z

Young Writers Society

The Serpent & the Crow

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Wed May 06, 2020 6:22 pm
Ljungtroll says...

(@Featherstone?)
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

112 Reviews

Thu May 14, 2020 2:50 am
Ljungtroll says...

(Yoo-hoo!)
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu May 14, 2020 3:13 am
Featherstone says...

((I'll pick this back up more solidly after finals! Just a couple more weeks ^^))
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

112 Reviews

Thu May 14, 2020 3:15 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Alrighty! Good luck!)

she/her

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:53 pm
Featherstone says...

"No, sir. Never had much of a reason to." What with being, well, not a noble or guardsmen. The somewhat snide remark never left his mouth, although it persisted rather strongly in his mind as he mirrored Regulus' movements, not wanting to let him get at his back.

he/him/his

112 Reviews

Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:02 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"Whyever not? It's a common and useful skill." He tried to knock Cornyx off his feet with his sword, darting for his ankles. "And easy to learn, with practice."

she/her

112 Reviews

Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:20 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

*boops gently*

she/her

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:44 pm
Featherstone says...

In spite of his lack of skill, Cornyx had a singular advantage: even without his true form on the surface, he was fast. It was a necessary adaptation for a flighted predator, of course, and now his body left air where his legs had once been, leaving Regulus' blade to meet the winter breeze instead of flesh.

"I can't say I-I-I've known all that many people skilled in swordplay, my Lord, n-nor was fighting any particular intention of mine," he answered. Easy or not, it was impossible to learn without a sword and someone to teach you--and he doubted that commoners here were passed blades and told to have at it unless they were soldiers, either.

he/him/his

112 Reviews

Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:26 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Regulus turned to slash at him again, making a jab at Cornyx's right side. "I find that hard to believe. There are sword masters everywhere." His breath was coming in short, quick puffs as he moved, but he showed no signs of tiring. It was obvious he'd been training in this skill for most of his life.

she/her

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest