z

Young Writers Society

Kingdom Hearts: The Roleplay

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:52 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Kate scoffed and rolled her eyes. Of course she was stuck with this group of slime-brained morons. She couldn't just walk away because they were too stupid to realize that walking away does not mean 'clome along! Follow me! Let's go pick flowers and watch for rainbows!'

Fucking glitter-munching morons.

"If you don't get it, you slimy sparkle-infested dishrag, you're not going to," she snapped at Baba.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:59 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lira had been trying her best to avoid Kate's fury, but it just felt wrong to sit by when Kate was being so mean to Baba. Baba hadn't been trying to annoy her; they weren't even talking with her to begin with.

Lira took a deep breath.

"I deserved you being mad at me earlier," she said, turning to Kate, "but Baba doesn't deserve your anger right now."

Terrified of Kate getting mad again, but not wanting to back down, Lira looked back at Baba and the man.

The man didn't say anything for a moment. He just studied the group from underneath his hat, gaze lingering on each one of them for what felt like an eternity. But then he finally turned back to Baba, and finally offered the answers that Baba had been looking for.

"Terra's mine," he said, his voice stiff. "I'm not a dream eater, but I'm..." He glanced at Lira. "...surprised you know what a dream-eater is. Most people don't."

He gestured to back where he had come from. "Hook is a pirate who lives here. Captain Hook, technically. I could be a better pirate than he ever could be-"

He took a deep breath.

"That's not important right now," he said, giving a strained smile. "And for your last question, a little shit is what you call an annoying, pain in the ass friend who goes running off without any kind of warning and makes you spend thirty minutes talking to fucking Smee-"

Terra meowed and gave him a look that seemed to be asking if he was done with his tirade.

"No," he said, looking down at the spirit. "I'm not. You know I hate that ship, Terra, and you knew I would have gone there if I couldn't find you with the lost boys."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:16 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Goofy and Donald emerged from the smoking remains of the Gummi ship, and watched the children explore the lagoon.

The hull was totalled. The engine was fried. The navigation board, the communication board, and a few other instruments were functional, but that was of little use when the damn thing couldn’t get off the ground.

“That ship was made from Gummi blocks,” lamented Donald. “Constructed from intercosmic debris, that falls only from the opening of a world’s door.”

“One of two in existence,” Goofy nodded.

Donald looked up at Goofy. “Think Mickey’ll forgive us?”

Goofy shrugged optimistically. “It’s Mickey.”

Suddenly, Goofy stiffened. His parental instincts were a-tingling. A tall dark stranger was talking to the children.

He strode over with his best calm but confrontational stride, and Donald scrambled to follow him.
---

Baba deflated. Baba knew that Kate didn’t exactly like them, but they were beginning to feel as though maybe, just maybe, they had been insulted, too. That she had been insulting them, this whole time.

Baba by default gave the benefit of the doubt. They never really knew what to do, when this doubt was broken. Get mad? Hold a grudge? That sounded like hard work.

But they didn’t want to try being friendly with Kate, either. So they shied out of her way, for now, and listened to the strange man instead.

Pirates, Dream-Eaters, Hooks and Smees. Lost Boys, and ships. Pirate ships.
Baba’s button eyes sparkled with interest.

Baba moved, about to ask another question, but then they shrank back, and said nothing.

That was about when Goofy stepped in, in between the children and the strange man. Donald waddled rapidly behind him, and settled next to him, crossing his little feathered arms authoritatively.

“Hello,” said Goofy to the stranger, not threatening, but not welcoming.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:21 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The man placed Terra down on the ground, though Lira wasn't entirely sure if "placed" was the right way to describe it. It was more like he dropped the dream-eater and let gravity take care of the rest. Lira had heard cats always landed on their feet. Terra looked like a cat, but it was questionable if that rule was justification for Terra's owner.

The man crossed his arms.

"Hello," he said, in a tone nearly identical to Goofy's.
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:10 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

When met with his own tone, and given a chance to hear it from the outside, Goofy was a mite embarrassed by his confrontational opening. Now that he had done his job and established himself as the present guardian, he didn't have anything else to say.

He coughed. A little bit friendlier this time. (Still not too much.)

"I'm Goofy," began Goofy, "-Captain of the Guard!" added Donald, unsolicited. He always found the need to throw their titles in where Goofy didn't. Goofy sighed internally, and tuned out to allow Donald to handle his own introduction.

"-Venerated Ambassador of Anatidae, and Master of the Scubanautic Arts." he finished.

Goofy quickly began talking again, before Donald could start anything else.

"Say, you wouldn't happen ta know where we've landed, wouldja? Mr...?"

95 Reviews

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:32 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Kate rolled her eyes again. Pointless. All of this was pointless beyond belief. Maybe that fish chick had better things to say than these boring glitter-munchers. One of them had a...what did he call it? A dream-eater? It was pretty damn close to admitting to being a sparkle-snorting glitter-muncher, really, with a name like that.

With a huff, she interjected, "How about ew skip to the part where we leave this godforsaken rock," she suggested sarcastically.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He could think of three different names to give, but none of them were names that made sense in this situation. One of them was dangerous to utter. The second was one he had cast aside years ago. And the third was a name he was usually quite comfortable with, but was also a name he knew ran the risk of being recognizable.

So he needed to come up with something new.

Terra was taken by the dream-eater giving him a judgemental look from the ground. Other names slipped in and out of his mind, but all of them belonged to people he didn't particularly like right now. Names based on people from other worlds - and particularly this one - might seem like an alias later on if anyone here ran into the people in question.

Donald and Goofy knew King Mickey, too - borrowing any part of his name was out of the question.

"V," he finally said. "You can call me V."

Lira - never much of a fighter - looked like she was trying to hold back a tirade against Kate. Baba was barely looking in Kate's direction, and Kate was ruder than he had expected.

"We can't leave this world," Lira pointed out. "Our ship was destroyed."

She paused, looking over at the man a short distance away from her.

"Are we supposed to let people know we're from another world?" Lira whispered. It wasn't entirely clear who she was whispering to, but he still heard it regardless.

"It's alright," he reassured her. "I'm also from a different world."

"Then how did you get here?" Lira asked, giving him a curious look.

"There's other ways of traveling between worlds," he replied. Their ship was destroyed. That hadn't been part of the plan. He had known that the king had sent some of his men searching, and had guessed that they would stumble onto the three. But with the Gummi ship destroyed, they were potentially stranded on this world.

That wouldn't work.

"But what's your way?" Lira insisted.

He gave a strained smile, eyebrow twitching a little bit underneath the shadow of his hat. "It doesn't really matter."

"We could be stuck here," Lira said. She had a pleading expression on her face, and Terra giving a pitiful little meow at his feet wasn't really helping, either. "You don't have to bring us with you - you just have to tell us how you go between worlds."

He took a deep breath and tried to resist the very, very strong urge to swear in frustration right now. This was not how this day was supposed to go. Thanks, Terra, for making me have to deal with things that were never part of my plan.

"You can use Captain Hook's ship," he offered. "It's not how I travel, but it should work well enough if you make the right adjustment. Just take a few parts from your old ship and some fairy dust."

Lira opened her mouth to say something again, but he was already making a beeline for the trees with Terra in tow. By the time that Lira went to follow him, he was already gone from the woods and from the world.
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:25 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Donald and Goofy stood, and blinked down at the dust cloud, then up at the suspicious stranger as he ninja ran out of view.

Just take parts from a rare and complicated intercosmic spaceship, slap them onto an antique galleon, and expect it to work. Naturally fairy dust was a proven ingredient compatible with everything, but the rest of V’s uninformed recommendations sounded a tad optimistic.

“Think it’s wise ta take engineerin’ advice from that fella?” Goofy asked cautiously.

Donald turned to their steaming, smoking, groaning wreck of a ship.
The other wing fell to the ground. And then the burglar alarm went off.

Donald found nothing to say. He gave Goofy a nervous grin, and waddled over to the ship.

The entire control board safely stashed in Donald’s front pocket (a trick he learned from Mary Poppins), Donald and Goofy returned to the kids.

Baba jumped up to meet them.

“Donald! Goofy! Did you see the mermaids! Are we going to borrow Mr Hook’s ship soon?”

Donald snickered. “Borrow.” he said, and snickered some more.

Goofy squinted down at him disapprovingly.

“Well you see, uh, kids, stealin’ isn’t right, but Cap’n Hook, uh…”

Goofy was unable to invent an excuse, and thus petered out. He looked down at Donald again.

Donald scratched his head. “Captain Hook, Captain Hook… that sounds familiar…”
He waddled in a circle, scratching his chin, until he stopped. He snickered, and cackled.

“So that’s where it went.” was all he said. His cackle returned, and ended in an elated wheeze.

Donald looked up at the children, grinning widely, eyes sparkling with wickedness.

“He’s a pirate. A baddie. We can steal from him. It’s okay, children.”

Baba aeroplane ran out ahead, chanting “Steal! Steal! Steal!”

Goofy absolutely deflated.

Baba ran back one minute later, being chased by a gang of dirty little boys wearing dirty animal skins led by a bright yellow light.

95 Reviews

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:40 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Fucking fairies.

Kate knew a fae when she saw one. A little glowing dot zipping around and making little bell noises? Fairy. One hundred percent a member of the sparkle-obsessed masses who made it so hard to get anything done without some sneering heckler shouting 'blood-sucker' or some other unpleasant term when she didn't show her appreciation for their 'inherent superiority'. It wasn't hard to believe that those were the people who missed the implications of getting their power from magic powder.

She scowled at the fairy, ignoring the boys. They weren't too unlike the street urchins she knew. Discarded children left to fend for themselves, most of them, unsurprisingly, vamps. No one wanted a forever child, not really. The humans who said they did were either ignorant, foolish, or liars. Or all three.

She turned her scowl on Baba, "Why'd you have to bring the glitter-munching fae-kind?" she growled.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Baba was only gone for a minute," Lira said, giving Kate a look. It wasn't an outright irritated look, but Lira was surprised to realize it bordered on one. People weren't supposed to get on her nerves - especially people that were Levi's friends. "I don't think it was intentional. They probably followed-"

The words finally clicked.

Lira turned and stared at the group of boys. In the back of her mind, she remembered a story that Levi had once told her about a group of boys who lived on an island, but she couldn't remember the specifics. She did, however, see the fairy zipping around.

Lira stepped between Baba and the boys, gaze turning from the group to the little fairy moving around them. "Hi," Lira said. She wasn't sure who she was talking to - either the boys, the fairy, or maybe both. She would have normally been more excited about the prospect of meeting a fairy, but she had just met a dream-eater. Dream-eaters were just a little higher up on her list.
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:29 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

A little boy at the head of the group stopped suddenly. The other boys crashed into him, and collapsed over one another into a furry, dusty writhing little heap. “Hi!” replied the culprit, a small boy in a rabbit skin.

A taller, redheaded boy in a fox skin pushed the rabbit boy out of the way, rising up from underneath.

“Hold it, Nibs!” he called out. He crossed his arms. “They came outta the big weird thing what fell outta the sky! They’re invaders, and they oughta asplain theirselves. And on top a that, they looks like pirates.” He topped it off with a thorough nod.

Baba looked down confusedly at the scrum, now standing safely a few paces away.
“We’re not… we’re not pirates?” said Baba.

“And you!” called a voice from the bottom of the pile. All that could be seen of them was a foot, and a raccoon’s tail. “You’re dressed like us but- whatever, you are, I ain't never seen you before!”
“Yeah!” said a near identical voice, belonging to a near identical foot and tail poking out the opposite side of the pile. “You’re a spy! Pirate spy!”

Donald and Goofy ran to catch up. The Lost Boys (who could see) blinked. They weren’t dressed like pirates, exactly, but they were adults, and that amounted to the same thing.

Fox Boy tackled Baba’s legs, the scarecrow went down in an instant. Both raccoon twins wriggled out and pounced at Baba’s head, leaving them scrambling and rolling on the ground to throw them off, keyblade dropped and forgotten on the ground.

As soon as they were freed, the remaining boys joined the fray. Rabbit boy leapt at Lira. Both Bear Boy and Skunk Boy charged at Kate. Tinkerbell zoomed around the battlefield, throwing pebbles indiscriminately. Goofy and Donald, who had only just caught up, got the worst of her.

It was not a fight. It was a scrap. It was a child’s scrap. Dirt was thrown, fingers were bit, backs were climbed on top of, limbs flailed and limbs hit, but nothing that could be described as a proper punch occurred. The Lost Boys succeeded impressively in coating the invaders in a layer of dirt.

Baba rolled and hissed and rolled some more, pulling at the raccoon twin latched onto its face. Baba dislodged the boy’s grip just long enough to notice- the brawl had migrated all the way from a grassy space just off the lagoon to a dark and spooky bit of forest, too dark, for this time of day.

“Lira? Kate!?” Baba called out, more frustrated than anything else.
“Donald, Goofy! Are you?- agh!- Where are- would you stop, just for one-!”
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:59 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lira wasn't sure how she ended up in the forest, but something told her it probably had to do with her trying to avoid getting attacked by a boy who was definitely younger than her. Even as he and the other boys flung dirt at her and the rest of their group, she didn't want to fight them. The boy who had leapt at her and was now chasing her through the forest wasn't anywhere close to her height or age. It just felt wrong fighting someone so much younger-

Some hard hit her face.

She stunned just long enough by the attack to get tackled by the boy wearing the rabbit onesie. He did push hard, and did have a lot of momentum, but Lira had the added advantage of being taller.

As the boy continued to try pushing her down, her gaze swept across the forest to see who had flung whatever hit her in the face. It eventually landed on the fairy - Lira could see little pebbles being flung from the tiny ball of light.

"I'm okay!" Lira shouted over to Baba. "Why are they attacking us? We're not actually pirates-"

She was cut off by another pebble hitting her cheek.

She winced and wiggled a hand free from the boy's grasp to touch where the fairy had hit her. Seeing that the fairy was the one doing the most damage right now, Lira marched over to her with the rabbit boy clinging desperately to her waist.

With the fairy preoccupied at chucking pebbles at Donald and Goofy, Lira easily grabbed the ball of light in both of her hands - her grip gentle to avoid hurting the fairy by accident, but just tight enough that no more pebbles could be thrown.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:59 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Nope. Kate was gone the moment the kids started pelting each other with dirt. Rocks and pebbles went flying. The kids who went after her scamped back the moment she turned on them in the shadows of the forest. She tore her glasses from her face and glared at them with her eyes burning red, her fangs bared.

The looks of fear and surprise on their faces hardly computed in Kate's rage-blurred mind. It was the same with the words, accusations, they flung her way before scurrying away like frightened rats.

Fucking glitter-loving changeling brats.

Kate cleaned the dirt from the blue lenses of her glasses and turned to face the forest. Dark, dreary, and full of nice, tall trees.

She selected one and leaped for the lowest branches. Catching them, she dragged herself into the tree. Up and up and up she went, away from the roughhousing changeling children and the morons she'd been trapped with. She could get off this fucking island herself. She didn't want to spend a moment more being pelted, embarrassed, or patronized by those losers. She was and would be on her own.

She found a nice thick limb about halfway up the tree and stopped climbing. She didn't have to go that high. Just high enough that they would stumble on through their little adventure without her and she could get home. She didn't even care about Levi anymore. He left a long time ago, and he left her alone. She would stay that way if that was how he wanted it. If he was involved in all of this magical nonsense then she didn't even want to have known him.

She fixed her glasses on her face and looked at the charm around her wrist, debating throwing it away. Tossing it to the ground and letting that be that.

he/they

59 Reviews

Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:14 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

The scrum rumbled and thumped deeper and darker into the forest, until the picture was almost more shadow than tree. It was difficult to follow whose limbs were where, especially when Baba had to try so hard not to hurt the wriggling lumps of child clutching at their face and legs.

Baba gave up trying to shake them off. Baba pulled themself to their feet, stood up, and stood still.

“Baba is tired.” they said. “Will you please get off now?”

The boys continued to cling, albeit more confusedly.

So Baba stood, and waited for them to get tired. But just as though it looked as though it was beginning to work, something excited them.

First, rustles shook the leaves of the trees. Golden sparks shot through them, and fell softly in a trail behind.

A yelp sounded over where Lira was, and Tinker Bell regrouped with the larger trail.
And finally her light revealed his pixie-ish face- a dirty young boy with copper hair and a wicked, wicked grin. Unlike the other boys, he wore green tights and tunic, and a cute pointy green hat.

“PETER!” they shouted, and inspired by the arrival of their leader, resumed fighting.

“No, we’re not- I’m not fighting you- you- agh!”
And Baba was, once again, lost under a small pile of smaller children, crowing like roosters.

But with Peter and Tinker Bell in the fray, this thrashing, crowing lump was different. Golden fairy dust was shaken violently all over everyone, until they all started to rise.

Shaken and confused, Baba floated precipitously, until they got excited. Quite suddenly they shot up above the trees, Fox Boy and the Raccoon Twins flying off independently.

“Oh no!” cried Baba, and fell just a little. Baba clawed back up into the air, because they had to fix what they had done, they had sent the boys flying off- they could get hurt, and it was all-

But the boys swam and floated as though they had been born floating, without a worry in the world.

Lira appeared above the treetops too, a short distance away, the Rabbit boy, the Bear boy, and the Skunk boy flew off with the others, as well.

Peter Pan, Tinker Bell and the Lost Boys regrouped in the air, now leisurely watching the newcomers. The sight of Lira and Baba flapping about cluelessly caused them to completely lose interest in fighting them.

Baba flopped clumsily, head over feet, throwing out their arms to balance as best they could. Baba did not fly so much as tumble and flail, as slowly as they could manage. The act resembled a kitten slipping about inside an invisible bubble.

Lira had about as much luck with it.

Peter, the Lost Boys, and Tinker Bell all laughed at them. Then, seeing an opportunity to show off, Peter flew down to Lira and Baba to help them. “Have you never flown before? I’ll show you how-”
___

Goofy and Donald ran back and forth on the forest floor, searching for the children. When the bumps and thuds subsided, traces of shimmering fairy dust and sounds of laughter led them up a tree.

“Y’allright up there?” hollered Goofy from the treetop.

“What’s going on?” yelled Donald, from atop Goofy’s shoulders.

“We’re flying!” Baba yelled back joyfully.

The two guardians watched the children, at first, terrified, and then, vaguely crestfallen. The children seemed fine, but what were they supposed to do now?

Goofy looked at Donald Duck. “Can you fly?” he said.

Without looking away from Baba and Lira, Donald shook his head.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:50 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lira's face turned red in embarrassment at the laughter - it was childish laughter, but that didn't meant it didn't hurt any less. It wasn't her fault that she hadn't flown before. She didn't even know how they were flying.

"Have you ever thought of flying before?" Levi asked.

They were at the beach again, cooling their feet off in the water and staring up at the sky. Lira wished that she had brought her swimsuit, but Levi didn't have one - it would have been rude to go swimming without him.

She turned her attention away from the fluffy white clouds. "That's a funny question to ask," she said. "We're not birds."

He puffed out his cheeks.

"It's not funny," he protested. "People can fly! You just need a big, big ship."

"Ships can't fly either," she pointed out.

He crossed his arms. "Yes they can," he argued. "But sometimes you don't even need a ship! All you need is a little bit of fairy dust, and a lot of belief."

She raised an eyebrow in disbelief. "That's a funny story."

"It's not a funny story! I did it just last week. I was there with-"

Levi paused. He looked like he wanted to say more, but knew that he couldn't. He had been doing that look a lot lately; part of her wondered just how long he'd be able to hold whatever secret he was keeping.

"There with who?" she asked, desperate to get a better idea of his life. He knew all about her mom, but she didn't know a thing about what his family was like.

He bit his lip. "...Someone really cool."

Lira opened her mouth again to point out how weak the response was, but she never get a chance to. Levi got a mischievous glint to his eyes - in retrospect, she should have realize what that meant.

A second later, she was getting pushed into the ocean.

And, naturally, the first thing she did was pull him in, too.

The boy wearing green wasn't Levi. He never could be. But something about him reminded her of Levi, and she was desperate to understand Levi again - just like she had been all those years ago.

"Can you show me how to fly?" she asked, eyes bright and eager.
mage

queer and here.

I have a Gumbie Cat in mind, her name is Jennyanydots; Her coat is one of the tabby kind,with tiger stripes and leopard spots.
— T.S. Eliot, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats