Young Writers Society

The Labyrinth

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:22 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James kept watching for movement around them, on edge, and ready to strike should the minotaur show itself.

"I don't know," he said while hurrying behind the others. "But it looks like we're in a maze. One filled with dangers, at that."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:47 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Queenie's hands itched to grasp the familiar grip of her guns, but she resisted. She resisted because Bobby hated guns - hated when she had them, anyway - and because these people, whoever they were, hadn't proven themselves anything but not immediately hostile. That was not a high bar to reach.

Bobby had gone still behind her. At a glance, she could barely see his chest moving.

Panic? She searched his face. No, listening.

She went silent as well and stopped, an action Bobby shortly followed.

"What do you hear?" she asked after a moment of letting him listen.

He hesitated. "I could get a better look at the maze from above," he said instead of answering, but Queenie was already shaking her head.

"You are not scaling those walls."

Bobby bit his lip and looked down. A pang of guilt flickered in Queenie's chest. She snuffed it out.

"There's something big, that way," Bobby pointed, "but there's something smaller the other way, too. I...I don't like either."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:37 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He waited for someone to explain what a minotaur was, but no one surprisingly gave an answer. If Oz hadn't been so worried about getting attacked by said minotaur, he probably would have questioned if they were even from the same world - which was something he had already been considering, in the very back of his mind.

"The Minotaur is a monster," he said, keeping his eye on the maze in front of them. "An enormous half man, half bull. The religi...mythology that he's from had him living in a labyrinth just like this one."

He glanced in the direction of the roaring.

"...And according to that mythology," he added, "he's very hard to kill."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:00 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Well that was just great.

"Okay. Well, maybe he can be reasoned with," James said with a veil of sarcasm. "And if not, then we'll just have to figure it out."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:06 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The sarcasm wasn't lost on Oz, but he was going to do his best to ignore it.

"I don't think he's the chatty type," Oz replied, an almost nervous tone to his voice. He didn't want to come across as afraid - because he wasn't - but it was hard to fight his worry. Olympus knew Mārs didn't like him; he hadn't ever been able to get that god's blessing before. He hadn't ever been able to get any god's blessing, but especially not his.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
— Martin Luther King Jr.