Daybreak

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:51 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

WFP Link
https://vil.writerfeedpad.com/95
PUs, Plot Ideas, Family Trees, and Many Other Details May Be Found in the Linked Pad. Extra Lore May Be Found in My Portfolio.

Discussion Thread

Belecthorian/Meretican To Do List:
-New Plot Updates
-Allegoria/Thira Battles

Joining Requirements, Rules, and Extra Guidelines:
1. You must read all of the PUs. It keeps you in the loop. We can elaborate as needed. Yes, I know there's a lot to read, but this is a very long RP already (Feb. 2019-Present).
2. It is recommended that you PM @Vil or @Stringbean with any questions/concerns you may have. We've been here since this story's conception, so if anyone knows it, it'll be us.
3. It is not required that you read every post because there are several sub-plots that are difficult to keep track of at times. That's why we make use of PUs.
4. Please take note that there is no established character sheet. Instead, we have linked rough portraits of our characters in the WFP with short character personality descriptions.
5. Please follow all YWS rules, regulations, and decrees.

Spoiler! :
@ChamomilePendragon @Stringbean @ShadowQueen @Vil
Last edited by Riverlight on Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:13 pm
View Likes
Stringbean says...

[This marks the timeskip of about four days from the day Michael returned and Finn went to stay with Adrian.

Also, I'm going to play around, guys, with writing Natalia in first person if that's not too confusing. She seems to do better that way XD]

There's something about the smell of soil that is different in the late days of autumn. Maybe it's things turning to rot I suppose, but they haven't decayed so awfully that the smell is unpleasant. Instead, it's the smell of fertile things beginning to return to the earth in preparation for spring.

The scent drifts up in the chill air and pale, warm, afternoon sunlight as I jab the sharpened end of my stick into the ground and turn up the frosted soil while on my knees. There are tubers under the ground, wild and tawny and tough until you boil them down. This season I think I will see how it is to mix the boiled inside with some of the syrup tapped and boiled down from the maples further down the mountainside. There are nuts also that can be crushed into pieces and mixed. With the nuts and the filling tubers, a little bit stretch a long way between us. We'll gather as many as we can today, because soon the ground will be too hard to search anymore and the roots won't be good anyway.

The thoughts, though mundane perhaps, occupy my mind as I work my half-frozen fingers under the cold sod I've dug up at the base of a plant with the tell-tale large, wide leaves. Ground. Earth. Soil. I think of Phineas' burial three days ago.
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

311 Reviews

Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:21 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

"Isilmé!" (ee-seel-may)
The Belecthorian turned at the sound of her name, the toe of her boot sliding against the smooth, solid stone beneath her feet. "Yes, Lord?"
The Steward was only a few centimetres taller than she was-- younger, too, though anyone looking at them would have thought the opposite was true. Noctis was tan and had tawny brown hair, and his gray eyes were full of experience and memories. He was well-built and muscular, and his sharp cheekbones were proof that he was indeed a pure-blooded Belecthorian like she was. Noctis's thin lips curved downward into a half-frown, and his sleek hair rested on his shoulders. He was dressed in his normal dark blue robes and white cloak, a small Dwarven diadem atop his head.
Isilmé, on the other hand, was thin and had long blonde hair, stretching past her waist. Her diamond-shaped face was pale because she had been living in the Cavern for months now-- the world beneath the ground fascinated her more than the forests above-- and Isilmé's figure was lithe and bony. She wore light Elven armor, and a sword was strapped to one side, with a small gun holstered at the other.
"We've just recieved word that Phineas Jones is dead."
Noctis let that sink in for a moment. "Dead?" Isilmé half-asked, half-said. "But-- we still need him."
The Steward sighed. "I know. But, he's dead, Sinestra just sent word..."
Isilmé sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Shit. What do you need me to do, sir?"
"Other than washing your mouth out?" Noctis lamented. "I need you to gather my council. King Michael says we'll have elections in a few months, and I want to make sure that things go as smoothly as possible when I start my campaign."
"Of course, my Lord."
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Isilmé quietly walked through the vast, dimly lit darkness, crossing one of the broad Dwarf bridges from ages past. Eminent columns of stone rose at least half a mile above her head, each one carefully chiseled, and individualized. From the large hewed arches between the columns, great lumps made of gemstones hung like pale stars in the sky-- hues of green, red, yellow, ornate, blue, and purple shined down upon the pale stone floor. Runes were etched into each, casting faint shadows like wisps of clods onto the floor.
Somewhere nearby, Isilmé could hear the tom tap tap tom of a hammer, and somewhere a harp was being plucked, the vibrations echoing throughout the Caverns. The sounds were calming to her, even if anyone else thought they were annoying.
Behind Isilmé, several members of Noctis's council quietly followed behind, making no noise aside from the soft taps that their feet made on the stone.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

311 Reviews

Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:52 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Jaques stood in the stronghold that had once belonged to one Scarlet Frost, a dark, cruel smile upon his face. The Thirans would be wiped out within a year at the earliest, two at the latest, apart from any that had somehow escaped his wrath in th mountains. But even there, there was no escape, not really-- just the postponement of death and nothing more. When his domination of the world was complete, there would be no parties, no dances, no fireworks. No, no, only the preparation for what was to come:

He would be a god. But not just a god, no, no, no, no!

He would be the God.

And he would rule the world before expanding out into the multiverse, conquering other worlds, expanding his power, his influence, taking all as his own.

And no one could stop him.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:23 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Stringbean wrote:[This marks the timeskip of about four days from the day Michael returned and Finn went to stay with Adrian.

Also, I'm going to play around, guys, with writing Natalia in first person if that's not too confusing. She seems to do better that way XD]

There's something about the smell of soil that is different in the late days of autumn. Maybe it's things turning to rot I suppose, but they haven't decayed so awfully that the smell is unpleasant. Instead, it's the smell of fertile things beginning to return to the earth in preparation for spring.

The scent drifts up in the chill air and pale, warm, afternoon sunlight as I jab the sharpened end of my stick into the ground and turn up the frosted soil while on my knees. There are tubers under the ground, wild and tawny and tough until you boil them down. This season I think I will see how it is to mix the boiled inside with some of the syrup tapped and boiled down from the maples further down the mountainside. There are nuts also that can be crushed into pieces and mixed. With the nuts and the filling tubers, a little bit stretch a long way between us. We'll gather as many as we can today, because soon the ground will be too hard to search anymore and the roots won't be good anyway.

The thoughts, though mundane perhaps, occupy my mind as I work my half-frozen fingers under the cold sod I've dug up at the base of a plant with the tell-tale large, wide leaves. Ground. Earth. Soil. I think of Phineas' burial three days ago.

There were no more leaves on the trees. Instead, they were scattered on the ground, all bright red and turning brown, like a forest’s graveyard. The November chill was settling over the small town of Sanctum, and the nights were getting shorter again. However, that didn’t discourage a young woman from venturing out into the crisp morning.

Destiny looked up at the foggy, gray sky for a moment before continuing on. The leaves under her feet would normally crumble as she walked, but her steps were light and near-silent over the forest floor. She’d gone a few minutes ahead of anyone else, leaving her with some time to kill.

The young woman approached a tree with bare branches that hung a little low. With a smile, Destiny quickly found a handhold on the trunk and pulled herself up, making her way towards a thick branch near the top. This left her with a clearer view of the forest, and the nearby buildings. The wind was stronger up here, and her cheeks were a little pale from the cold, but she didn’t really notice. It felt like if she just climbed high enough, she could just leave all her problems behind her on the ground.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:05 am
View Likes
Stringbean says...

ShadowQueen wrote: There were no more leaves on the trees. Instead, they were scattered on the ground, all bright red and turning brown, like a forest’s graveyard. The November chill was settling over the small town of Sanctum, and the nights were getting shorter again. However, that didn’t discourage a young woman from venturing out into the crisp morning.

Destiny looked up at the foggy, gray sky for a moment before continuing on. The leaves under her feet would normally crumble as she walked, but her steps were light and near-silent over the forest floor. She’d gone a few minutes ahead of anyone else, leaving her with some time to kill.

The young woman approached a tree with bare branches that hung a little low. With a smile, Destiny quickly found a handhold on the trunk and pulled herself up, making her way towards a thick branch near the top. This left her with a clearer view of the forest, and the nearby buildings. The wind was stronger up here, and her cheeks were a little pale from the cold, but she didn’t really notice. It felt like if she just climbed high enough, she could just leave all her problems behind her on the ground.

The roots are difficult to dig in normal weather, and even more so once the ground grows cold. By the time I get the last of the long, brown tubers of this plant up, my fingers are numb with cold and the tips caked with clay and packed with dirt under my nails. I release a low sigh and straighten slowly, my hands on my knees as I gingerly work the stiffness out of my back to stretch. The sky is gray above me and traced with the stark fingers of tree branches.

With another sigh, I nestle the tubers into my reed mat with a few others I have found, fold it under my arm, and stand. Destiny has gone ahead, and so deeper in. Going unhurriedly and shivering, tiny swigs crunching under my feet, I follow after her.

[I'll post for Evelyn in the morning, sorry. Barely keeping my eyes open right now. You can start if you want to]
Last edited by Stringbean on Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

135 Reviews

Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:21 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Two figures stood at the edge of the woods, almost to the end of the bare trees. However, there was some reason they weren’t going any further yet. It didn’t look like there was something them back. Rather, it seemed more like they were choosing to wait.

The taller of the two was also the younger of the two. He was well-covered up against the cold in a green long-sleeved shirt and warm jeans, but whatever visible skin of his was a soft tan, like a light caramel. His sand-colored hair looked a bit of a mess, swept back and ruffled up by the wind blowing in their faces. His hazel eyes were scanning the area hopefully, as if looking for something. Or someone.

The other person was much smaller. She was a woman in her very early thirties, with gentle dark brown eyes and soft facial features. She was rather pale, with a scattering of small freckles on her cheeks. Her auburn hair was much neater than the young man with her, with the strands flowing in the autumn wind. There was a medical kit in her left hand. Every once in a while, she would glance behind them, checking if someone was coming from that way.
Last edited by SilverNight on Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:52 pm
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

ShadowQueen wrote:[No worries, Stringbean! Also, @ChamomilePendragon there’s a spot where they’re waiting for the sisters, if you want to come in here.]

Two figures stood at the edge of the woods, almost to the end of the bare trees. However, there was some reason they weren’t going any further yet. It didn’t look like there was something them back. Rather, it seemed more like they were choosing to wait.

The taller of the two was also the younger of the two. He was well-covered up against the cold in a green long-sleeved shirt and warm jeans, but whatever visible skin of his was a soft tan, like a light caramel. His sand-colored hair looked a bit of a mess, swept back and ruffled up by the wind blowing in their faces. His hazel eyes were scanning the area hopefully, as if looking for something. Or someone.

The other person was much smaller. She was a woman in her very early thirties, with gentle dark brown eyes and soft facial features. She was rather pale, with a scattering of small freckles on her cheeks. Her auburn hair was much neater than the young man with her, with the strands flowing in the autumn wind. There was a medical kit in her left hand. Every once in a while, she would glance behind them, checking if someone was coming from that way.

Someone was indeed coming from that way: A young woman with short, messy, silver-blonde hair, wearing a worn, light blue jacket and ripped jeans that seemed to have splatters of ink or paint on them, it was impossible to tell from this distance. She was approaching slowly, as if deeply lost in thought, and she hadn't seemed to notice the people waiting at the edge of the trees yet.

135 Reviews

Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:03 pm
SilverNight says...

ChamomilePendragon wrote:
ShadowQueen wrote:[No worries, Stringbean! Also, @ChamomilePendragon there’s a spot where they’re waiting for the sisters, if you want to come in here.]

Someone was indeed coming from that way: A young woman with short, messy, silver-blonde hair, wearing a worn, light blue jacket and ripped jeans that seemed to have splatters of ink or paint on them, it was impossible to tell from this distance. She was approaching slowly, as if deeply lost in thought, and she hadn't seemed to notice the people waiting at the edge of the trees yet.

Of course, the two people were no other than Jay and Ruby. Jay was looking the other way, towards the open landscape, where there was a lonely stone house that was rather small. But Ruby was still facing the path in the woods that had led them here, and so she was the first to see her. "Hello!" she called out to the young woman, a small, sweet smile on her lips. Turning around, Jay saw her too, and he grinned a little, waving in greeting to her.

13 Reviews

Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:11 pm
View Likes

ShadowQueen wrote:

Of course, the two people were no other than Jay and Ruby. Jay was looking the other way, towards the open landscape, where there was a lonely stone house that was rather small. But Ruby was still facing the path in the woods that had led them here, and so she was the first to see her. "Hello!" she called out to the young woman, a small, sweet smile on her lips. Turning around, Jay saw her too, and he grinned a little, waving in greeting to her.

The woman glanced up, a little startled, then smiled slightly and sped up.
"Hey," she said, a little shyly, as she approached.

135 Reviews

Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:24 pm
SilverNight says...

ShadowQueen wrote:
ChamomilePendragon wrote:Someone was indeed coming from that way: A young woman with short, messy, silver-blonde hair, wearing a worn, light blue jacket and ripped jeans that seemed to have splatters of ink or paint on them, it was impossible to tell from this distance. She was approaching slowly, as if deeply lost in thought, and she hadn't seemed to notice the people waiting at the edge of the trees yet.

There was just one thing confusing them: which twin was it? Yamren or Kamea?

"I'm so sorry, but I'm not really sure if you're Kamea again, or if Yamren decided to take a turn coming," Jay said sheepishly. "I promise, I'll get used to it soon."

Ruby smiled. "Or maybe I could check your vision?"

"No, thank you."

13 Reviews

Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:28 pm
View Likes

ShadowQueen wrote:
ShadowQueen wrote:Of course, the two people were no other than Jay and Ruby. Jay was looking the other way, towards the open landscape, where there was a lonely stone house that was rather small. But Ruby was still facing the path in the woods that had led them here, and so she was the first to see her. "Hello!" she called out to the young woman, a small, sweet smile on her lips. Turning around, Jay saw her too, and he grinned a little, waving in greeting to her.

"I'm so sorry, but I'm not really sure if you're Kamea again, or if Yamren decided to take a turn coming," Jay said sheepishly. "I promise, I'll get used to it soon."

"No, thank you."

The girl smiled. "It's alright. I'm Yamren." She brushed a strand of hair out of her face, a little awkwardly. "Kamea's... busy, so I figured I'd come and say hi."
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

135 Reviews

Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:32 pm
SilverNight says...

ShadowQueen wrote:
ChamomilePendragon wrote:The woman glanced up, a little startled, then smiled slightly and sped up.

"No, thank you."

The girl smiled. "It's alright. I'm Yamren." She brushed a strand of hair out of her face, a little awkwardly. "Kamea's... busy, so I figured I'd come and say hi."

"Busy... That's all right, of course," Jay said, nodding understandingly. "Is everything alright for you three, though?" Something about the say she'd said that had made him a little nervous.

13 Reviews

Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:34 pm
View Likes

ShadowQueen wrote:
ShadowQueen wrote:There was just one thing confusing them: which twin was it? Yamren or Kamea?

"No, thank you."

"Busy... That's all right, of course," Jay said, nodding understandingly. "Is everything alright for you three, though?" Something about the say she'd said that had made him a little nervous.

Yamren nodded quickly. "Y-yeah, everything's fine." She paused for a second. "Yeah. Just fine. Anyway! Are we gonna... get moving?"
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

135 Reviews

Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:42 pm
SilverNight says...

ShadowQueen wrote:
ChamomilePendragon wrote:The girl smiled. "It's alright. I'm Yamren." She brushed a strand of hair out of her face, a little awkwardly. "Kamea's... busy, so I figured I'd come and say hi."

Yamren nodded quickly. "Y-yeah, everything's fine." She paused for a second. "Yeah. Just fine. Anyway! Are we gonna... get moving?"

Ruby and Jay exchanged a glance, and it seemed like they were having a brief, silent conversation for a moment, just between the two of them. Finally, they both nodded slowly, looking back at Yamren. Whether they were convinced or not was unclear from the looks on their faces. "Alright," Ruby said slowly, turning back in the direction of the small stone hut. "Well, I guess we can see her now."

I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings