z

Young Writers Society

Kingdom Hearts: The Roleplay

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:52 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Baba tipped their head thoughtfully. “Donald said it was some soo-doh-magee-cosmo… something. Baba thinks… but how can Baba think? Now mermaids are real, and outer space is real. Now Baba can only wonder what else is out there.
Like Mount Olympus or the Hundred Acre Wood… or France.

Oh, Lira, Peter, do you think France is real?”

“What’s France?” said Peter, cleaning out his ear.

“It’s got fairy godmothers, and dragons, and cursed princesses.”

“Ooh,” said Peter, intrigued.

“And the people there eat, and age, and die.”

Peter wrinkled his nose. “I don’t like France. Sounds fake.”

Unfazed, Baba continued.

“And they’ve got these things called ‘weather’, and ‘seasons’, and they change all the time!”

Peter huffed conceitedly. “I know what weather is.”

“Oh, I don’t,” said Baba, excited, “Will you tell me?”

Peter stopped. He sat cross-legged, grasped his chin, and thought.

“Weather happens…” he began. He paused.

“Yes?” said Baba.

“Shut up, I’m thinking.” said Peter. Baba waited politely.

“Weather happens, because there’s a big elephant in the sky. The wind blows when he sings, rain falls when he sprays water from his trunk, and the sun goes away when he sits on it.”

Baba sat back in awe, button eyes gleaming. “Wow.”
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:01 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lira opened her mouth to argue that France was very real, seeing that Levi had been right about everything else that he had mentioned to her before, but then the conversation shifted to the weather. She quickly closed her mouth. She wasn't exactly a genius when it came to weather, but she knew a little bit about how it worked from books and experience.

Lira didn't have the heart to tell them that wasn't how weather worked.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:37 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Eventually, the Lost Boys came down to see what they were doing.

"Why haven’t you joined us?” said the little skunk boy.

“Lira needs a new thought.” Said Baba. “And Baba doesn’t know what to give her.”

“Has she seen Cannibal Cove?” asked one raccoon twin.
“I don’t think she wants to see Cannibal Cove.” the other replied.

“Has she seen Skull Rock?” said the bear boy.

Baba’s head bobbed with interest. “Skulls are very good. Let’s remember that one.”

“Has she seen the mermaids?” said the rabbit boy.

“Oh we did, but we didn’t really get close.” said Baba, still disappointed.

“That’s perfect! Let’s go back!” cried Peter, and leapt into the air.

Baba had to remind him. "Peter!"

“Oh. Of course.” said Peter, and softly touched down.
He offered Lira his hand, a savage yet innocent twinkle in his eyes.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:40 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

After a moment of hesitation, Lira took Peter's extended hand.

She didn't try to imagine if Levi had done this. She didn't try to imagine what he would be doing in a situation like this. For now, she wanted to focus on everyone that was actually here.
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:28 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Goofy watched the young Kate stride out ahead, just barely on their side. He’d never give up. But it would get to him, eventually. Donald could tell. There was nothing to say, so he only patted him on the back, insofar as he could reach it, and waddled on.

They found Lira, Baba, Peter and all the Lost Boys squeezed together on the rocks at the mermaid lagoon, where Peter did what he did best- telling tall tales of his bravery. His bravery was real, if the tales often weren’t.

“-a thousand sharks, coming at me right down the waterfall-”

The redheaded mermaid gasped. “What did you do?”

Peter laughed. “I flew up the waterfall straight at them, of course!”

“Did you keep any of the teeth?” asked a blonde mermaid with shells in her hair.

“I did! But I don’t have ‘em anymore. Tink took them to… to make a fence for her house.”

“How clever,” the mermaid replied, minorly disappointed. “Oh, won’t you tell us about the time you cut off Hook’s hand?”

“I’d love to hear that one,” said Donald, taking what could generously be called a space on the rocks near Lira and Baba.

As he listened, his grin grew wider, and the sparkles in his eyes grew wickeder, causing Goofy (who stood in the water) to squint at him suspiciously.

“- and tossed it at the crocodile! It chases him still- waiting for a chance at the rest of him.” he finished dramatically, to the crowing cheers of the Boys, and maidenly claps from the mermaids.

But partway through his follow-up story about the ticking contents of the crocodile's stomach, and the many ways he had exploited this, he was interrupted by a splash.

The Lost Boys had, perhaps intentionally, knocked Donald Duck into the water.

