z

Young Writers Society

OP Battleground RP

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:31 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

All right. This is the RP where you have powerful characters and they're stuck in a labyrinth filled with booby-traps and arenas. If you wander into an arena, you must pick another character and fight them. The goal is to get to the prize in the middle, which is a bag of Oreos. Does your character plan to share it, or keep it for themselves? Does your character want to make an alliance with another character to get the Oreos and split it, or do they want to go solo? You decide.

Also, the characters can't escape, by the way. And they can't be so strong that the Avengers wouldn't be able to beat them. Also, if and when some characters fight, both people discuss and decide on who would win beforehand, and then you can have fun writing either winning or losing, just make sure it's long and epic; a close battle. That way there will be less arguments, hopefully. And remember; the goal for you isn't specifically to make your character win, but to have fun. If your character loses a fight, they get to set up booby-traps for the other characters and make bets as to who will win with other people who lost, so it's not like you're kicked out of the RP.

Any questions?

Here's the character template:
Name:
Looks:
Species & description of species: (optional)
personality:
Powers/abilities/skills:
Other:

And yes. You are allowed to decimate areas with your powers and show off. :D
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:50 pm
mythh says...

(ok lemme throw my character in.)
The name's Myth.

114 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:51 pm
Necromancer14 says...

(Okay, cool! I still need to get my character in too.)
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

127 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:02 pm
View Likes
mythh says...

Here you go.

Spoiler! :

Name: Jack frost lll
Looks:green and black hair. Green eyes. Wears an outfit similar to the one worn by Neo from the Matrix.

Species & description of species: Meta sapiens. Mutated homo sapiens. Have 3 unique special abilities that grow from their imagination around the age of 4.

personality: cares about life. Loves his wife. **** with him and you die.

Powers/abilities/skills: Can move at extraordinary speeds. Can create anything he imagines. Third ability is unknown.

Other: Can be deadly if at a higher ground in a duel. He doesn't like heat. Atmospheric heat above say, 60 degree celsius makes him less alert and easier to predict.
Last edited by mythh on Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The name's Myth.

114 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:48 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

(Um, maybe I should've been more specific, but remember, the person isn't allowed to be stronger than the avengers @Gravitem. Create anything you can imagine? Never loses a one-on-one? That's kinda powerful. The speed thing is fine though, just downplay the imagination thing or something. Don't downplay it too much, it is op after all. However, this is may supposed to be OP, but not invincible.)

127 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:07 pm
mythh says...

(ok I editted it and gave him a weakness.)
The name's Myth.

114 Reviews

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:40 am
Necromancer14 says...

(Okay, yeah, that's better @Gravitem. Anyway, here's my character:)

Spoiler! :
Name: Vixen Supernova

Looks: She wears a pink shirt that says "Pink" on it and she has blonde hair. Her eyes constantly change colors, but in such a way that you don't notice it. She's also extremely beautiful. She has a massive sledgehammer, and I mean massive. Like, bigger than a house. (However she's as big as a normal human.) It's all black but has silver spikes around the rim on both sides. It also has a skull painted on it. She lovingly nicknames it "Hammer of Devastation."

Species & description of species: She's unique. There isn't anybody else like her.

personality: Her favorite past-time is making men fall in love with her so that she can either enslave them or have fun breaking their heart. She's also a born tyrant, and her goal in life is to conquer the universe and rule with an iron fist, being needlessly cruel because rebellions are fun to beat up.

Powers/abilities/skills: She is incredibly durable and you won't hurt her in a hurry. Her sledgehammer isn't only big, but it's also powerful, being able to release shock-waves of energy in intense amounts, causing earthquakes from around magnitude 8.6 to magnitude 8.9 (that's a lot of energy by the way. And this is besides the energy released from smashing something with something so big and heavy.) She can also fly and, though her hammer is stronger obviously, her punch is quite powerful too, as she is incredibly strong. (She has to be able to lift the hammer of course. Actually, the hammer feels about as light to her as a normal hammer, like the ones meant for nails, would be for you.) Also, she's telekinetic. And, last of all, she can summon around 1 small golem, made out of the materials around her, every ten seconds. or a bigger golem, taking more time.

Other: Believe it or not, this is an extremely downplayed version of her. She used to be able to break reality and destroy an entire planet with one hit of her hammer. And if the deathstar shot her, she wouldn't even notice. And if she did, she could destroy it almost effortlessly. She could also summon millions of golems under her command every second and spawn them wherever she wanted.
Last edited by Necromancer14 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:02 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Heyo! Let's give this a shot. If I'm too OP, let me know.

Spoiler! :
Name: Isabella "Isa" Jennifer Harlem
Appearance: Bright blue eyes that sparkle when wet, dark hair with highlights, about 5'9'', tan skin color, gap between her two front teeth, is lean with some muscle. Usually wears an exercise shirt with leggings and sneakers, usually in cool colors (so purple/blue/green), has puncture scars all over her body, even her face, which is otherwise flawless. When powered up, her eyes glow an even brighter blue, and sometimes her hair can whip around wildly.
Species: A human with extremely rare DNA. Her powers are from her genes. As far as she knows, no one else has this power.
Personality: Before she realized she had powers, she was kind of a goody two-shoes. She strived to do the best she could in the workplace, and before that in school and in sports. She also was extremely nice, and kind, and helped out others whenever she could. This led people to take advantage of her a lot, and she didn't stand up for herself. This led to a lot of resentment and self-hate for Isa. After she developed her powers, Isa was scared of what she could do and who she could hurt. She wanted to get rid of them. But after a while, once she realized how she'd been treated her whole life and that she could finally fight back, she embraced her powers more and started fully exploiting them. She is now kind of selfish and will do a heck of a lot to survive. She doesn't like losing, and she still wants to be the best. She cares about her family, and when she is with them her softer, previous side shows. But without them, she can be brutal. She can enjoy hurting people that have hurt her before, like when they took advantage of her. She wants to show the world that she's not a doormat anymore.
Powers: Can project her consciousness into other people, effectively taking over their bodies. Once she is inside of someone, she can summon spikes as hard as diamonds from that person's body and shoot them out of their skin, like Wolverine claws but all over the body. This can hurt the person Isa is possessing immensely, but it doesn't hurt Isa one bit. She can use these spikes to her will, zooming her consciousness in and out of people. When she leaves a host, the spikes that she's summoned disappear. However, the wounds in the skin from the spikes remain. Isa can also do all of the above to her own body, only feeling the pain when she stops using her power. The spikes Isa can summon are extremely hard and tough, and they can stretch up to a thirty feet in length. The most Isa has ever summoned from anyone at one time is fifteen spikes. When Isa projects her consciousness, her body hovers in the air, inactive. This is a definite weakness, but usually Isa protects herself by using her host's spikes. After consulting multiple doctors, if Isa continues using her ability so much, her body will only be a shell, and Isa's mind and soul will become her consciousness' projection, kind of rendering her invincible. Isa is rapidly approaching that point, and so can create a mirage of herself using her projection, and can stay outside of her body for very long periods of time. However, she still needs her body, and if her body is killed, she will be too. Eventually if her body is killed Isa won't need it anymore and will still live in the projection. But not yet.
Other: When Isa projects her consciousness into someone, their eyes turn Isa's glowing blue. Isa can control their movements and can speak through them. However, if someone fights her, it can be hard for her to stay attached. That is also a weakness, although usually one she's not affected by the most. In order to put Isa down, you'll probably need two people fighting her at the same time, as she can only possess one persona at a time.

Wow, that was a lot! Tell me if she's too OP or not enough. I think she's good, plus she makes people work together.
Last edited by JoyDark on Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

56 Reviews

Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:10 pm
JoyDark says...

@Necromancer14 -- hey. With all due respect, I know you created this roleplay, but... is it possible that your character is a bit too powerful? I know you downplayed her, but she would still be incredibly hard to beat. I don't think even the Avengers would be able to do it. And even if they could, let me remind you: we're not the Avengers. I'm not saying maybe take everything away, but I don't think she needs telekinesis with everything she already has. Same with hurricanes. She's so powerful already, I don't think she even needs to access those skills.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be criticizing you or your character, especially since you created the roleplay. But just... maybe keep it in mind?
she/her

woah
i actually made a post

114 Reviews

Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:35 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Oh yeah your right @Lia5Giba. I meant to pick between the golems and the hurricane and forgot to remove the hurricane. Sorry. And her telekinetic abilities arent very powerful at all. She can only move one thing at a time and it cant be too big. Her hammer is mostly what she uses, with some golem backup.

There. I edited it and removed the hurricane.

56 Reviews

Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:54 pm
JoyDark says...

Spoiler! :
So... am I good or not? My character, I mean.

Also, @Necromancer14, questions. How will we write this? It’s usually kinda hard to write a fight scene if you’re only writing for your character. So are we only writing our own characters, or additionally writing for others’ characters? If writing for others, that might prove to be a bit unfair, as people would probably just make their own character win. (Plus, it probably wouldn’t be as fun and we probably wouldn’t write each others’ characters accurately.) To avoid that problem, would we have to determine the outcomes of fights before they happen, in order to write them correctly? Who would decide that, if so? Where would they decide that? In this roleplay? In Discord or DMs? Or am I going on a completely wrong track?

I just want to know more about how this works, that’s all.
she/her

woah
i actually made a post

114 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:03 am
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

@Lia5Giba, yes, we decide the outcomes before the battle. The people not in the battle will vote who they legitimately think would win, and explain why they think that. Whichever character is deemed the strongest wins. However, if the owner of the character thinks that the other character is stronger, than there is no need for a vote. Unless they both think that.

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:31 am
xenoboy05 says...

Spoiler! :

Bio

Name:RedBear Durenuto Age:19
Height:7’4” But normally is around 5’10” or 6’4”

Powers Race:Hybrid (Gen 4 God,Human)
1.Has the powers to turn into ANYTHING and while in those forms has the powers/strength/speed/stat/etc. as that person/animal/creature/object/substance/etc.If he learns the powers of the forms good enough he can use them in his normal form.
2.Same as 1 but with other people.
3.He can summon/control fire,water,weather,natural disasters,and any type of gas,including kinds that don’t exist.
4.Teleportation
5.Can occasionally read minds
6.Creates force fields
7.Teleport others
8.Can summon weapons of any kind and can summon creatures to assist him in battle

Personality:Playful and loves to make friends and is very hyper but can be serious if needed.Very protective of people close to him.Sometimes he like to act like a ‘normal’ person and live a ‘normal’ life/day.

Strengths:Physically strong,can withstand lots of damage even without the use of spells,he is good at hand to hand and ranged combat even without the use of magic,and he is amazing at dodging. Strength of a Gen 2 or 3 God and defense of a Gen 1 God.

Weaknesses:If in too stressful of a situation his powers may not work properly or not at all and if someone close to him is put in a great amount of danger he could become reckless in trying to save them.If someone close to him is killed he will go insane and his powers will gain a like ‘adrenaline’,getting more powerful and his powers would even defeat Kara’s.

Appearance:Red hair and red eyes white skin which has a slight dark tint to it and has an array of different clothes he wear. In this RP we'll say he's wearing a completely white shirt and over it is a black leather jacket. Jean and black sneakers. *cough* *cough* profile picture

Grandfather:God of Life (father’s dad)
Grandmother:Goddess
of magic and spells (father’s mom)
Grandfather:Mori (human mother’s father)
Grandmother:Goddess Of death (mother’s mother)

Personal Power:The ability copy someone’s move and use the same amount of power or more.He can also just generally reflect anything.

Spoiler! :
I have a few things to say.
1. We'll just cut down his powers a little, like their weaker.
2.Beat the Avenger's? IMPOSSIBLE!!!
3.Dang @Necromancer14 your character is just brutal. Who took her bottle of milk?

RedBear was exhausted after walking through this maze. "Uuuuggh when will it end?!" RedBear yelled, looking for a response. "Anybody else here?"
The world is a stage and a stage is a world of entertainment.

Why does anybody do anything? Shear absolute boredom!

114 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:23 am
Necromancer14 says...

(Why do you think I downplayed her, @xenoboy05? Though technically your character is invincible, because he could turn into any of our characters plus he can do other stuff. Actually, his weakness is literally the only way to beat him, unless he's not very smart. Or did I get something wrong?)

Vixen tossed her hammer up into the air and then caught it again, wondering when something more interesting would happen. She heard someone complaining in the distance. Ooh, it was a boy! Maybe she could charm him into helping her get the Oreos.

"Hello?" she called in a fake dainty voice. She began forming a golem in the background. Just in case.

127 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:54 am
mythh says...

"I don't like fancy gals" Jack aimed a 10 tall and wide laser beam at her and disappeared as it hit her.
The name's Myth.

May you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of your life. And if you must cheat, then please, cheat death.
— An Unknown Bride, Leap Year