z

Young Writers Society

The Forest

Random avatar

Reviews: 112
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:16 pm
View Likes
SpunkyMonkey says...

Ashen was a bit surprised. She had known the humans were in the forest, but had never imagined they would be so brash. Perhaps they were unaware of whose land they entered. She smirked at Grier,

“What did I tell you?”
<3 i lub you wonderful hooman <3

112 Reviews

Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:30 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"You did tell me." Grier glanced down at her, narrowing his eyes. "If I find you here when I return I'll turn your hide into a cloak, understood, missy?" Not waiting for an answer, he bounded off through the branches, baring his teeth in an eager grin. He hadn't had a good chase in so long.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

Random avatar

Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:45 pm
View Likes
SpunkyMonkey says...

Ashen turned to flee further into the forest. One step, then two, then three. But Ashen paused. She knew Grier was powerful, but not enough so to deal with those humans. A certain look of determination was forged on their faces. Pain, fear, and danger had taught them. Grier would be in trouble. Ashen scoffed,

“What do I care? It would be a blessing to the forest if he was gone.”

Still, she hesitated. He was the forest’s best defense. Groaning, she turned, following the forest terror. The battle against her instincts won.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:02 pm
View Likes
Rosewood says...

Cassie clenched her fists and swung them ever so slightly at her sides. These people, these strangers, followed her warily deeper down the trail. She had counted the footsteps again and again, but something about them always seemed... off. It could have been the wind against the trees or the bark, but she couldn't be sure. There had to be someone else, another member of the party they hadn't told her about. Nevertheless, she kept a tight, emotionless look on her face and pointed to the small clearing ahead.

"There - that's the spot."
Last edited by Rosewood on Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.... - - .--. ... ---... -..-. -..-. .-- .-- .-- .-.-.- -.-- --- ..- - ..- -... . .-.-.- -.-. --- -- -..-. .-- .- - -.-. .... ..--.. ...- -...- -.. --.- .-- ....- .-- ----. .-- --. -..- -.-. --.-

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

There was something rustling in the trees.

It could have been birds or some other kind of animal. She had heard similar noises in the woods around her shop. Still, Romi stayed alert. The Spindle Man could have been little more than a myth, but a seemingly omniscient creature would likely enjoy lurking in something unassuming. Rew did the same thing all the time. It wouldn't be a normal week if he didn't startle Liv by suddenly jumping out of a tree no one had realized he was in.

Romi didn't reach for any weapons, but she mentally prepared herself for the worst that could happen. No matter what, she couldn't let herself jump into a fight. She had to do this slowly and cautiously.

She still hadn't disproved the assumption that had made her agree to this quest in the first place.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:36 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Althea followed the girl with the others, looking around her every so often. She didn't fully trust the girl, but what other choice did they have? Following her was their best option.

Something rustled in the trees. Althea looked up sharply, straining her eyes against the greens and browns. Were they being followed? Could it be the Spindle Man?

She had heard stories about him when she was younger. They were tactics usually to get her to go to bed or do chores. She considered reaching for her sword.

Althea glanced over at the others, wondering if they had heard the rustling too. Romi had, but she kept a straight face. She didn't reach for any weapons, either.

Althea decided to follow her lead. Besides, what if it was an animal? She would be overreacting.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

Random avatar

Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:31 pm
View Likes
SpunkyMonkey says...

Ashen tiptoed closer to were she thought Grier was. Hopefully she wasn't too late.

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.
— Robert Brault