does not lead expeditions. They follow orders from Captains, and join them on expeditions.

Syndicate Marshals are high ranking captains that oversee the work of the other Syndicate Members. They can override anything a Captain says, thus showing their rank. The only one who is higher ranking than Marshals is the Commander.

A Rogue is a person not part of the Syndicate who also searches for Phelix. However, they are immediately detained when seen by a Syndicate Captain or Marshal. They are considered criminals on charted land by the Syndicate, but follow their own rules.

There are a few rules you'll have to comply to.

1. Do not immediately find Phelix. Even if you do, he may evade you, or not recognize you, or attack you. Above all else, do not immediately find Phelix.

2. You can create your own monsters or obstacles to fight. For example, a giant sand dragon rises out of the ground. When a new creature is found, it is recorded and remembered. Please don't find a new creature every expedition. It gets boring after that.

3. Phelix will be hard to find, so you'll have to try pretty hard.

4. Be appropriate. This is a roleplay for all ages.

Recorded Dangers:

(None yet)

Recent Updates:

Everything open! (Well, except for Phelix and the Commander of course.)

Btw, I will not be recording the rogues.

Syndicate Members (So I can keep track):

Spoiler! :

Commander - Yoshi

Marshal - Yoshi

Captain - Yoshi

Novice - Yoshi

they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:47 pm
yosh says...

Excited that he was about to lead his first mission, Fern glanced around at the giant desert. He was returning from a charting expedition that didn't go too far deep, so no one was too injured.

Today was the third time Fern got to ride on one of the Wind Runners. He was a Captain, but the Wind Runners were usually operated by the Marshals. Wind Runners were huge wooden gliders that basically sailed over the desert like ships. Some of the Marshals had a magical item that could stir up an artificial wind, so that was how they could use Wind Runners. Before going on Wind Runners, the expeditions were usually done by riding on camels. It was dangerous, and Fern was happy that he didn't need to do that anymore. Wind Runners were way nicer.

He walked over to ask a Marshal which team he would lead.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

Every time our next guest is here, all of our lives are seriously in danger.
— David Letterman