z

Young Writers Society

The Warehouse: A Rebooted Superhero Story

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:44 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

"My name is Adrid Idazi," said Adrid. A smile missed its cue, but intent had been present.

She looked down at little Molly, and tried to remember when she had last talked to a child.

"You have a good eye for axes, little one. Maybe you will have one when you are older." said Adrid warmly. A smile met its cue.

There. That was good.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:12 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Asher glanced over at the three other people in the warehouse. Batman, a tall lady who was dressed similarly to himself, and a small child he guessed was Robin. Didn't they have babysitters? Why would she be here? No matter, it wasn't any of his business.

He picked his way over the the small group. Asher wasn't exactly sure what he planned to do, but he wanted to get to the bottom of this, and find out how he had gotten these amazing powers. As he reached the cluster of people, Asher stopped a little bit away from them.

"I'm Asher, god of thunder," he said, enjoying his new title.
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:19 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper looked up when Batman - Maahes - called out and introduced himself. Maybe it was just the isolated little town she lived in and the stupid priest who ran every little thing and liked to shout about hellfire and eternal punishment, but that name sounded a lot like the names of creatures Harper could evoke in her wicked spells. A bit like 'Anima Homicidii', fo example.

She chuckled to herself and headed over to Batman and crew after Asher.

"Harper," she chirped.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:39 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

After seeing how Molly's face lit up, Maahes didn't have the heart to tell her that she wouldn't be getting an axe when she was older. Molly with an axe was a very scary thought, and he wasn't even sure what she would use it for.

The other three introduced themselves. He had a sneaking suspicion that Asher wasn't normally the god of thunder, and that the only reason he was calling himself that was because he apparently had Thor's powers. Maahes wished he was in that boat - anything would have been better than being stuck as a human.

"I think someone must have brought us here," he said. Molly gave a big nod in agreement, even though he was pretty sure Molly had absolutely no idea what was going on. "I don't know why, but I've taken to strange places and...changed before."

He didn't elaborate on how he had been changed. He hoped they just thought he was talking about the suit.

Speaking of which, he really needed to get the cowl off.

Carefully balancing Molly in his arms, he removed the cowl to the Batman suit and tried his best to straighten out his scarlet hair. It was down, for once. He wanted to put it up, but he didn't have a hairband and didn't know how he was going to do it with Molly in his arms.

"We either need to figure out why we're here on our own," he said, "or the person responsible for this will show up."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

41 Reviews

Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:31 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

Asher grinned smugly. "They must have been complete idiots if they gave me this power. Now I'm unstoppable," he boasted. "But maybe we should go find them. I can't do much in this stupid warehouse, and I can't wait to be able to fly.

That was right! He could FLY. HE COULD FLY!

"I can fly," he whispered softly to himself, still trying to wrap his head around the fact. For some reason, this was the hardest thing to understand, how he was now able to fly. or he hoped he would be able to. How did Thor do it again?
English isn't a language, it's three languages stacked up on top of each other wearing a trenchcoat.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:09 pm
View Likes
Lezuli says...

Spoiler! :
I'm going to use Gwenpool from Marvel Comics(if you don't know who she is, google it), but she doesn't have any powers aside from a large assortment of guns and swords. Anyway, my character's name is Olivia, Ollie for short. She is a monster hunter with familiars from an urban fantasy world, so she won't know a lot about heroes(but she'll know some). Long, uneven strawberry blonde hair, heterochromia eyes(one blue, one green) pale tan skin, freckles. She's sixteen.
Sorry for the late post, I hope I can still participate.

Ollie was lurking.
Yes, not the most moral or normal thing to be doing. But she was under considerable stress and had no other option. She was crouched in the rafters of a large wooden warehouse, wearing a strange pink and white outfit, her familiars and Duncan no where in sight, mysterious figures with magic down below, and no freaking clue as to how she ended up in her current predicament.
Yes, she thought. This definitely sucks.
Ollie typically considered herself as someone who was hard to rattle, but this? This was pushing it. She sighed and shifted back from her position on the rafters. Luckily enough for her, none of the strangely dressed figures down below seemed to have noticed her yet, she counted that as a small blessing. She shut her eyes and tried for what seemed to be the billionth(but was probably only the tenth) time to get in touch with one of her familiars through mind-speak.
Splinter? Nixie? Can you hear me? She tried. And, as it had happened the other times, nothing. Radio silence with only her own thoughts for company.
Her powers were gone. She was trapped with Magi with not a shred of her usual considerably impressive abilities. She would only have her combat experience to get her out of this, but she didn't even have her whip sword on her. Only two katanas that she had only the vaguest of ideas of how to use and a variety of guns she had never bothered to learn how to use.
"Great," Ollie muttered under her breath. "This can't possibly get any worse." Ollie was big on staying positive, but she had to give into her negative feelings sometimes. This was more than definitely one of those times.
She tried to shift back to watch the people below, when her foot, clad in an unfamiliarity clunky boot, slipped. Her entire body weight was thrown off and she flailed to no avail.
In slow motion, Ollie watched with detached horror as she fell off of the beam, straight down into the mass of people below her.
Couldn't get any worse? Boy, was she wrong.

95 Reviews

Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:17 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper gave a shout of surprise as a pink-and-white blur dropped from the heavens and slammed into the ground before her. The blur, it appeared, was human-shaped. And dazed, understandably.

"Hi," Harper chirped once she'd gotten over her shock, "I like your swords." She couldn't help her eyes flicking briefly over her. She wondered if the girl knew how to use those guns. She wondered if she was being a creep by noticing how tight that costume was.

She wondered why she was blushing.

he/they

58 Reviews

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:09 pm
View Likes
Lezuli says...

"I like your swords." the girl who said that was the first of the (understandably) shocked group that Ollie had fallen in the middle of.
The girl in the strange red outfit with the cool hair looked friendly enough so Ollie decided replying wouldn't be the worst thing she could do today. Granted, falling off a pole was one of the worst, but still.
"Thanks," Ollie grunted, her bruised ribs complaining from the movement. Dang, getting the wind knocked out of you sucked. "I like your hair."
Ollie decided moving was way off her list of possible things to do so after appraising the other people around her and deciding that none of them looked like they would suck her blood and/or soul she opened her mouth to speak again.
"If none of you are planning on killing me anytime soon, I'm just going to lie here for a while. Thanks."

95 Reviews

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:37 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Harper giggled and dropped down to sit cross-legged beside the new girl. "Most of us are plenty friendly," she stated, adjusting the collar of her jacket. In the process, she felt a thin chain looped around her neck, hidden by the coat. Curiously, she tugged it into the open, pulling the pendant from where it'd been tucked in her corset.

The pendant was a simple oval of silver - real silver, any real witch would know the difference - with a strange, occult-looking symbol etched onto it in black.

She'd almost forgotten about the thing. At least she'd remembered to keep that on whenever she'd changed into this thing. Or when 'someone' brought her here. Bunch conspiracy theorists, she was with. It was doubtful the effects of whatever they'd been on the night before had fully worn off yet.

he/they

41 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:02 pm
View Likes
Shadeflame says...

"Speak for yourself," Asher told Harper. He turned to the girl with the swords. "Did you bring us here?" he asked, pointing the hammer at her. It didn't seem likely, but appearances could be easily manipulated. Also she had dropped in right after the old man had said all that boring stuff about the person bringing them here. It would be a good time to make a dramatic entrance, although Asher would have done his with more style.

"I'm the God of Thunder," he added. "Who are you?"

58 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:09 pm
View Likes
Lezuli says...

Ollie cracked open one eye and squinted up at the boy pointing his hammer at her. Great, couldn't a girl rest her bruised ribs in peace? This day just kept getting better and better.
"My name's Ollie and you're not the god of thunder," she pointed out. "You're a boy in chain mail with some electric powers and a hammer."
Was ticking off this guy the wisest thing she could be doing with her powers on the fritz? Answer: No. Did she really care, though? Also no. He was a jerk. Ollie did not approve of jerks.
"Also," Ollie drawled, trying to suppress winces of pain. "If I brought us all here would I have turned off my powers and almost broken my spine falling off of that rafter?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Hey guys! I definitely plan on writing a post for this soon, but I wanted to ask if you'd be okay with waiting another day or two for @Lia5Giba to get her first post in before we continue posting in this roleplay - I want to start up the Plotâ„¢ soon, but we need all of the characters present before I can.
mage

queer and here.

4095 Reviews

Reviews: 4095
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:03 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Spoiler! :
I really hope I am not too late since it appears the plot hasn't been formed just yet. I took some time to decide whether I wanted to join because....well...(6 SB's plus 3 Novels) but then @Shadeflame (more like Asher) convinced me to join so....here I come.

I'm using The Flash (but he's female for this one).

My character is called Cassandra and she's 17. She's about 5 4", shoulder length red hair and very pale skin. She's got blue eyes and she wears glasses. She's a bit of a super nerd that keeps to herself most of the time. Her best friend is her graphing calculator. She calls her calculator Gita.

Cassandra was confused. She was lying in the floor in some strange building that appeared to be some kind of warehouse. They were all sorts of strangely dressed people. Did I get kidnapped by a cult that raided a comic book store? What on Earth is going on?

She looked around, her eyes analyzing everything in the room while her brain checked for any damage to her body. Immediately she noticed she was wearing something rather tight. What on Earth am I wearing? Why does this have no pockets? Where is my calculator? Oh. My. God. What happened to Gita? Oh No. Her already pale face was going completely white in fear.

She staggered to her feet, the suit stretching awkwardly and making it hard to stand up. She could barely see out of her mask. Her hair had also been awkwardly stuffed into it making it uncomfortable. Damn this mask. This has to come off. She peeled it back, letting her hair fall out.

She took a look at her chest and saw a familiar lightning bolt. Wait a minute. They dressed me up as The Flash?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:26 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
You can definitely join, @HarryHardy! Like you said, the plot hasn't started yet - so it's the perfect time to slip a new character in. And roleplays are pretty lowkey, so hopefully you won't be overwhelmed with all of your writing!

Also, since we have a total of eight characters in this right now, I think I'll close this roleplay to new participants - especially since we'll be adding more characters later in the story.

As a little final note: I mentioned this over in the rules, but there's a Discord server I use for all of my roleplays and storybooks. You don't have to join it if you don't want to or don't have Discord, but it's a fun place to chat & plan if you do have it!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Hi again!

@Lia5Giba is dropping out of this roleplay, so we can start posting again. @SirenCymbaline's already said that she'd like to get a post up so Adrid doesn't fall behind - I feel the same way about Maahes and Molly. So please wait for both of us to post before posting anything else here! Once we get a few more posts in, I'll throw in some fun plot-related stuff.

Also, before I start writing my post: @Lezuli posted on her wall on Sunday that she'll be gone/offline for about a week, so please don't post too much in here before then. We don't want her to fall behind. :)
mage

queer and here.

Stupid risks make life worth living.
— Homer Simpson