Young Writers Society

The Wayfarers

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:07 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir was looking around the room awkwardly, a little annoyed now. He was in pain too, after the whole getting-bodyslammed-by-a-monster thing, and he still had a recent (but healing) bullet wound in his leg.

"Okay, but," Kazimir interjected. "What are we doing here? This must be your dream, now."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:24 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"It is," Maggie said. "Just go away, you people are probably more clever than you let on. Leave the bound of the dream and don't let the rock golem see you or whatever."

At least one of the others had to have done the same as Maggie had in the time they'd been apart.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:54 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hades stared at Maggie.

"Rock golem?" he repeated. "What are you-"

He suddenly remembered how Maggie had slipped off before they had fully engaged with the Fouke Monster. Hades hadn't forgotten Maggie had left the group, but he hadn't considered the implications of them leaving until now.

Maggie had gotten to the edge of the mist.

"...What did you see when you left earlier?" Hades asked.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:24 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Maggie paused. Sighed. "You guys seriously didn't even try to check out that mist stuff while I was here?" They weren't sure exactly how much time had passed, but it had to have been enough for them to realize that the point was for Annabeth to do her thing on her own. Some kind of emotional manipulation thing, probably the fault of that golem. Maggie guessed it was some kind of vampire, feeding off of this illusion.

he/they

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:37 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Elias had braced for the mist, and when he opened his eyes, he blinked several times to see Maggie chipping away at some rock, presumably to make some kind of statue. He stared at it in wonder for a moment, only glancing down at his unfamiliar clothes for a second while Hades and Kaz asked questions, and then gazing over at Annabeth who sat down to rest.

That was right. She had faced her fears and succeeded. Now, it was Maggie's turn... maybe. Elias wasn't sure he fully understood what was going on, but it seemed that Hades and Kaz seemed to have a better grip on reality.

Elias sauntered over to the the seat next to Annabeth, grimacing when he saw that she was still hurt.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly as he sat down next to her. "I don't know what you did... but you did it. You faced the monster."
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:22 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir glanced between Elias and Annabeth, and then Maggie, who seemed like she was trying to stay busy.

"Wait... the mist is still around?" he asked, whipping his head around.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

95 Reviews

Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:53 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"It's at the edges of the illusion. Leave this room, down the hall to the left you'll find it on the stairs. Once it's thick enough that you can't see, keep going a few more steps and you'll come out in the cave. If the golem sees you, the mist will swallow you again and you'll find yourself....somewhere. I ended up here."

he/they

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:39 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Annabeth noticed her new change of clothes when she tugged her sleeves over her hands to put the pillows down. Her outfit was sort of similar to her uniform, but it was more casual and less black. The blood had also dried somewhat, so there was little chance of staining anything. Still, she took throw pillows off.

As Maggie, Hades, and Kaz talked, Elias came over.

"Yes, I'm okay," said Annabeth. "I just need to sit for a moment." She blushed at the mention of what she had done. "I think it was the most unexpected thing a monster hunter had ever done. But, you know, I'm glad the Fouke Monster wasn't seriously hurt or killed. I know that dream or whatever it was isn't real, but I hope it's okay."

She tuned back into the conversation, but she didn't speak. The rock golem might be a problem; so she wanted to save as much strength as she could; but she considered the possibility of leaving and seeing what was beyond the mist.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

147 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:15 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Elias nodded. "I do too," he said softly, patting Annabeth's back for comfort. There wasn't much else to say or do since she seemed to be collecting herself and didn't want support, but he wanted her to know that he was there in case she was hurt or needed anything.

He slid his hand down back to his lap, anxiously bouncing his leg up and down on the ground. He only had a few seconds to glance down at his outfit, not really recognizing the style, but at this point, that was nothing new. As usual, the adult were talking -- and as usual, he didn't understand what they were talking about.

"Uh," he cut in when there was a short lull of silence. "...What's a golem?"
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hades furrowed his brow.

He hadn't heard of rock golems before, either. He assumed it was what was responsible for bringing them here. He also guessed it had something to do with the mist. It was probably made of rock, given the name.

"We were helping Annabeth with the Fouke Monster earlier," he said, glancing at Annabeth before turning back to Maggie. "We didn't have a chance to leave."
mage

queer and here.

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:23 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Feeling her strength returning, Annabeth stood up, pleased to notice that her legs didn't buckle again.

If Maggie didn't want them here, she would respect their wishes.

"The mist brought you here once the golem saw you," Annabeth reiterated. "Did it attack you at all?"
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

95 Reviews

Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:32 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Maggie shook their head. "No, it didn't."

This place wasn't for strangers. They had to get out.

he/they

147 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:09 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Elias scratched the side of his head, trying to understand and keep up. He wasn't sure he was following, but he wanted to help. "So, uh, do we go see the golem thing?"
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

95 Reviews

Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:50 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Just leave the illusion," Maggie said, exasperated.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:56 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hades suddenly had a thought that he knew Maggie wasn't going to be all that fond of.

"...If it brought you here the last time you saw it," he said, "won't it just bring us back here if we go to see it?"
mage

queer and here.

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
— Thomas Edison