Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Be Our Guest

[ A Saeverse Roleplay ]

The OOC Thread

When you open your eyes, you are standing before an enormous castle.

It looks like something out of a fairy tale: the long, perfectly trimmed maze, the roses blossoming nearby, and the mist gently rolling across the grounds as the the sun casts its rays on the magnificent castle. Outside of this castle are rolling hills covered by a sprawling forest; this place is the only sign of general civilization. You know that you must head towards the castle if you want answers, but you have no idea what lurks within its walls. The only clue is the ominous claw marks in the mostly pristine bushes. You don't like what that implies, but you gather your courage and head towards the mysterious castle.

But the castle is home to many dangers, and you feel as if you're being watched...

mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Rules

1. Please include a description of your character in your first post - you can throw it into a spoiler using the code down below and put it at the top of your post.

Code: Select all
[spoiler]Put your description here![/spoiler]

2. Feel free to pick characters from whatever you want. They can be from another roleplay, a storybook, a novel or even a fanfiction of yours. The world, time and plot they're from ultimately just impacts how they interact with this roleplay, so it's really up to you.

3. You can have as many characters as you want, but there'll come a point where you can no longer add new ones because it would alter the plot too much. I'll make sure to say something when that happens, so don't worry about it for now.

4. Please don't write for anyone else's characters. It's hard to predict what someone else might have their characters do, and it takes away some of the fun for the other writers.

5. You're free to have your character guess what the plot is, but don't make any plot-altering decisions with talking about with me first. You can PM me or chat in our discussion topic if you have an idea - I love scheming! :) I just want to make sure your schemes can be incorporated into what I'm already scheming.

(It would also be really helpful if you said you were joining over in that thread, rather than in a post here. :))

6. Don't post multiple times in a row, and make sure everyone has a chance to get a response in. There's going to be times where it makes more sense to post back-and-forth between two people, but try avoiding it unless you absolutely have to - it prevents the other writers from getting too behind and feeling like they aren't involved with the story.

7. Have fun!
mage

queer and here.

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:08 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Spoiler! :
I have the perfect eccentric character to recycle for this RP! XD

Name: Frederic Dragonheart
Age: Eh... let's throw him in during his late 40's, early 50's... I'll be more exact later.
Personality: Eccentric, oddity, excited about the little things, faithful servant
Looks: Like this but with a few gray streaks.
Backstory: Faithful servant to one family for fifteen years, resigned because of family drama but came back to visit often. Skilled cook and doorman, can balance a checkbook, and brushes his teeth thrice a day like nobody's watching. A decent dancer.
Weapons: Anything with a handle... primarily his frying pan and baseball bat, which he takes everywhere.
Favorite Attacks: Frying pan to the back of the head; other weapons can replace it, but it just doesn't feel the same if it isn't his frying pan

Name: Sinestra Hopkins-Jones, The Healer, *insert a million others here*
Personality: Bossy, "I know what's best," overly strict.
Looks: This is the closest I could get...
Backstory: She's an old hag. Very, very, very, very old. She's seen and done a lot in her life, some of which has been posted here. Shamelessly advertising.
Weapons: Well, normally, she has nigh on unbeatable magic, but it seems to have disappeared, sending Sinestra into a bit of a frenzy to get it back.
Favorite Attacks: Fireballs and canings.
Extras: Can speak in at least 30 different accents
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:20 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Vankous Eon Frostification aka Doctor Cerebro
Personality: Pretty lazy when its comes to most things. Likes to do things with the least amount of effort so he's magic for like everything ever. Loves discovering things and solving mysteries and that is about the only then that can get him actually active. Does not take situation very seriously unless things go super wrong. Very fond of puns.
Appearence: Around 5 7" or 5 9". Messy black hair that he never bothers to comb so its a permanent rat's nest. Strikingly bright purple eyes. Wears glasses. Is usually wearing a labcoat at all times and is armed with several calculators. Quite thin and skinny. He's weak for his species and said species is weaker than the average human so this dude would struggle to lift 10 pounds.
Backstory: Well basically a nerd since the day he was born. Loves doing all sorts of wacky experiments in his free time. His parents are quite rich and supportive meaning he doesn't really do much else. But at the age of 18 he did sign up to be a superhero because he does still want to use his abilities for good. Training for four years has given him some skills in the battlefield although he prefers not to get physical at all generally preferring ranged attacks or acting as defense through his magic. At this stage in life it will be a month or so before he gets chosen to join The Alpha Pack so he's pretty much a loner with maybe only a couple of friends at most.
Weapons: Mostly his mind and/or magic but otherwise a ZNER Longshot 16 Sniper Rifle.
Favorite Attacks: Not really a fan of attacks. Mostly prefers to keep a defensive shield and let the opponent wear themselves out. If he does end up having to go on the offense he likes turning opponents into pink bunnies or in absolute worst case scenarios taking them out with the rifle. He rarely ever resorts to other offensive magic and even if he does its usually very prank based...he's only ever used actual lethal spells a couple of times when there just was no other option.
Other: He has a tendency to people who annoy him into....you guessed it...pink bunnies.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:43 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Devony Woodhull. Her real name is Nyx, but she despises it, so she changed it herself.
Personality: Quiet, kind, reserved, timid, gentle
Appearence: 5'9 and skinny, but she does have some muscles. She has long, black hair, and soft, round blue eyes.
Backstory: Devony was born into poverty. Her parents track the growth and health of trees, so she spent her whole life climbing them. At this point, she can climb anything. She didn't have many friends at school, and her closest friend died. Sometimes, people even forget she's there because she's so quiet. Devony has a strained relationship with her parents, who can't seem to understand her.
Weapons: Devony prefers knives and a staff, but her stealth is her greatest advantage.
Favorite Attacks: Devony does not provoke attacks unless she has to defend herself, but she is agile and athletic. She is also acrobatic, leaping through the air, jumping on trees and walls.
Other: Devony is a good singer, and she sings at community events.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:51 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I don't think I'll be able to throw up a post before my class, but I do think I can get away with slipping some descriptions in! Here's my two characters:

[Redacted]: The best way to describe him is that he's a mix of a dragon and a human. He's tall, and lean, with noticeable muscles. His eyes are golden, and his teeth are pointed like a shark's. Bright red scales line the side of his face; it almost makes him look like he's wearing some sort of mask. Dark horns jut out of his forehead. His hands have the same color scales on them as his face does, and his fingers are clawed. His hair, which looks like it's on fire, goes down to his knees. He's wearing a light brown tunic, as well as slightly darker pants that are torn midway between his knees and ankles. He's barefoot, and his scale-covered feet have only three clawed toes, not five. He has a long red tail and a pair of gigantic red dragon wings.

Aska: His appearance is pretty simple - all anyone else can see is a silver suit of armor with a royal-looking insignia on the right chest. It's difficult to even see inside of the helmet; the most that can be made out are two eerie pinpricks of gold in the place of regular old eyes.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:48 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Spoiler! :
I do sincerely apologize for Connery in advance. He's...him.

Name: Connery Blight

Species: Human/fae

Appearance: Connery is a wirey, ever-lanky boy with fluffy brown hair that he tries so hard to make behave, but alas! It refuses. His attire is composed entirely of the carefully selected contents of a Shakespearian troop's dressing room, with finely structured layers of beaded silk and a frilly ruff edged in white lace.

Personality: In his words, "A refined, incredible bastion of elegance and wit. Truly, the only true gentleman remaining in his school of foolish, irrational, ever-so-deceivable classmates."

Weapons: The aforementioned wit, and skills he refined upon the stage, which he does command with ever so much grace and presence as the finest actors to ever stand before an audience. He also carries with him a vial of pixy dust, but he doesn't have the firmest of grasps on the concepts of magic (read: he has no idea how to use it).

Other: The undead and the vampiric, the abominations that lurk in the shadows and terrorize the living, looking to take from them their very humanity, oh, they disgust him so.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:43 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Spoiler! :
Alan is a classy sixteen-year-old kid who often tries to look and act older than he really is. He is a sharp guy, frequently engrossing himself in books and seldom ever studies since his classes come easily to him. He also loves classical music and plays the cello. Alan has a soft smile and gentle eyes, and when someone is talking to him, he will always give them his undivided attention to every detail. He's a good listener, friend, and overall person in general. He is an idealist and optimist, always assuming the best in every person and looking at the bright side when things go wrong. His compasson and empathy seems to be neverending, and it's no doubt that he would give up his own life if it meant saving someone else's.

Just... don't touch him.

He hates being touched.

As for appearance (reference pic here), he is fair-skinned with dark hair that is pushed back with light product, frequently going for the "I care about my looks but put minimal effort into this" kind of look. He is a little above average height of boys his age and takes on the slender, slim-fit look. His eyes are a soft brown color and he wears black-rimmed glasses. He is always wearing a long sleeves and pants, even when the weather is warm.

As far as random facts go, he has a crazy fast metabolism and eats a ton of food (think: 4500 calories/day) just to maintain his weight.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:31 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Spoiler! :
(I wanted a not-very-crazy character to ease Mage's mind, hehe)

Tithorea Glaswell, or Rea for short, is a 19 year old lare. (Think of the classic wood elf, but physically weaker.) She has wavy brown hair, an aquiline nose, and sharp cheekbones, and stands little over five feet.
She's the biggest bookworm you'll find. Show her anything with writing and she'll devour it. As a result, she's rather knowledgable, but has zero combat abilities.
Rea is very mild-mannered and absent minded, especially when she's making notes or reading something. It's quite difficult to make her angry, but when she gets mad, imagine an all-out, angry chihuahua.

Rea has an ability called Delving; by transmitting magic through touch, she can know the basic weakness of whatever she touches. So, if she touches a brick wall, she'll be able to tell its weak spots, and what'll work best against it. If it's something she doesn't know, she'll still have a sense of what will work against it. Note that she can't Delve an entire building or something, just around the area that she touches it.
This works to an extent on living things too, but in a slightly different way; when she Delves someone, she'll pick up any injuries/issues in their body. That includes poisons, broken bones, etc.

She's also pansexual.
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:34 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Spoiler! :
Alrighty I'll bring my girl Ari in here =)

Ariana King is sixteen years old, but acts/looks older than she is.

Ari has pink-dyed hair that goes down to her shoulders only. Her eyes are big and brownish-gray. She’s usually dressed in loose clothes. She hates when something is clinging to her - especially if it’s a child. She’s tall and lanky, and has an athlete’s body. She also has glasses!

She’s a calm person a lot of the time but there are moments when she freaks out - which happens at the littlest things, but she’s working on it. Ari is a nature person and enjoys sitting outside under a tree with a mystery novel to keep her company. She doesn’t have any friends (there’s her cat named Queen, if that counts) and is home-schooled, one of the reasons she hates socializing. When with other people, she starts sweating and looks like a train wreck because of how scared she gets when it comes to talking to other people.

Her only weakness is the dark, and her strength is putting together pieces of situations to come to a proper conclusion. She's also very into science.

That's about it! And her sexuality is asexual. But since she barely ever socializes, she's never been involved in a relationship or been interested in anyone.

Ariana was walking down one of the grand halls in the family mansion, going over each of the paintings of the many other owners of this exact mansion - her ancestors. She loved going through her lineage, researching where she was from, etc. She pushed up her glasses and did some neck exercises that her physiotherapist had told her to do everyday.

"Ari!" her brother called out from the kitchen.

"What is it, Jacob?" she called back, sitting on one of the plush couches, her hands in the pocket of her black hoodie. She was wearing her favorite stretchable and cuffed denim jeans underneath. They were so comfortable, she could even go running in them.

Jacob called out from the kitchen again and told her that dinner was almost ready. He had cooked casserole, Ari's favorite. She sniffed at the air and sighed at how lovely the smell was.

She made her way out of the hall, opened the door, and stepped out, closing the door behind her, making sure to turn the lights off or else Mr. King would have been upset with how much electricity was being used. She turned to enter the kitchen, her eyes lowered, but what she looked up and saw where she was, her heart skipped a beat and her mouth went dry.

There was an enormous castle in the distance, and rose bushes covering up most of the scenery. The intoxicating smell of the flowers made her feel light headed. Ari's knees shook. "Jacob -" she called with her hands cupped around her mouth. She looked around, her eyes as wide as a doe's. She looked over at the bushes again and say huge claw marks on them. Her blood went cold.
*insert quirky signature here*

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:39 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Vil wrote:
Spoiler! :
I have the perfect eccentric character to recycle for this RP! XD

Name: Frederic Dragonheart
Age: Eh... let's throw him in during his late 40's, early 50's... I'll be more exact later.
Personality: Eccentric, oddity, excited about the little things, faithful servant
Looks: Like this but with a few gray streaks.
Backstory: Faithful servant to one family for fifteen years, resigned because of family drama but came back to visit often. Skilled cook and doorman, can balance a checkbook, and brushes his teeth thrice a day like nobody's watching. A decent dancer.
Weapons: Anything with a handle... primarily his frying pan and baseball bat, which he takes everywhere.
Favorite Attacks: Frying pan to the back of the head; other weapons can replace it, but it just doesn't feel the same if it isn't his frying pan

Name: Sinestra Hopkins-Jones, The Healer, *insert a million others here*
Personality: Bossy, "I know what's best," overly strict.
Looks: This is the closest I could get...
Backstory: She's an old hag. Very, very, very, very old. She's seen and done a lot in her life, some of which has been posted here. Shamelessly advertising.
Weapons: Well, normally, she has nigh on unbeatable magic, but it seems to have disappeared, sending Sinestra into a bit of a frenzy to get it back.
Favorite Attacks: Fireballs and canings.
Extras: Can speak in at least 30 different accents

Sinestra's eyes flew open as she took in the scent of-- roses.

Not what she had been expecting, really, as she'd just been knocked into an abyss while throwing fireballs by literally a dozen crazy dog-like men.

Oh well. That was normal to her at this point.

She started t move around, leaning on her cane. "This isn't where I mean to come," she muttered. "Unless Lilo is around here somehow... but where am I? Where is he? Why is that man over there holding a frying pan as a-- wait a moment."

The ancient bat squinted here eyes, looking at the ragged old man with curiosity burning in her eyes. He seemed-- familiar. Not Lilo, of course, the man was a Dryad, but familiar nonetheless . There was a way that he held himself-- and his frying pan-- that triggered something in her memory. Decades ago for Meretica but centuries ago for her, she had seen this man and his frying in...

Where had she been? America? Europe? Mars in the 29th century? Belecthoria? Misericord? Some far off universe she had no hope of remembering without her Apprentices? Bah, it didn't matter. It'd come to her event--

The man with the frying an was looking at her now. She couldn't tell if he was fearful, or amazed, or both. Then, he said, "You're dead."

"No, I'm not," Sinestra answered firmly. "I maybe old, but I am not that old. Why, just a few months ago I was a lovely red-haired beauty killing demons in Maplewyvern--"

"Please speak Belecthorian," he begged.

"I am," she answered. "Well, technically, we're speaking English which just happens to be Belecthorian, but that's a technicality. Thoughts?"

"Am I dead?" he whimpered.

"No. I've been dead, and this isn't it."

"Then where are we?"

"Sinestra turned on her heel, looking at the castle in the distance, ignoring the claw marks on the bushes. "Well, I do believe that we are either about to meet a wonderful slew of singing inanimate objects that aren't really inanimate, or we're not in a Disney film after all."

The man merely blinked at her in reply as he stood and tightened his hold on his frying pan. "I was pulling weeds at Whitestar Manor when I suddenly appeared here--"

Sinestra looked at him. "Frederic?"

"Yes?"

"Oh, Frederic! I should have known!"

"...you didn't recognize me?"

"Well, no."

"How many people do you know that use frying pans as-- nevermind. Just don't cane me."
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

4075 Reviews

Reviews: 4075
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:14 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"But Mr. Frostification you can't be going on vacation right now, things don't look to be headed anywhere good," said a man, shaking a tablet in Vankous' face.

"Look, I am going to be useless if I do not get some darn rest man," said Vankous," its been fighting non stop for the past month."

"Well that's been a thing recently," said the man.

"Well I can't do much about it. There are sooo many others that can do exactly the same thing," said Vankous," now if you'll excuse me."

"Sir, please reconsider!"

"I will turn you into a cheeto," he warned.

"What's a cheeto?" asked the man.

"It's a thing from Earth. Don't worry about it. Byee," said Vankous striding out of the office, purple light flaring around him. A metal disc bounced off the light.

"Too slow, Cheeto man," said Vankous," also seriously, a tracker. Did you learn all your skills from a James Bond movie?"

"I don't what that is either sir."

"Pooh," said Vankous, mentally pushing the door closed behind him. He concentrated and seconds later he appeared in his lab in a flash of purple.

He took off his armor and communication equipment and donned his usual clothes, complete with a labcoat. He made sure all three of his calculators were tucked inside. Time to go off the grid. Now do I take a weapon or not...uhh...might as well, you never know what shennanigans can happen even on vacation.

He went back to where he had haphazardly chucked him armor and grabbed the folded ZNER Longshot 16 and tucked it into another pocket in his labcoat. Then after making sure he had his oversized safety goggles strapped to his head for emergencies he gave himself a pat down to ensure he had everything he needed.

Realizing he had forgotten something, he ran to the kitchen to grab a few snacks. As he stuffed the last bag of chips into yet another magically enlarged pocket he suddenly found himself moving. He shook his head trying to spot which dimension he was being yanked through but before he could process it he landed roughly.

"Starviakri," he muttered to stabilize himself before he fell.

He looked around trying to figure out where he was. Bushes. Roses. Is that an actual castle ? And of course there is a moron with a frying pan. Why am I in a freaking Disney film?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The halls to the castle were dark, but Aska could make his way through them without a light. He had been here for so long that he had lost count. However long it had been, it was long enough for him to recognize what time of day it was based off of how much light was flickering through the window down the hallway.

He came to a stop a few feet away, memories flitting in and out of the back of his mind. They were so close that he could almost remember them. He felt like he could reach out a hand and pull them close to his chest.

But when his hand metaphorically reached out, he grasped it around nothing. The memories were gone; the moment was disturbed.

Everything was disturbed.

Aska stiffened, armor clanging together before going eerily still. His golden eyes glowed just a bit brighter. There was something wrong in the castle. Something had changed.

But Tieth wasn't supposed to come for another fortnight, and no one could have-

Mustering up the little courage he had, Aska rushed to the nearest window.

Out past the rosebushes, he saw a group of people suddenly appearing. They were too far away to make out any identifying details, but they were small and standing on two legs. His armor was shaking so badly as he took a step back that it easily echoed through the empty hallway-

He bumped into something warm and solid.

He had been so busy staring that he had somehow missed all the tell-tale noises: the fwish of wings being shaken loose and furled back up, the quiet little thumps of footsteps and a tail as their owner walked down the hallway, and the smells of dirt, fresh air and smoke.

On any other day, Aska would have been scared to find out what he had burned.

But, today, he was too frightened by what he saw outside the window.

"Aska?" said a voice - an enchanted, familiar voice, one that should have sounded terrifying, but felt deceptively comforting despite the appearance of its owner.

Aska, in response, just raised a shaking finger and pointed at the window.

Aska didn't even have to look back to see the reaction.

The sound of a vase hitting the ground and shattering was enough.
mage

queer and here.

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:50 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Devony's stomach was the only thing she could hear as she left school that morning. It was a drab, cloudy Tuesday, much befitting her mood.

She walked down the street, passing locals and Peacekeepers milling around. Some of them waved at her, and she waved back, but she continued walking home.

"Oy, Devony!" a voice cried out. Mrs. Habernathy waved her down. "How was school?"

Mrs. Habernathy ran a cart full of handmade figurines. Sometimes she gave Devony one free of charge.

"It was okay, we got to go into the woods out back and climb the trees in P.E," Devony said, fingering a carved horse.

"I bet you blew the class away," Mrs. Habernathy said. Devony chuckled.

"It was the only time they actually noticed me."

Mrs. Habernathy smiled sadly. "You'll get your moment."

Devony shrugged.

"You look hungry," Mrs. Habernathy added, reaching behind the cart. She took out an apple and gave it to Devony. "It's enough to last you home."

"Thank you," Devony said. Her stomach could be appeased for now. "I'll see you later."

As she walked away, she closed her eyes as she bit into the apple. Its juice flooded her tongue. When she opened her eyes, she dropped the apple.

This wasn't District Seven at all.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:34 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Tithorea sat buried in fluffy fur blankets in her room, unwilling to come out and meet the cold. One hand that felt already half-frozen stuck out of the blankets, holding up a book for her to read. She drank in the words, every sentence forming a crystal-clear image in her mind before being replaced by the next. Really, it was a marvellous book.

I ought to read romance more often, she thought wryly to herself as she turned a page. It had a way of making her heart skip beats.

Another page led her to the climax of the story, and she sat up, blankets falling away. The cold didn't affect her; her face was flushed with excitement as she read. Her eyes scanned the lines with an abnormal fervour, and were suddenly filled with tears of joy.

"That's so sweet!" Rea sighed, turning the last page. At last, the book was done. She was proud of herself; it had been fairly thick, but she had finished it in two days.

Rea shivered slightly, and reached for her blankets.

She grabbed a handful of we leaves.

"Ah!" she cried, darting to her feet. She wasn't in her room anymore!

A castle rose in the distance, and she vaguely thought of the castle from the book she had been reading. Thankfully, she still clutched it, and her little notebook was in her pocket.

Then she realised she didn't have a pen, and frowned. So much for taking notes. I hope the castle has a quill, at least. Messy things, those, but they would have to do.

Without further ado, Rea pulled her coat tightly around herself and began walking towards the castle.
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

When Larry King retires in 120 years John Mulaney should replace him.
— The Internet