453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Mon May 04, 2020 9:42 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

A Beauty & the Beast Roleplay

---

You’ve suddenly landed in a clearing in a forest. You have no clue where you are and how you got there. It’s dark, it’s chilly, and you’re unarmed.

Suddenly, you hear something. It sounds like wolves in the distance. And then you hear a very masculine scream and a neigh. You get startled, and fall on some twigs, breaking them in the process and making noise loud enough that attracted a pack of wolves.

You have to find a way to get out of here. And quick.

Last edited by Lib on Tue May 05, 2020 7:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
*insert quirky signature here*

453 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 04, 2020 9:42 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Rules

1) Please include a description of your character in the beginning of your first post.
Code: Select all
[spoiler]Post description here.[/spoiler]

2) Feel free to pick characters from whatever you want. They can be from another roleplay, a storybook, a novel or even a fanfiction of yours. Also, if you want, you can have more than one character, but please not more than three.

Speaking of characters, this is a fantastical roleplay, so if you have a character with magic, you can definitely use them.

3) Try not to make any plot-altering changes without talking about it with me first. Your character is free to guess what the plot is, though!

4) Please don’t write for anyone else’s characters! It can take away the fun from other writers and it’s also hard to predict how someone else’s character would react to a specific situation.

5) Most importantly, have fun and be kind. 💕

453 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 04, 2020 10:43 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Spoiler! :
Olivia Flynn: Goes by her nickname, Livvie. She's got chocolate brown eyes and silky black hair that goes down her back - it's always in a braid. She's short than most people who are 18 and a tad chubbier as well. And she's got glasses. Right now, Livvie is dressed in a gray t-shirt and loose black pajamas. She has magic and it's anything related to water.

Livvie had just crawled into her bed, ready to sleep, when she entered this forest. She swore she hadn't even been slightly sleepy - so this most definitely was not a dream. The woman pinched herself to double check. Wide awake. She looked around the clearing she was standing in. It was very quiet. The full moon was bright - because of it, Livvie could sort of see what was around her.

"Hello?" she called.

It was replied by howls. Livvie scrunched up her nose. "What in the..."

And then there was a manly scream. Her eyes widened to the size of saucers and her legs shook in fear. She stumbled back a bit, tripped on a rock and fell on her rear end. There were twigs underneath her and they had cracked. The noise sounded deafening in the silence.

Livvie held her breath.

She felt eyes on her and she wasn't okay with it. She got up, turned around, squinting into the darkness around the trees. "Show yourself!" she called out. And again, instead of being replied by a human, she was replied by more howls - and it sounded much closer. Maybe a bit too close...

Wolves.

Now Livvie really wished she had took those free archery lessons. But even if she had, she could do nothing. She racked her brain for escape idea as the wolves neared her, slowly but surely.

"Deep breaths, deep breaths, deepbreathdeepbreathsdeep -"

"Oh!" she shouted. The pack paused for a second because of the sudden noise, but continued towards her.

Of course, magic! She completely forgot about the magic in her. She thrust her hand in the direction of the wolf that was nearest to her. It growled in anger. Nothing had happened. "Work, magic, work you idiot," she muttered.

Livvie thrust her hand out at another wolf and water spurted out. She bit her lip nervously and straightened her glasses. The wolf snarled. She did it again, and hot water spurted out. The wolf, now drenched, ran away, whimpering.

"Ready for a water fight?" she asked the wolves mischievously. They all sneered back at her.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue May 05, 2020 1:49 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Spoiler! :
Jay isn't a very tall man. He's 5ft 3' and fit, but slim. Stronger than he looks. He’s 29. He has deep dark skin and short dreadlocks. He wears loose-fitting clothes that drape over his frame and walks around barefoot, so the calluses on his feet are thick. The best drawing I have of him is below if you're more visual! He's on the far right!

Jay is also a werewolf! In his wolf form, he's a big, dark brown wolf with yellow eyes. That's the form he's in currently ;)

Jay had just curled up to rest on the cool forest floor when the grassy undergrowth turned to snow. His eyes shot open, yellow and bright in the cold, dark forest. There was no way that he'd fallen asleep and awoken to snow when he'd only just closed his eyes. He'd been brought somewhere new, and it did not smell like home.

He sprung up to his feet when he heard the howls, head high and ears perked up. A pack of wolves was nearby, closing in around its prey. There was the shout of a human, the neigh of a horse, and then the echoing "Show yourself!" of a young girl. The girl sounded closer than the man, and she definitely sounded human.

He huffed, and he could see his breath in a small cloud around his nose.

Maybe this was a dream. He wanted it to be. But it didn't really matter if it was or wasn't - he started running towards the sound of the girl, coming up behind a pack of wolves closing in around her. He knew on instinct that they weren't like him. They were only wolves, not people, but he still knew how they spoke, just as he did, with their haunches high and their fangs bared.

They were getting ready to go in for the kill, and the moment he skidded up behind them, he knew they sensed his presence - foreign, unwelcome, and not a part of the family unit that was their pack. Even though he looked like one of them, he was not.

With a low growl he rushed ahead towards the girl as another wolf charged and intercepted - biting into the wolf's neck and tackling it to the ground.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Tue May 05, 2020 2:19 pm
View Likes
mythh says...

Spoiler! :

Name: Jack Red (Goes by Red, and doesn't like being called Jack for reasons unknown)
Description: Red streaks in the front portion of his hair. His hair's rough-ish and doesn't bounce or anything. Just protrudes forward and falls between his eyes and reaches down to the starting of his nose. He has gray orange-ish eyes. He has a red and black sword sheathed and placed at the side of his tunic. He wears an orange cloak that covers much of his night-black armour. He uses fire magic. He can create and manipulate fire to do anything. His sword skills are pretty good. He's very fast.

Before the rest of the wolves could do anything, something dashed across, and before anything could be comprehended of the scene, the rest of the wolves were all dead on the ground.

Red walked up to them and spoke.

"That was close. What are you doing out in the wilds if you can't protect yourselves from a pack of wolves?"

Red seemed serious. He wasn't mocking or joking about the situation. He sheathed the sword in his hand, his orange eyes glowing bright.
The name's Myth.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue May 05, 2020 3:46 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Hi! I mentioned this over on @Liberty's wall, but I'm planning on joining this roleplay. I'm just having a little trouble picking who I want to write. I'll join as soon as I pick someone. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 05, 2020 7:24 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Spoiler! :
Sounds good, @magebird!

A wolf had attacked a wolf and the rest of the wolves had been killed and a person with a sword was walking up to her. What was going on? Livvie gulped and bit her bottom lip again but this time to keep herself from screaming.

She took a step back from the brown wolf. Then her eyes landed on the blood all around her. Her eyes widened again in horror.

Her stomach lurched. This was why she had said she'd never be a surgeon. Too much blood. She gagged. And she also hadn't yet digested dinner.

Dashing towards a nearby tree, she vomited. When it had all left her system, she wet her hand with water (she used her magic) and wiped her face. She let out a breath and looked away from the dead wolves. Then she noticed the brown wolf and man with the sword looking at her.

She put her hand behind her back and spurted more water out of it, washing away her vomit. At times like this, she wished she was the one with the power to be invisible, and not her sister.

127 Reviews

Wed May 06, 2020 3:58 am
View Likes
mythh says...

"Are you alright? I'm sorry if I upset you but that really was a little careless."

Red looked concerned.
The name's Myth.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu May 07, 2020 5:46 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Jay had froze, skidding to a stop as a man came through, leaving all of the wolves but himself slain. As the girl ran off to vomit, Jay was seeing red, quite literally, as he stared at all of the fallen wolves around them in the snow.

Sure, he'd run into the fight, but he hadn't planned on killing all of the wolves. Just causing a distraction enough so the girl could run away.

And why hadn't the man killed him? How did he know he wasn't just another wolf, even if he wasn't part of the pack?

He started to back away slowly. He didn't want to reveal himself as a werewolf. They had to keep believing he was just another wolf, if good-natured, which meant he couldn't talk, as much as he wanted to.

Careless? The girl was being careless? The man had caused a wolven blood-bath. Jay's blood was still running cold at the thought. He could've easily been lumped together with the other wolves if he'd shown any sign of aggression towards the girl the man had jumped in to defend.

His ears pinned back against his head and his tail lucked at a sharp angle between his legs, and he growled lowly.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

127 Reviews

Thu May 07, 2020 3:45 pm
View Likes
mythh says...

"Don't think you can fool me. Werewolf! A fool can tell the difference. I've been in the forest enough to tell things apart. If they were your friends, I didn't mean to kill them. They had the intention to kill. And, if they were indeed your friends, I'm not sure if you're not just another threat."

He seemed irritated. He drew his sword, and stood in front of the girl (Livvie). "What do you want?"
The name's Myth.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 07, 2020 4:05 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I think I finally settled on who I'm going to throw into this! I have class in a few minutes, so I'll write up my first post afterwards. :)

Edit: Would it be okay if I threw a second character in later? I feel like one of the characters I wanted to use in this would work great on her own at the start, but I really love writing the two of them as a duo.
mage

queer and here.

Reviews: 0
Thu May 07, 2020 4:12 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Spoiler! :
Just wanted to make sure it's okay for me to join before i do a post of any sort :)
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 07, 2020 4:20 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Juniper Quinn: She looks to be somewhere in her teens. Her long, auburn hair is currently thrown up in a low ponytail and she has bright green eyes. She's currently wearing a graphic t-shirt (for Five Nights at Freddy's), faded/ripped denim jeans and old sneakers. She's also wearing half of a best friend necklace; she has the half that says "best" on it.

Today was going to be a good day.

It was the first weekend in a long time where Juniper didn't have any homework. She had spent the majority of the day reading web comics, but Lorcan and her had been planning to hang out all week. So she had slipped out of her pajamas and into something a little more comfortable, grabbed an apple from the fridge, and slipped out the front door.

She got one step into the walk to Charlotte's house before disaster struck.

One moment, she was heading down her driveway. The next, she was in some really creepy forest. She hadn't even seen a rift open up! And considering that her brother was off doing things with the GSA, it couldn't have been his fault.

Juniper heard the wolves. She heard the fighting, too. She was just too far away to do anything. The smart part of her was telling her to run away, seeing that she barely knew how to use her brother's magic yet. The dumber part - the part that won out - told her to check the source of the noises out.

So she did.

She arrived at the group just in time to hear the apparent wolf-killer threaten the apparent werewolf. Juniper was still trying to wrap her head around what had just happened, but she was more alarmed by the amount of dead wolves than anything else.

She stepped out of her temporary hiding spot behind a nearby tree, arms crossed as she took a protective step towards the werewolf.

The urge to use magic danced at her fingertips. She took a deep breath, tried to remember what her brother had shown her, and made the magic become tangible - wild, unconstrained darkness coated her fists.

"Leave them alone," Juniper said, holding one hand out in front of the werewolf and the other in front of her chest like she was ready to fight.

(Even though she definitely wasn't.)
mage

queer and here.

127 Reviews

Thu May 07, 2020 6:37 pm
View Likes
mythh says...

"I don't think you understand what's happening."

Red said, quite confused.
The name's Myth.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 07, 2020 6:51 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Spoiler! :
@magebird - you can definitely bring in a second character!
@SebiGhoul - you're welcome to join! It's not too late. :)

Livvie looked at the man, her brows furrowed. She took a step back and looked at the newcomer. The girl had auburn hair. Livvie had always wanted auburn hair. But she was stuck with chocolate brown. Anyways.

She completely tuned out the others - werewolf, strange man, teen girl - and started thinking. First of all, she knew magic existed, and all these people, including her had been transported to a strange place. That made sense. But -

There was another manly scream. It sounded the same as before. And then the neigh again. Livvie's heartbeat quickened. "How about we stop arguing. I think whoever is in trouble needs help. Um." She looked at the werewolf. "If you can understand me, Mr. Werewolf, please do come along," she said.

Her cheeks burned even though the night air was chilly. Public talking was never her forte. It was impossible to do it without her cheeks burning or her stomach churning.

Without waiting for a reply, she ran to where the yell had come from.

You have light and peace inside you. If you let it out, you can change the world around you.
— Uncle Iroh, Avatar the Last Airbender