Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Warehouse

A Rebooted Superhero Story

[ A Saeverse Roleplay ]

In the heart of New York City, there is an abandoned warehouse. This warehouse is purportedly just a warehouse that has fallen out of use - there is nothing nefarious or secretive about it. But there must be something special about the warehouse, or you would have never woken up here.

There are others in the warehouse, too, but you're not as concerned about them as you are about yourself. Your outfit has changed. For some, this outfit looks familiar. For others, it's strange and unnatural. Even more disturbing is the feeling that something has changed. Maybe you've lost a power, or maybe you've gained one. There's nothing that can clearly tell you what this power - missing or present - is, but you're certain that the change has occurred.

Those who are from New York Cities akin to this one know very well what has happened. It's impossible to think, but there's just no other explanation: everyone in the warehouse has become a superhero. Their appearances may have remained the same, but they've gained whatever ability makes the superhero their suit belongs to special.

And it looks like they'll have to work together to get to the bottom of this.

Roleplay-Specific Rules

1. Every character is some superhero already in existence, whether they're DC, Marvel, or even from an anime like My Hero Academia.

2. There can only be one of each hero.

3. Claim your hero in a spoiler at the start of your post, or let me know who you want.

4. Don't do anything major that'll alter the plot significantly - like introduce villains or define unique features of the setting - without running them by me first.

5. Anti-heroes can technically count as heroes, but I'd definitely prefer if your character isn't a hero.

6. The hero your character becomes doesn't necessarily have to have superpowers.

7. You'll be able to add more characters into the roleplay later on, so you'll probably want to stick with one or two characters at the moment.

Claimed Heroes

Batman (Magebird)
Robin (Magebird)
Scarlet Witch [MCU] (TheMulticoloredCyr)
Thor (Shadeflame)
Lady Thor (SirenCymbaline)
Gwenpool (Lezuli)
Flash (HarryHardy)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:55 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

General Saeverse RP Rules

1. Please include a description of your character in your first post - you can throw it into a spoiler using the code down below and put it at the top of your post.

Code: Select all
[spoiler]Put your description here![/spoiler]

2. Feel free to pick characters from whatever you want. They can be from another roleplay, a storybook, a novel or even a fanfiction of yours. The world, time and plot they're from ultimately just impacts how they interact with this roleplay, so it's really up to you.

3. You can have as many characters as you want, but there'll come a point where you can no longer add new ones because it would alter the plot too much. I'll make sure to say something when that happens, so don't worry about it for now.

4. Please don't write for anyone else's characters. It's hard to predict what someone else might have their characters do, and it takes away some of the fun for the other writers.

5. You're free to have your character guess what the plot is, but don't make any plot-altering decisions with talking about with me first. You can PM me or chat in the spoilers of our posts if you have an idea - I love scheming! :) I just want to make sure your schemes can be incorporated into what I'm already scheming.

You can also scheme over in our Discussion Topic!

6. Don't post multiple times in a row, and make sure everyone has a chance to get a response in. There's going to be times where it makes more sense to post back-and-forth between two people, but try avoiding it unless you absolutely have to - it prevents the other writers from getting too behind and feeling like they aren't involved with the story.

7. Have fun!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:14 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Hi there! I'm reusing two characters who I haven't used in a long time on YWS, so I'm pretty excited to write them here. <3

The decision to reboot this roleplay was actually inspired by the drawing down below. It's just a rough sketch right now, but I'll update it with the finished product later on so it can be used as reference.

Maahes: He's Batman. The drawing down below has the cowl down, but his cowl is currently up. I'd say his outfit is a mix of the super masculine version of it from recent Batman adaptations and the original Batman suit - basically, it's simple but doesn't look cheesy. Because the cowl is up, all anyone else can really see of his face is its bottom half - so dark skin and a very nice smile. There may also be a few strands of scarlet hair dangling out from underneath the cowl, but you would have to squint to see them.

He's somewhat tall and has dark brown eyes.

Molly: Molly is currently Robin. Her outfit is exactly like the one below. Since the picture isn't in color, I would say she has a red top, green pants, little brown boots and a black cape. She's only seven or eight at most and probably younger, with bright and big brown eyes and brown hair thrown into two little ponytails. She has Maahes's skin tone.

Molly was confused.

It was supposed to be movie night. Mommy had just popped the popcorn. Uncle Odris and Z had just rearranged the furniture so they could all watch TV together. And Sune and Arin had finally decided what movie they both wanted to watch, too! The only thing left was for her to decide how she wanted to lay next to Daddy. Molly wasn't really aware of what the movie actually was - she never was. She was always too busy watching the way the lights and colors shifted on the screen.

But movie night was still one of her favorite nights.

She had been curled up next to Daddy when the world suddenly shifted around her. She felt herself shift, too, even though she hadn't thought about changing her appearance like Sune had been teaching her too. When she finally opened her eyes and the world stopped spinning, she realized she was wearing unfamiliar clothes. They were comfy clothes, and she just had to spin around when she felt the cape up against her back.

Even better, she still had her teddy bear with her. Sam hadn't changed at all; her head was still partially off, and her fur was just as soft as it usually was.

Molly looked around - suddenly feeling very scared and very small. She held Sam up to her chest, peering around at the tall, wooden beams that filled the great big and empty room she was in. The only light that shown in the building was the moonlight coming from the windows that were too high off of the ground for Molly to see out of them.

She wasn't alone. She could hear other people moving around in the darkness, and could see the outlines of them, too. The one that was closest to her - and the one that was the scariest - was really tall. All Molly could see was his eyes and the bottom part of his face. He had a mask that would have looked funny if Molly wasn't alone because it had tall, pointy ears on top of it, and a cape that reminded her of the one she had just been spinning around with.

The man stopped in front of her.

Molly went still, hugging Sam even closer to her chest than before. The man stared at her face for a moment before hesitantly reaching a hand out to lift up the mask that she hadn't realized she was wearing. She wanted to run away - that's what Mommy had been telling her to do around strangers - but she was too scared to.

"Molly?" the man whispered.

The voice registered.

Molly's eyes widened. Before he could say anything else, Molly darted over to him and threw her arms around his neck. Sam was forgotten on the floor; she was too happy to discover she wasn't alone to even notice as he picked the teddy bear up.

He rose to his feet - bringing Molly with him. She wasn't afraid of falling off; he was supporting her even as he kept holding Sam in one hand.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:23 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Spoiler! :
I've decided to use a tragically underused character of mine.

Harper: She's Scarlet Witch from the MCU. Her hair is a pink-to-blue ombre in cotton candy shades that hangs loosely around her shoulders in bleach-damaged waves, and the colors bring out the vibrant green of her eyes. Her skin is mostly pale tan lines from a tank top that are currently covered up by the leather jacket of her new witchy attire. She's short, but her exact age is hard to pin down from her looks.

Harper woke up in a strange place, surrounded by strange people, in an outfit she didn't remember putting on. None of that was really all that weird. What was weird was the fact that there wasn't a single bottle, empty or otherwise, to be seen anywhere in this...was it a warehouse?

Harper frowned and dragged herself to her feet. The leather of this outfit was stiffer than anything she usually wore. Tighter than the leather jackets she'd borrow from the boys sometimes, for sure. The corset was nice, though. Like, really nice. It would be bloody impossible to find something of this quality anywhere in her middle-of-nowhere town of pearl-clutching retirees.

There were other people here, and two of them were dressed as Batman and Robin.

What the heck did I get involved in last night?

And that's when she realized who she was dressed as.

Why couldn't it be Catwoman?

She had nothing against Scarlet Witch, really, but Catwoman had so much more style. Black really was more Harper's color than red.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:19 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Spoiler! :

Asher: He's Thor from the MCU. Asher is handsome, tall, and brown haired. He styles his hair carefully everyday, and is ridiculously proud of it. He has clear sea green eyes and has a long scar running down his forearm. He's 17, pretty tall, and buff. Asher's also very narcissistic and self centered. To put it plainly, he's a jerk.

Ughh
Asher's eyes fluttered open and shut before they focused on his surroundings. Looking down, he could tell that he was lying on a wooden floor, his back pressed against one of the numerous supports in the room. He pushed himself up into a sitting position, and glanced down at himself. There didn't seem to be any sign of injury, but he was wearing some sort of chain mail shirt, with a metal vest over top of it, and leather pants. Not my style at all

He rubbed his forehead, hoping to gleam some information as to how he'd gotten here. The last thing he remembered was... well, he couldn't remember, but he definitely didn't belong here. He remembered his home, his parents. He grabbed the pole beside him and pulled himself to his feet, his legs shaking. This was not where he was supposed to be and he was going to get out of here, no matter the cost. His foot brushed against a large object sitting on the floor, and he angrily kicked it, causing a jolt of pain to shoot up his leg.

He glared at the stupid thing. It seemed to be a large... hammer? He wasn't exactly sure what to call it, but it seemed familiar, like he'd seen it in a dream or something.

Picking up, he threw it as hard as he could. At least there was something in here that he could control The hammer flew to the opposite end of the warehouse, almost hitting a woman in a red jacket who was standing in the way. Asher watched wide eyed as it flew back to his hand, and he opened his fist just in time to catch it, the hammer's handle fitting into his palm like it had been crafted especially for him.
"Oh my god." Asher dropped it in shock. He recognized this now. This was Thor's costume, from a movie that had been made in the distant past. That girl over there was the Red Witch? No, that wasn't her name, but he couldn't remember it right now.

He was Thor? Does this mean I have a cape? He felt behind behind him, and grabbed a handful of red material. Asher gritted his teeth. He may have been forced to wear this ridiculous costume, but he WOULD NOT wear a damn cape. Ripping it off, he leaned against the post, trying to wrap his head around everything.
Last edited by Shadeflame on Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

95 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:42 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper yelped and jumped away when something flew past her in a blur of metal, then arced though the air and flew back around to pass her again. She whirled around and followed it with her eyes to the hand of...damn.

The guy who caught the hammer - and it was a hammer, a perfect replica of Thor's hammer, apparently complete with some nifty tricks - was hot. He even had a scar. Usually, Harper wasn't for the guys in cosplay, but his Thor costume was really working for him.

He ripped off his cape - which must have taken a great deal of force - and leaned against the wall.

She hid a smirk and went over to him, mirroring his aloof energy. "I'm Harper," she said, "Who might you be?"

Spoiler! :
I apologize for Harper. She has bad taste and she has to attempt to badly flirt with everything.

he/they

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:45 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Spoiler! :
By the way I claim Green Arrow from DC. Just wanted to put that out there.
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:16 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Spoiler! :
Adrid is a tall, muscular woman, with dark brown skin, messy black hair, and dark slanted eyes. She's dressed as Lady Thor and holds Stormbreaker.
She's a city gaurd in a fantasy world so she knows nothing about superheroes.

Adrid was on patrol, like any other day. So far, so good.
Then she stepped in a shallow puddle, and felt the world cave in.

She gripped her spear, braced for impact, and fell through the roof of a building, breaking the roof and several wooden crates.

When Adrid came to, covered in dust and splinters, she found she was no longer hugging her spear, but a battleaxe.

"#^%$*€," she groaned. Then she stood up quickly, hoping nobody had seen her hugging the axe.

Nothing was going to make sense today.

But she had a chestplate, and helmet. Very sensible. No sleeve nonsense. Refreshing. And a big, weighty battleaxe. Now that, that was good. She missed her spear, but big weighty battleaxes had an especially solid appeal.

The cape, she could live with.

Yes, if she had to deal with this dream kidnapping nonsense, Adrid felt much better with armour and a big axe.

"Hello, stranger," said Adrid, approaching the similarly caped man and child nearby. She stiffly bowed a simple greeting, hoping that the axe would not throw off the effect.

"Do you know where we stand?"

A stupid question, but in this situation, there were no not stupid questions.

Spoiler! :
to clarify, she's talking to Molly and Maahes
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

41 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:54 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Asher slowly glanced up at the girl, who had made her way over to him. Was she seriously trying to flirt? Normally Asher would be down for that, she looked hot, but now was so not the time. "I'm Asher," he responded. He pushed himself off the post and glanced down at her. "Did you bring me here? You know, you could have just asked me to come nicely."
Last edited by Shadeflame on Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

95 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:21 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She was about to answer 'no' when she actually thought about his question. Did she? Could she do something like that? She'd never tried. Or, she thought she hadn't. Who knew what she could do after a few drinks, honestly. But that would require her to know where she was, right? Most spells required deep familiarities and all that whimsical stuff to pull off.

So...probably not. She probably wasn't responsible for this.

"It wasn't me," she admitted. "But I can't say I'm disappointed with the views here," she added with a wink.

he/they

41 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:14 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Asher nodded distractedly, his mind changing gears now that he knew that this girl hadn't brought him here. This had to be an elaborate hoax, right? He couldn't actually be Thor. The hammer must have just been a simple machine, programmed to do that by itself. But...

The niggling thought that maybe he was Thor caused him to hold out his hand. He couldn't call for the hammer, that would be too easy to rig, but didn't wasn't Thor the god of thunder? How do I do this? How do I summon- wait maybe this isn't the best idea. I am in a wooden warehouse. He sighed and opened his eyes, jumping back in surprise as he saw white sparks jumping from finger to finger and hovering above his palms.

"Oh damn!" He shook his hands furiously, trying to shake out the sparks, but they stubbornly remained. He stared at Harper for a few seconds, and then hid his hands behind his back. If this was a joke, sparks coming from his hands would be pretty hard to rig. He wasn't going to let the girl see how freaked out he was though.

95 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:45 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper jumped back with a few Latin words the local priest would faint at the sound of. Sparks?!

She looked from Asher's hands, to his face, and then his hid his hands form view.

She opened her mouth. Closed it.

Was he...

Did that mean...

Was she...

A grin tugged at the corners of her mouth. Oh, Annie would love that. Nothing was more incredible, or, well, even all that interesting, to that woman than a powerful soul.

Harper looked down at her own hands and tried to recall the last time she'd watched one of the movies with Scarlet Witch. The last time had been with the pretty preacher's daughter on that projector in the barn, but they'd both been a little distracted while it was going on. But if Harper could just recall...

She focused, the same way she would in a ritual, with her soul and not her mind, and moved her hands.

Energy glowed beneath her skin like...well, like what she imagined Annie saw with those blind eyes of hers. Like her soul was shining through the cracks of this too-mortal form, and a smoke-like mist of the same eerie color twisted around her hands.

She barked a laugh of surprise and glee as she raised her arms, keeping an intent in her mind like a tether for this steady flow of unnatural power. It weighed on her arms like she was pushing them through thickened water, and she felt herself lift off the ground. For a moment, she was weightless. Floating in space several feet of the ground - she was even over a head taller than Asher - with a stupid grin on her face.

She abruptly dropped her arms, dropped the spell, and dropped to the ground.

She landed off-balance and just barely managed to keep herself from falling over. She looked up at Asher, "I can't usually do that," she said, bubbly laughter in her throat.

he/they

41 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:27 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Asher grinned. Harper's excitement was contagious, and he looked down in awe at his body, appreciating the armor and the hammer sitting at his feet, like, he thought, a small puppy waiting for its owner to pay attention to it.

He held out his hand, and the hammer shot into his palm. "I can't usually do that either," he told Harper. "I guess I'm a god now." He weighed the hammer in his hand, before throwing it straight up into the air and catching it. "I could get used to this though." I am never going home if it means I lose these powers.

95 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:39 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper giggled and bounced on the balls of her feet. This must be a gift, a surprise from Annie. Someone from her side of the fence had to have set this up. She wasn't sure about the other three - Batman, Robin, and Lady Thor, it looked like they were dressed as - but there was a pretty boy, magical powers, and a big empty warehouse. The only things that were missing were the things Annie never really understood anyway, of course she'd forget them - or whatever friend she got to do this would forget them.

"I guess you are," Harper agreed with him.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

If Maahes wasn't already occupied with holding Molly, he would have pinched himself to make sure that he wasn't dreaming.

Not that he could dream. He wished he could, sometimes, but it certainly wasn't worth the cost. Being able to dream meant that he was human - or wraith, or Goa'uld, or something that was made of flesh and blood instead of essence - and he wasn't sure he ever wanted to be that. Being human was restricting. He hadn't ever wanted to be a human before, but it had happened in situations like this and occasionally during an off-world mission.

He took a deep, nervous breath, and tried not to panic as the air rushed into his lungs.

He wasn't supposed to have lungs. He wasn't supposed to feel so weak and helpless. He wasn't supposed to be worrying how he would protect Molly from the magic the boy dressed like Thor and the girl dressed like Scarlet Witch had.

(Magic wasn't really bad, but neither one of seemed to be all that knowledgeable on their magic - it was like they were using it for the first time.)

And, to top it off, the second Thor - a woman, this time, with an axe instead of the hammer - was asking him a question he honestly didn't know the answer to.

He was definitely on the verge of a panic attack, wasn't he?

"We're in a warehouse," he guessed, glancing around. "I think?"

Molly didn't seem to notice his panic. That was probably a good thing; he knew he had to be acting a little more in control of the situation with her here. She was usually pretty in tune with other people's emotions. The only times when she wasn't was when she was distracted by something else.

In this case, it was the hammer.

She reached a hand out to grab onto it.

"Molly, no," he said.

She leaned her head back and stared up at him, lips in a tight line. She definitely had gotten that one from Z. It looked stern when he did expression, but it just looked cute when Molly did it.

"But I like it, Daddy!" she protested.

"It's not yours," he pointed out. "You have to respect other people's space."

Molly didn't look convinced.

Maahes let out a quiet sigh and looked at the other two. There might have been others in the warehouse; it was hard to tell for sure. All of his senses felt so dull right now.

"Hi," he said, hoping his voice carried over to them. "We should probably group up and introduce ourselves - I've been in situations like this before-"

"I'm Molly!" Molly interrupted. She poked Maahes's cheek. "And that's Daddy!"

Maahes gave her an amused smile before glancing back up.

"I'm Maahes," he corrected.
mage

queer and here.

A wizard is never late. Nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to.
— Gandalf