He surfaced flawlessly, but ruined the dignified effect with angry duck noises.

“Oh,” said a black-haired mermaid, “You’re a duck, aren’t you?”

“We’ve heard that Hook sometimes,” said the blonde one, “From the ship, muttering ‘that bloody duck,’ like some sort of curse.”

Donald’s rage ceased immediately. He settled into a smug float. “Does he really?”

Peter, affronted by this interruption, dropped down from his place on the rock, and hovered in Donald’s face. He poked Donald in the chest.

“I’m his real nemesis.” Peter asserted.

Donald’s smugness never wavered. He only said, diplomatically, “That you are, hehe. That you are.”

___
The blonde mermaid took a break from soaking in the juicy chaos to stop, and give the mysterious pirate girl a mercilessly coquettish welcoming glance.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:31 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lira had been content listening to Peter's story, but then she realized that Donald had a history with the pirate they were going to take the ship of. Something about that was a sobering thought - maybe it was the reminder that they couldn't spend forever here, or maybe it was the realization Peter's stories might have had some basis in fact.

She glanced over at Donald.

"What did you do to him?" Lira asked, almost hesitantly.
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:47 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Donald Duck, typically known to boast profusely at any given opportunity, paddled out of Peter’s way, and demonstrated.

“Oh, he’s just another face from the Carribean. I didn’t think he’d remember me.”

I only toppled his fleet, rousted his allies in the state, incited mutiny, burnt his ships, recruited his men into King Mickey’s navy, seized his assets, and in short, completely decimated his piratical empire.

Oh. Hang on. That was somebody else.

No, I just didn’t have the time to deal with one little ship in the fleet, so I tossed it into whatever portal I had handy. Who’d have thought, who’d have thought.”

He shook his head deliriously, at this point drunk on ego.

“But what can that compare, to a hand? I pushed him in a ditch. You, my friend, made him Hook.”

Peter floated upright, his nose high in the air. “Yes. I did.”

Donald looked up at the ageless child, and smiled. “Tell me more, kid. Tell me more.”

And the unimpressed Goofy stood at hand, in case Donald started floating, too.

___

Tallulah sighed. Once again, she had frozen the object of her fancy with her crippling beauty. She would have to do the approaching.

Tallulah slinked through the water, in no hurry. She circled the girl lazily, before settling into view before her. “Hey stranger,” she said. Even her words floated. “Give me a look at your cutlass.”

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:11 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Kate was not blushing. The redness on her face was just the light from her eyes. That was it. Just some reflected light from her brightly glowing eyes. And they were only so bright because she was still mad. Right.

Kate approached the water and made a show of begrudgingly taking out her cutlass and showing it to the mermaid, having to kneel in the sand to do so.

Kate's heart skipping around like a kid on pixy sticks had nothing to do with the coy smile the mermaid gave her.

"What's your name?" the girl asked, wrapping a strand of her hair around her finger.

"Kate," Kate managed. It was getting warmer. That was it. The sun was getting higher and...she looked up to see the sun had passed its peak a while ago and was now beginning its slow descent toward the horizon.

Whatever. It was still getting warmer. Who the fucker knew how this island's weather worked.

"That's a lovely name." The mermaid's voice was a musical thing, dancing in the air, curling around like smoke and most certainly not making Kate blush harder.

"I'm Tallulah," the mermaid continued, pulled herself a little further onto the beach so she was right next to Kate. Her fins were the only part of her that was still partially submerged. They shined in the water like they were forged of green-tinted silver, swaying back and forth like a dancer's skirts after the final triumphant twirl of the dance.

"That's a...a, good name, too." What the hell was Kate doing? Stuttering like a schoolgirl after a prom proposal. That's what she was doing. Making a fucking, glitter-loving fool of herself.

Her resolve to stop doing that dissolved about the exact moment she saw the mermaid smiling at her again.

...What was I thinking about?
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

59 Reviews

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:26 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Nobody remembered how it had started, and arguments would arise later as to how it did, but Neverland’s first baseball game was played by the mermaid lagoon, by Peter Pan, the Lost Boys, a duck, a dog, and three keyblade warriors. Only three of these people knew what baseball was.

The teams were uneven, eight to five, but Peter argued that the twins counted as one, so it was really seven to five, and if one Lost Boy joined their side, and Tinkerbell counted as herself, it was six to six. (Said Lost Boy later forgot this and rejoined his brothers but at that point, nobody cared.)

Baseball veteran Goofy patiently coached the kids in the rules of the game, which half ignored and the rest would forget.

Peter Pan and the Lost Boys had to keep being reminded that flying was not allowed, along with fairy dust, throwing each other to the bases, throwing the bases at each other, and using each other as bats.

Peter Pan himself was the worst, not only forgetting rules almost as soon as he’d heard them, but making up new ones, that his faithful band would accept as law. Until he forgot and changed them.

Goofy suffered. He was kept so busy with the children, Donald would cheat with magic when he wasn’t looking. But when he got the chance to swing, his form was perfect.

Baba kept trying to pounce at the ball, and had to be reminded to hit it with their Keyblade.

Lira hit nothing with hers, but couldn’t stop smiling regardless.

Kate was only a vaguely passable batter, but she was a wicked pitcher. Smoking imprints adorned the landscape in her wake. Many Lost Boys were out. (They attempted the workaround of swapping hats with the boys who were not out, which led to Kate leaving more ball-shaped imprints in their little faces.)

And Talullah continued to shout encouragement from the riverbank, wearing Kate’s fedora, fazed by nothing.

Then it was the Keybladers’ turn to bat again.

Lira missed the first ball, and the second. Then she hit the third. And she started floating.

She didn’t notice, at first, but when she did, she just laughed, and kept going.

And of course, now that Lira was allowed to fly, everyone had to fly. Donald, Kate and Goofy were the only players left on the ground. Even that was too many, so a club slipped from somebody’s swing at terminal velocity and knocked Kate all the way into the lagoon.

Choruses of ‘That’s cheating!’ flared up from all sides. Everyone shouted, nobody listened to anyone, and at some point, somehow, a second ball appeared in circulation. And a third. At least one of them was covered in fairy dust.

Goofy ran in all directions and tried like mad to prevent what collisions he could, until baseball flashbacks morphed into football flashbacks into rugby flashbacks into boxing flashbacks, even skiing flashbacks. He went into sports concussion overload and ended up running around in intentionless circles with Baba, who jumped onto his shoulders to save time. Baba continued to bat from this new position.

Donald went missing for stretches of time to reappear, narrowly missing being squished to death by someone, quacking and frothing and brandishing his wand like a savage club.

Another ball appeared. Tinkerbell was nowhere in sight, but fairy dust was everywhere. Somehow, several wild animals had ended up in the mix.

And then the Jolly Roger appeared in the sky.

Mid-riot, everyone froze. Without dropping their keys and clubs, or their brothers’ collars, their dirty baby fists hovering dumbfounded in the air, they stood in a great muddy crater as deep as a cake pan, and stared up at the ship in the sky.

For five solid seconds, nobody moved.

Until Tinkerbell shot into the air, screamed ‘BATTLE STATIONS!” and the riot resumed. (This time with slingshots, and aimed in the appropriate direction.)
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:08 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lira kept trying to get out of the chaos to check on Kate, but it was nearly impossible to - every time she tried to slip away, one of the boys would grab onto her and tug her back into the whatever the game had become. Lira had never really played baseball and didn't really know what it was supposed to be like, but she had a sneaking suspicion it wasn't supposed to be like this.

But then a pirate ship appeared.

The world went still for the briefest of moments. Lira just stared, vaguely remembering that V had said that they should take the ship - this was the right ship, wasn't it?

The lull in the game (?) quickly ended. Lira wasn't really sure how slingshots were supposed to stop a pirate ship, but she was also pretty sure she wasn't supposed to ask. She was too busy trying to think of how V thought they could ever take the ship.

Her gaze swept across it. She was trying to get in as much of it as she could, but it was difficult when the others kept getting in front of her view-

She flew a little to the side, dodging Peter Pan and another one of the boys. She had seen something on the ground below. Maybe one of the pirates had somehow ended up down there? Whatever the case was, she had to get a look.

There was a little dark figure.

...A dark figure she recognized.

Lira got a heavy feeling in a gut.

It was a feeling that shouldn't have translated over to what was actually happening, but all of the happiness and joy she had been feeling slipped out of her grasp. It was a heartless. And when she glanced on the distant horizon, she could make out what seemed like an endless horde of them - all spilling out of what looked like portals made of darkness.

"Goofy! Donald!" she shouted, stumbling as her feet touched the ground. "There's Heartless!"

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:44 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Goofy and Donald snapped out of their respective confusions instantly. Goofy’s stance was perfect, even with Baba still on his shoulders. Baba whipped out their key, pointed skywards, and said “Throw me.”

“Ya sure?” replied Goofy.

“I’m sure.”

Baba rolled into a ball, and dropped down. Goofy caught Baba in his shield, spun them around, and threw the greatest pitch of the century.

Donald shot streams of fire from his cute webbed feet, and zoomed up into the sky to join Baba’s side, still spinning in a murderous little ball.

“Hey, Baba,” Donald shouted, “Let’s wait for Kate and Lira! We can land together!”

Baba uncurled, and slowed into a hover.

The great ship below, hardly small even from up here, was alive. Pirate-shaped insects filled the deck with their shining cutlasses, filthy pistols and filthier grins, the captain in his bright feathered hat stood proudly at the helm, while two spiky androgynous strangers lurked comfortably in his shadow.

“Goofy! Send ‘em up!” Donald bellowed.

Lira joined them almost immediately. Just in time. Because the pirates below had readied the cannons.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:05 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Kate didn't return to the game when she was tossed in the impossibly blue, mirror-like pool of somehow-not-freezing water. The fact that she didn't return, though, had absolutely nothing to do with the pretty blonde who appeared in the water beside her the moment Kate gracefully dove in, completely on purpose.

She was listening to the floaty cadence of the girl's voice, the smooth way in which it drifted over the air like smooth smoke. Kate was glad she didn't have to breathe.

"You're good at that game," the blonde said. Before Kate could manage a reply - and she really didn't hesitate for that long - the chaos behind her stopped. Or, rather, it changed.

A looming shadow like something out of a b-grade horror movie fell over them and Kate turned around to see a literal glitter-coated-gods-damned pirate ship descending from above. Kate had turned just in time to see that bit of burlap with an oversized key get hurled up onto the ship.

Were it not for the urging of the blonde - Tallulah, her name was - Kate wouldn't have bothered going to the anthropomorphic nightmares when they called for her.

"The fuck do you want?" were the words that got drowned out by the first round of cannon fire.

The duck shouted something at her that was no more understandable than anything else he'd said, then suddenly she was going the way of the potato sack and flying up into the air.

She hardly managed to shout some curses down at the others before she went crashing down onto the deck of the ship. With no conscious thought from her, the key-ax-thing from earlier was back in her hand just in time for her to smash the blunt end into the face of a beady-eyed showdow-looking thing that she recognized from the other time she was in a fight like this.

Vaguely, Kate noticed the others of the merry band of royally screwed misfits joining the brawl, but to keep herself from knocking either of them into the sea, she ignored them. Besides, there were plenty of other things to hit.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Elsewhere on Captain Hook's ship...

“Hey,” Demyx said, tilting his head as he watched the Heartless down below. There was something off about the nonchalance in his voice, but Axel couldn’t put his finger on what.

Not that it mattered, really. It wasn’t like he really cared about anyone in the organization. He just followed orders these days, and those orders happened to involve keeping an eye on Demyx so he didn’t slip off again.

“Aren’t those Levi’s friends?”

Axel glanced over at the group of kids. It was hard to tell, at first. Appearances had a tendency to get changed when you went to other worlds. It had happened back before...well, before then. What then was really wasn’t the point right now. Now the appearance changes had been replaced by dark, ominous coats that made running more than a little difficult, and Axel really needed to focus on what Demyx was saying. Reminiscing was for the clock tower.

They had a job to do right now.

...Even if that job was just watching over the Heartless attack.

He looked at the kids again. Three kids, just like the ones that Levi had been friends with years ago. Kate and Lira were pirates now, and Baba looked like the newest addition to the Lost Boys. He knew a lot about them all, even if they had never met. Levi had always gushed about them.

It was strange how you could know a person you barely saw better than the person you watched grow up.

“So?” Axel asked, glancing over at Demyx.

There it was again. That nonchalance that wasn’t quite so nonchalant. Demyx never took an interest in anything, so why was he so into what the kids were up to?

Demyx frowned.

“Lira’s world got destroyed by darkness,” he said, pointing at her. His finger traveled over to where Kate and Baba were. “And their worlds were attacked by Heartless-”

He blinked.

“...Also, they’re all using keyblades,” Demyx said.

Now it was Axel’s turn to blink and stare. They were, weren’t they? He had seen some of the king’s men lingering around, but this wasn’t his style. The kids all had keyblades. They had all gotten away from the destruction and darkness on their worlds - Axel let himself feel a little relief about that, just for a moment - and were together now.

Their worlds had been attacked at around the same time, and Axel knew for a fact that the Gummi ship had been in Traverse Town. So that could only mean…

Axel couldn’t help but give a smile at that.

“So he did have a plan, after all,” Axel muttered.

Demyx glanced over at him. “Who are you talking about?” he asked. “Does Saix have some plan he’s not telling the rest of us about? Did you…”

He hesitated.

“...Did you talk to Xemnas?” Demyx asked, speaking his name as if it was some kind of forbidden taboo.

Axel turned around and shrugged, opening a corridor of darkness behind him. He needed to go to the clock tower again - it was time for a talk.

Demyx looked at the kids and Heartless for another moment before following Axel. “We should tell Saix,” Demyx suggested. “We could capture the kids and ask them if they’ve seen Levi-”

“They wouldn’t have,” Axel said. “It would go against whatever he’s scheming.”

“...Who’s scheming-Axel, wait, don’t close the corridor without me-”
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:14 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

“Or we go after Kate,” quacked Donald, “That’s fine too.”

Donald, Lira and Baba plummeted together from miles above, all aimed squarely at the deck.

It rocked under their feet. Boards splintered where they stood.

Between frenzied waves of weathered seamen, Baba weaved like a vicious little alleycat. Kate cleaved honourlessley. Lira darted and swung in tune with Donald’s firey spell blasts, clearing his path to the steering wheel.

Donald was still an Admiral. He knew what he was doing. But in this case, he wouldn’t have to.

“HOLD ONTA SOMETHING, KIDS!” he shouted.

Donald spun the wheel hard, sending many a pirate falling down to Goofy and the Lost Boys below. The Lost Boys flew up to meet them midair. Less lucky ones made it down to Goofy.

Donald cackled, and spun the wheel the other way to catch the rest of them.

Sharp metal plunged into it, causing the ship to stop dead mid-jolt. A hook.

“You,” rumbled Captain James Hook.

Donald snickered like a cruel schoolgirl. Ice balled up in one feathered hand, and fire curled in the other.

“You took the Carribean from me,” Hook growled.

“Just business, Hank.” said Donald with a wink.

Hook plunged his cutlass deep into the space where Donald was a half second ago, before the duck slid underneath, coating the deck with ice under his webbed feet.

He slid away down the far end of the ship, cackling and throwing fireballs as he went.

Hook lunged and roared after him, following his enemy away from the steering wheel.

59 Reviews

Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:52 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Taking advantage of Donald’s opening, Lira darted past Hook and took control of the steering wheel.

Plumes of smokey darkness curled into being in the sky above their heads, slowly turning, pulling in. Chill winds spun within the vortex, growing steadily louder.

Lira pointed the prow sternly at the ground, and sent the galleon down.

It plummeted three feet, and then rocked suddenly and violently back into place.

“I don’t understand, that should’ve sent us down-!” Lira yelled. She gasped.

Long, fat, black and purple tentacles had wrapped around the galleon, writhing, bashing blindly.

Soon, they would reach her.

“Protect Lira!” yelled Donald. “Lira, just keep steering!”

Donald, Kate and Baba made a protective circle around Lira, bashing tentacles with keyblades and spells when they came near.

The vortex grew only stronger, deafening winds sucking hats, barrels, rope, even heavy iron cannonballs flew into its icy mouth.

They could keep the wheel forever, it was no good if they couldn’t free the ship. The vortex was getting stronger, if a single person flew out alone, their chances weren’t good. They had a better chance with the weight of the ship. But if they couldn’t get it out…

“Alright, kids,” Donald shouted, “I’ll try just once to push us out, if it doesn’t work, I want you all to grab onto each other, and jump ship-”

A thrown cutlass plunged deep into the wood railing. Straight through Baba’s ribs.

“Hey,” said Baba.

Baba struggled, but they were wedged in tight.

Hook lunged with his cutlass, with weight and with grace. Donald slid underneath him on his rubbery little feet, skating across the icy deck.

Streams of fire blazed from Donald Duck's eyes. He would protect the kingdom's future. He would protect his kids.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; but the valiant will never taste of death but once."
— Julius Caesar