Young Writers Society

Cold Oak

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:53 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I've hunted vampires," she said, ignoring the snicker. "Werewolves. Ghosts. If it exists, chances are that I've encountered it."

Her smile grew.

"I've been at this for awhile," she added. "And you could probably call it a family business."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:15 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir felt like he was already growing bored of her stereotypical list of supernatural beings. They already ran into ghosts, and a demon, apparently, and those were very underwhelming.

Which, he was grateful for though. Because there were kids present.

"Okay, so, you've got experience with this stuff. Any idea what kind of supernatural beings or whatever might've brought us here, then?"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:31 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Jo mulled it over.

She had been questioning the reason that they had been brought here since she first found herself in this town, but she hadn't gotten all that far once this group showed up. Now she could finally consider what was responsible.

...And she wasn't sure how much she liked the thought of that.

"A vortex," she suggested. "A magical vortex. It naturally draws in demons and ghosts, but occasionally brings along a slew of neither at a random, specific point in time so said demons and ghosts don't get bored. Don't ask me the specifics of how it works - I'm not entirely sure. But if there's ghosts and demons running around, chances are that would be the cause."

She paused.

"...The only way to get out of this place would be to destroy the vortex," Jo added. "Destroying it would send everyone back to where they were supposed to be, and probably free the ghosts from whatever connection they have to this place."

She glanced around the church.

"But actually finding the vortex won't be easy," she added.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:51 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

So... salt and hold water wasn't going to help them get home. It was just to ward off whatever weird creatures this vortex had brought along with them. Kazimir felt like most of this was going over his head.

He squinted at her, and tilted his head to the side.

"Okay. Uh. Two questions: how do you destroy a vortex, and does that mean we just need to search the whole town? How big is vortex?"

Wait, that was three. Oh well.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
— Mark Twain