147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:53 am
View Likes
Carina says...

{{ A LSS ROLEPLAY }} — (( DISCUSSION THREAD )) — [[ PAD ]]

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

It’s 2021, the winter holiday season and the SS Anastasia is set to depart on a ten day long cruise throughout the Caribbean from Miami, Florida...

The ship belongs to a small cruise company called Argonaut Cruise Lines, based in Greece. It's no Royal Caribbean or Princess, but they're known for high quality service and have a small fleet around the world. The cruise ships are smaller to give what Argonaut calls "adventures" a homier, more personal feel.

You're one of 700 people aboard the Anastasia. You booked the cruise because you thought it would be a respite from the struggles of your daily life, and because Argonaut has a glowing reputation. It might be a bit pricier than most cruises, but from the food, the entertainment, and the sights to see, you decided it was worth it. And you decided on the Caribbean because it's cold where you're from, and you wanted to be warm.

It will be a chance to get away, and for the eight days, everything goes perfectly. The food is the best food you've ever tasted. You may not have your phone or access to the internet, but there are nightly plays and concerts, even movie screenings, so you don't even miss it. Your texts and emails can wait, and you take a respite in not knowing what's going on in the world for a week.

And the excursions are beautiful. White sand beaches. Turquoise water. There's swimming, hiking, kayaking, sunbathing, and the charm of the local towns.

It's a Saturday. A day at sea. Tomorrow you'll have an excursion day in the capital of Puerto Rico, San Juan. And then it's back to Miami. Back to your daily life. It went way too fast. But the day at sea is one final chance to enjoy the pleasures of the boat.

It's a normal afternoon. Maybe a little overcast and gray. You heard it might rain, but you aren't too worried about it as you treat yourself to a day in the spa. Your guests decided not to come with you, and you're looking forward to reconvening with them for a formal dinner in the ship's dining room.

It will be a pleasant, relaxing day.

Or so you thought.

╔═════════════════════ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ══════════════════════╗

T H E . C A S T

╚═════════════════════ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ══════════════════════╝
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

147 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:12 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Jack repeatedly turned over his chicken parmesan with his fork, eyebrows furrowed. "I don't know, I'm worried about Maxine and Sophie. Do you think we can pay to FaceTime them?" he said to Olivia across the table.

Olivia looked at him like he said something horrific. "And spend twenty pounds? No way."

It was funny how Olivia was the most frugal out of the two of them; she was the type of person who would fix up her own shoes instead of replacing them, and calculate how much each homecooked meal costs down to the penny so she can figure out an appropriate portion size. Ironically, this vacation was all her idea, but it doesn't mean she would cough up the money for the extra amenities.

"Besides," she added, "the babysitter is taking care of them. It'll be okay." She reached across the table to touch his hand. "It's our week together, after all."

"You're right," he said, gently squeezing her soft hand in response.

She grinned. "Besides, I've got a surprise tonight."

His glasses seemed to glint at the mention. "Oh?"

"You'll see. Now hurry up and finish your lunch."

Post 1/5 --- 191 words
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:42 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

"Moira, did you hear me?"

"Sorry, what did you say?"

Moira caught her reflection in the glass of her now empty Black Dahlia cocktail.

Jill was at a cooking demonstration, something neither Anya or Moira had any interest in so they were at lunch together and Moira's eyes had drifted to a British couple sitting a few seats away. She was staring because the husband looked like Aldous Huxley. Imagine that. She looked away before the couple caught her staring.

"You like the blue bridesmaids dress, right? I think you look so hot in it."

"Yeah," said Moira. She was happy for Anya, she really was, and she liked Jeff. But she was ready to move onto a new conversation topic.

"I would have loved to have done a destination wedding, but," Anya said. "But we did this trip. Jeff thought it was important."

Moira nodded.

"This salmon is soooo good," Anya said. "God I'm going to miss the food. AND THE WINE!"

Moira tried not to roll her eyes. Anya was doing it again. With long blonde hair, wide blue eyes and perfect skin, she looked and sometimes acted like a dumb blonde. She wasn't. She was smart, a pharmacy technician who'd graduated near the top of her class, but didn't seem to want the world to know.

"I should get another one of these," Moira said out loud. "Kind of fucked up to name a drink after a girl who was maimed and killed."

"You say as you get another one," Anya shot back.

"It's good. Shut up." Moira stood up and approached the bar. She was ready to reunite with Jill, ready to get dressed up and feel like a princess on formal night.

She didn't want to think about New York. Not yet, anyway.

Post 1/5 --- 292 words

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:57 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

The bartender refilled their glasses for the third time, looking a little sour. Eliza didn't know why; she and her friends were filling up his cash register. Martha threw her head back and gulped it down, but Eliza drank her wine more slowly. Martha's boyfriend, John, followed her lead.

Two nights ago, the three of them had drunk themselves into stupors. And Eliza had woken up with one hell of a hungover, so she wasn't ready to do that again.

But she felt so alive.

College was a week away. They would be graduating by the end of the year. Eliza wanted to release herself before classes started because she would have no time to go to parties while studying.

"Another glass, my good man," Martha said. She pushed her empty glass toward the bartender. He glared at her.

"I think you've had enough," John told her.

"It is never enough for three neuroscience majors,' " Martha said, and she threw her arms around their shoulders.

Eliza finished her glass and giggled. "I suppose we can have one more glass."

Post 1/5--- 187 words
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

4101 Reviews

Reviews: 4101
Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:15 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"The integration of that is f'(x) by f(x), that means the ship should be uhh...the square root of seven two nine...is...twenty seven and..."

"Susan," said a nearby voice, pulling her out of the equation that she'd been scribbling down on the tissue next to her plate.

"Uh huh," she mumbled.

"Susie," said the voice again, and she finally looked up to see the smiling face of her father.

She couldn't help but smile. "Yes Dad?"

"Don't you think you should eat first, the food's getting cold," he said, pointing to her untouched plate.

"Ohh...sorry, I actually thought of a way to calculate this ship's length by assuming the length of the deck was a curve and then measuring..." she began but stopped at the lost look on her father's face.

"I'm afraid your mother's the only one that can translate that one, maths was never my strong suit," he said gently.

"Sorry." She pushed a couple of stray hairs out of her face. "I wonder what Mom's doing right now, Daph and Cass are probably turning the house upside down. I miss them so much."

"Me too," said her father," only a couple of days. Till then you have me."

Susan smiled. She jumped out of her seat and made her way to the other side, giving her father a hug.

"What do you want?" said her father, pulling away, and looking at her suspiciously.

She crossed her arms. "Why would you ask that?"

"You'll have to try harder to fool me Susan. Now spill."

Her face reddened. "Umm..." she began.

Post 1/5 --- 261 words
Last edited by KateHardy on Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:51 am
View Likes
Carina says...

"This is not how I envisioned fun," Jack grumbled, adjusting his grip with Olivia's hands while looking down at his feet.

Olivia laughed. "You'll need it tonight." She tilted his chin up so he's facing her. "Quit looking at your feet and listen to the music. Close your eyes and trust me."

Jack inwardly sighed. As much as he tries to be around the kids, he's just not the creative type. Drawing, writing, music—dancing. Olivia wanted to take a dancing lesson before the formal dinner tonight, and West Coast Swing was the only partner dancing lesson available today. Why couldn't it be something simpler, like line dancing? That seems like a much easier American dance to learn than this.

Still, Jack followed her advice and closed his eyes for some moments, trying to follow the instructor's voice as she counted out loud. One two, three and four, five six, seven and eight...

"Nice job!" Olivia whispered loudly, coming in for a quick hug. Her head seemed to fit under his chin perfectly and he has always found that so comforting.

The instructor suddenly stopped counting and applauded the class. "Good job everyone! Followers, turn to your right and switch partners. We'll do this one more time before learning the sugar push."

Jack looked back at Oilvia, horrified.

She let out a devilish smile, booping his nose before walking away. "Good luck, partner."

Post 2/5 -- 232 words
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4101 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:00 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Susan scribbled away on her notepad inside her cabin. She was almost done with her equation. A few more steps and she'd have an approximate length for the whole ship. Not for the first time, she wished that she hadn't decided that leaving her calculator at home was a good idea. The integration had ended up far more complicated than she'd assumed.

A few minutes later she finally had her answer. She stabbed the notepad with the pen.

"Take that, you stupid integration. You thought you could fool me. You thought wrong." She gave the notepad the most threatening look she could muster but it was ruined by the bright smile on her face. Frowning was not her strong suit.

She put her pen down and laid back in the chair, trying to think of what she had to do next. Alright...time to go ask. Its now or never. Deciding that the best course of action would be to find her father, she got up, stretching and yawning as she tried to shake off the stiffness of sitting in one place for half an hour.

She ran off towards the deck, hoping that her father would be out on the deck like he usually was at the time. Sure enough he was leaning over the railing, staring out into the distance. Do I hug him right away? No that's too obvious. Hugs after he says yes.

She ran up to him and tapped him lightly on the shoulder. He turned to face her. He raised his eyebrows.

"What brings you out here at this time? I thought you were working on something?"

Post 2/5 --- 274 words
Last edited by KateHardy on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:39 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

It was afternoon now, and they'd reconnected with Jill. The dance lesson had been Moira's idea. Never mind that none of them had partners. The ship bulletin advertised that you could go stag and they'd pair you. And who knows, maybe it would be a chance to meet someone.

It was just their luck that they'd caught eyes with a group of three cute Irishmen their age and began chatting. Moira instantly caught eyes with Darren. He had dark hair cut like a Beatle and wide, crystal blue eyes. And ooh, his accent was sexy.

The others were Connor and Aidan. As soon as they were told to pair up, Darren took Moira's hand and led her to the dance floor. Jill was with Connor. Anya danced with Aidan.

"I'm engaged," she told Aidan with a laugh. Their dance was friendly, casual.

Yes, Anya, we know, everyone knows. Moira thought. But not for long. She was so into Darren as they followed the instructor's steps.

"What time are you going to dinner tonight?" He asked. God, his accent was sexy.

"Seven," Moira replied.

"Me too," Darren said. Was he blushing? Wait, what was happening?

And then--

They were told to switch partners. The man facing her now? Aldous Huxley from lunch. Imagine that. "Um, hello," Moira said, watching as Darren approached another girl. "I'll be in turquoise," she told him. "If that helps." Then, she turned back to Aldous Huxley. "Hi," she said again, nervously.

Post 2/5 - 225 words

-- Walt Disney

160 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:51 am
View Likes
Valkyria says...

The alcohol was taking its effect a little quicker. Eliza felt it creeping up, and she shook her head, trying to clear it. Martha, however, embraced it.

"This wine -hicc- is good," she said to the bartender, who only rolled his eyes and grunted.

"Thank you, sir," said John, placing some money on the counter, "but I don't think we'll be needing your services any longer."

"Good riddance," the bartender said, placing the money in the register.

John and Eliza hooked their arms around Martha and lifted her off the counter. Martha made a sound of protest.

"Guys, I can walk fine," she said and pulled herself out of their arms. Martha walked a few steps forward and bumped into one of the empty tables.

"Wait until you're a little less sober," Eliza told her, and Martha giggled apologetically. "Hey, I think they're having a dance." She pointed to a sign posted on the notices board.

"Ooh, let's dance, John, please," Martha said, leaning into her boyfriend's chest. "It'll be so much fun. But, let's dance on the deck. It'll be so romantic, and Eliza can catch me if I swoon."

"John gave Eliza an amused smile. "Okay."

Martha half-stumbled onto the deck, and Eliza and John quickly caught her. They walked by a girl tapping her father on the shoulder and made their way to the center of the deck.

Martha kissed Eliza on the cheek and threw her arms around John. "Dance with me, love!"

Eliza laughed. "I'll leave you two to it."

Post 2/5--- 257 words
Last edited by Valkyria on Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:40 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Jack died a little inside when Olivia walked away and an American woman stepped up to replace her. He wouldn't say he has social anxiety, but it can come across that way because he doesn't know what to say around complete strangers.

"Hey," Jack said back awkwardly. Over to his right, he heard Olivia introduce herself. "I'm Jack," he added, figuring this is what he's doing now.

"Moira," she said back.

The instructor started counting to eight again and he took her hands and did his best to repeat what he did a little bit ago. She seemed to know what she was doing and happened to be about the same height as Olivia, so it wasn't as bad as he thought it'd be, but overall, not good.

"Sorry, I'm not very good at this," he said apologetically, offering a 'please don't be annoyed with me, I didn't sign up for this' kind of look.

"That's okay," she said. "Neither am I."

They fumbled the dance for another minute before moving on to the next partner.

Post 3/5 -- 176 words
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

4101 Reviews

Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:50 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Umm...so...I kind of want to check out the spa a bit today," she said, nervously twirling a strand of her hair.

"Su.." began her father.

"Its like the last day that's its possible. And I've always wanted to try one, especially one a cruise. Pretty please?' she said, going full puppy dog look on him.

"Sue..that look worked when you were half this age," he said, althought the smile on his face suggested that he might be cracking. Sue pressed on.

"I'll be in and out very quickly, I promise it won't talk too long. And its not that expensive either. Please. Just this once."

"Okay but..." he began but was cut off as Susan grabbed him in a bear hug.

"Thank you soo much."

"Wait a minute...you don't get to run off yet. I need to come to drop you off, you're not going off there alone."

"Daaad," she said.

Post 3/5 --- 150 words
Last edited by KateHardy on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:14 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

Moira stumbled uneasily away from the British man who looked like Aldous Huxley. She hadn't bothered to learn his name. They danced for a while longer with different partners, and then it was over. As the crowd dispersed, Moira watched the man who had torn her away from Darren take his wife by the hand and leave the hall. So in love.

Moira sighed. She'd been like that once. With Stephen. Of course, that's what Stephen had been like in public. Private was another story. She had to remind herself she was better off without him.

And who knew? Moira moved closer to the exit and waited for Jill and Anya. Just then, she saw Darren wave at her as he found his friends and left. Her heart skipped a beat. She wasn't sure what was expecting would happen. Tomorrow, he would go back to Ireland and she to New York.

Even if it was just one night, she wouldn't regret it, but still she wanted more than that. And even if it didn't happen, it wouldn't shake her loneliness when she got back to New York.

Jill and Anya both approached her with mischievous grins on their faces. "Okay, Moira, spill."

"His name's Darren, he asked me about dinner," she said. Her face was hot.

"Girl."

Moira sighed. She briefly saw her reflection in a mirror and saw it was still red as a tomato. "I'm thinking about a mani-pedi before dinner. Wanna come?"

"I'll pass," Jill said.

"Me too," Anya added. "You're going now?"

Moira nodded. "I might get a coffee first, then I'll go."

"Walk you? I could use a smoothie," Jill said.

"I'm going to gain ten pounds on this cruise," Anya remarked. So, a yes from her.

Together, the three friends left for an afternoon coffee. The sun was shining on the boat deck. It was a beautiful day. To think it was probably fifteen degrees back home.

Post 3/5 - 315 words

-- Walt Disney

160 Reviews

Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:45 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Leaving John and Martha on the deck, Eliza walked back to their room and took out her favorite book. She went out to another part of the ship and sat down on one of the sun chairs.

When she was five chapters in, John and Martha reappeared. Martha plopped down right on top of Eliza, eliciting a grunt from Eliza.

Martha threw her arms around her and snuggled into her shoulder.

"I missed you," she said. Eliza dropped her book and hugged Martha, resting her head on Martha's head.

"We've been apart for, like, fifteen minutes," Eliza said. Martha merely grunted. John settled on Martha's other side and pushed himself onto the chair, nearly tipping Eliza over the edge.

The afternoon breeze ruffled Eliza's hair as they sat in comfortable silence.

"You know, Eliza," said Martha, "you look very tense." Eliza furrowed her brow.

"Oh, yup, you do; like your bones will break off," John said.

"What are you getting at?" Eliza asked. Martha and John glanced at each other.

"We're just saying you should go to the spa, give yourself a treat," Martha said. Eliza giggled.

"Are you getting rid of me?"

"With all due respect, yes," John said.

"Oh, alright," Eliza said, getting up. "A spa sounds relaxing anyway."

"We'll see at dinner," Martha said. "At seven!"

Eliza gave them a thumbs up.

Post 3/5--- 225 words

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:53 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

As Moira waited in the pedicure, she closed her eyes. She'd decided fuck it and had gotten the deluxe mani/pedi, which cost twice as much but involved a sea salt scrub, callus removal and a gel set. She wanted to look and feel pretty when she saw Darren.

Maybe he would kiss her hand just like Jack Dawson. And then take her to a real party. Moira sighed. Honestly, she knew Titanic was just a movie (well, and a real sinking, but that was beside the point) but ever since since middle school she'd always hoped for a man like Jack Dawson.

And when they'd booked the cruise, part of her wondered if she'd meet someone. She didn't expect it to actually happen.

She opened her eyes and sighed. She was letting her imagine run wild again. It had been two years since she'd been with anyone, and the last had been Stephen.

His words still rang in her ears sometimes.

"I wish you really loved me."

"You're lucky you found me because I don't know else would want you."

She opened her eyes as the spa attendant approached her and started to fill out the tub of hot water. She was ready to relax.

There are a few other people there, but she mostly didn't pay them any mind. Part of her was glad Jill and Anya didn't come. She loved her friends, but it was nice to be alone with her thoughts.

The one thing she hadn't done yet on this trip was write. Maybe she'd go out on the deck tonight.

Post 4/5 - 255 Words

-- Walt Disney

4101 Reviews

Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:48 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Uh uh. Sue. I can't let you go there without at least seeing what the place looks like."

'You're not going to stay in there the whole time right?" she asked.

"Oh no, I have some work to finish."

"Oh okay," she said, trying to repress a smile but failing. YES. Its actually happening. Ohh Daph and Cass will be so jealous.

"I wonder what Daph and Cass are upto?" she asked, wanting to change the subject before he could reconsider.

"I imagine Cass is probably getting yelled at for forgetting her homework, now that her big sister isn't there to do it for her," he said, giving Susan a pointed look.

"I don't do it for her...I just explain to her how to do it." He raised his eyebrows.

"Only once," she said.

"Really?" he asked.

"Once a week," she said, blushing, "she just has a hard time with math. I promise she learns something from it."

"I know ," said her father, "if I didn't know that she was learning something I wouldn't have let you continue to do it, now would I?"

Susan nodded. "I'm sure she'll do it this week. She still has Daph to help her."

Post 4/5 --- 201 words
Last edited by KateHardy on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
— Abraham Heschel