The Woodland Mansion [Reboot]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:23 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I love what everyone is coming up with! @fraey still needs to post, so just wait until after they go before posting again. :)

Edit: Oh, hey! We got to the third page of the roleplay.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:44 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Lynn felt like her normal self for a long minute, but then her limbs all started to stretch with no warning, but nothing hurt, despite her fingers quickly reaching the floor and her feet curled underneath.

Then, came the weirdest part, as her head was swept upwards, carrying her vision a decent few inches upward then her normal height, while her face then pulled into a more rectangular shape.

She opened her mouth to scream, but only a little sound escaped. Her heart stopped. Did that mean she — her arms would not move, they felt far too heavy than normal arms did, let alone the weight of her legs.

Oh god, she knew what she had turned into. But Lynn did not want to admit the truth.

She was a tree. A tree!

To be fair, she did always wonder if a tree made a sound. Maybe this way she’ll find out something.

Lynn just didn’t want to find out how crying worked in the form of a tree, so distractions were necessary.

A bloody tree! Gosh her luck.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I had been wrong to think things were chaotic before.

This was true chaos right now. I was still in the same building. The people here were different - seeing that I was the only vaguely human person left - but it didn't mean they weren't the same people. I had gotten turned into Anthony Lockwood. If something like that was possible, then didn't it mean that was possible for everyone else, too?

The puppy was the werewolf. That actually made sense - I didn't really have to think about that. Lynn had just become a...tree? I had no idea if she could still see what was going on, but I decided not to really question that. RedBear was some weird little furry thing that I didn't even want to start questioning, Silver was a wolf (?), and Bobby was...

...kind of a cute dragon, now that I thought about it.

Of course, Bobby was scared. I had a feeling everyone was at least a little scared. And if that screech RedBear had given towards Bobby was meant to be comforting, I had a sneaking suspicion it had failed.

I crouched down so I was eye-to-eye with Bobby.

"It's alright," I told him. "It's me, Skull. I don't know what's going on, but I think something just changed all of us."

I gave him a grin. But it wasn't really my grin - it was Anthony Lockwood's, and the guy admittedly had a skill when it came to smiling. I'd never admit that to him, but Lucy commented on them 24/7. If he gave her a smile, she'd walk out of the room and talk about it for the next hour.

The thought made my smile falter.

...That was how things had been, anyways. I was sure they were the same way - after all, Lucy wouldn't stop getting a kick out of Lockwood's smiles just because I was gone. I was never part of the equation.
mage

queer and here.

Reviews: 0
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:49 pm
View Likes
xenoboy05 says...

The Gremlin looked at...Skull?He noticed that Skull was the only one still human after transforming.The Gremlin looked behind him and at everyone else and noticed a...tree?The Gremlin stood up and walked up to the tree and assumed it was someone.He looked at the puppy then back at the tree.He swore in his little Gremlin language not to let the puppy pee on the tree.

He stood guard until they transformed back to normal.Then he got an idea what if he used his shape-shifting abilities to turn back to normal.When he tried all it did was make him tired.He assumed he couldn't shape-shift the others.

Later he got an idea,he would be a better body guard if he found some water.But he couldn't just leave the tree while the puppy was there.So he just sat down and attempted to make conversation with a tree,which still only came out in a bunch of screeches.He thought about it...he was screeching at a tree.'Am I going crazy?' He thought to himself.
Spoiler! :
I'm the latest edition of Furby. Now I have discovered my true form,but...not my final form.
The world is a stage and a stage is a world of entertainment.

Why does anybody do anything? Shear absolute boredom!

Reviews: 1
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:01 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

Silver looked at the little gremlin "hey....small....creature...i dont know what to call ye this is ....very rare....so why did ye come to the mansion" he then sat by the gremlin and placed his paw on it lightly "now i can actually understand ye" he moved his paw of the gremlin and looked at the puppy "....hello"
The people of this world can only give you useless opinions of yourself. don't listen to them, instead live your life like the 10 you are.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:12 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Bobby slowly uncurled his tail and blinked up at the man. Skull. Still Skull. Just, different. Like Bobby was different, but...less.

Bobby huffed out a breath and another cloud of smoke and sparks overtook his vision, but for some reason, it didn't choke him. Not like smoke was supposed to.

What's going on?

He had meant to say it aloud, but his mouth didn't feel right for talking. Instead, it was like he said it, but he could only feel the words vibrating in his head instead of his throat.

For some reason, he knew he could be heard.

Spoiler! :
Basically, Bobby can speak telepathically, but he cannot hear other people's thoughts at all or anything of the sort.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:11 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I was so busy trying to block out RedBear's screeches that Bobby's apparently telepathic abilities didn't register at first. It took me a good minute before I realized that he had actually said anything, and that the thing he had said had been in my head - more like when I was possessing someone and I was the one in control of the mouth.

"I don't know," I admitted. After a moment passed, I stopped crouching and plopped myself down beside Bobby. "I just know that we changed forms, and that I'm apparently the only human out of us right now. I do have a good idea of who everyone is, though."

I pointed at each one of them as I spoke.

"The puppy is the werewolf, RedBear's the little furry monster thing, Silver is the one talking to him right now, Lynn's a tree, you're a dragon, and I'm-"

I faltered, then scowled.

"...a guy I hate with a passion," I finally finished.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:16 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Amy wasn’t sure where everyone went, or who was who, or who got turned into who or what. She just knew that the tree was more familiar than everything and she wanted to climb it and hide in it. She began to run, yapping like a wee pup (unfortunately she still sounded like one) and pounced on the bottom of the tree, trying to figure out how to climb it with her frustratingly small paws.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:20 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I caught a glimpse of the werewolf-turned-puppy out of the corner of my eye - and heard her, too. With a promise to be right back, I got up to my feet and grabbed the werewolf around the waist. She was tiny, even when I was Lockwood instead of myself.

A second later, I returned to Bobby's side - this time dropping the werewolf in my lap.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:30 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Amy yelped at being grabbed and kicked her legs around until she was sat in Skull's lap.

She was not going to admit that she liked it, and she was not going to act like it either.

She mustered up the most indignant pout she could manage and looked up at Skull, lifting a paw up on his knee.

"How dare you," she said in a voice that sounded way more like her five-year-old self than she'd expected.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:46 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Lynn couldn’t move her head, er she supposed it would just be her eyes and a part of the “upper section” of the tree, too much to observe what else was going on in the room, but she did find the puppy cute and the Gremlin-like shape both made her want to laugh and made her want to cry.

The puppy, previously-a-werewolf was Amy, and she looked adorable running around her outgrown legs. Lynn could not think about herself with the proper anatomical words for trees, otherwise she would simply only be able to screech and it form any true words.

She tried to shift in place, managing to rustle her arms and the leaves attached to them. That wasn’t quite what Lynn wanted to do, but at least she could move slightly and try to communicate to the others if anyone approached her.

It was going to be a long day, transformed as a tree. A very long day. Well, at least she will certainly have some things to tell all of the fairies. Lynn did wish that the stories would be more interesting than her turning into a tree though.

All she really could do now was wait.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I was not going to admit how cute this entire thing was, or how bizarre it was to hear a puppy talking like a little kid.

"You were the one trying to climb up Lynn," I pointed out.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:09 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
gently nudges roleplay
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:07 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Amy whined. "What? Lynn? Lynn is a... tree?" She looked over at the tree, standing in the middle of the hall. "She... so I can't climb her?"

Reviews: 0
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:30 am
View Likes
xenoboy05 says...

RedBear looked at Silver. "Is there anyway you can turn me back to normal?" RedBear stood up and walked over to the puppy, entertained by its hyper activity. RedBear looked at at the puppy with its big eyes. RedBear didn't think about is he was keeping the pup out or not.
The world is a stage and a stage is a world of entertainment.

Why does anybody do anything? Shear absolute boredom!

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher