z

Young Writers Society

The Ghost Hunt

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:47 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Marciella considered leaving, but upon further thought, decided that that was likely the least logical course of action. After all, magic had clearly brought her here, and this was appearing to be a world further devoid of magic than she was used to, so it was better to stay were evidence of the stuff was clear. Ergo, a house with a ghost inside of it.

"I wouldn't call it exciting," Marciella said, recalling the singular class trip she'd taken to a haunted trench to see a ghost hunter - she could never remember the proper name for the career - do their work, "It's rather mind-numbing, really."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

Reviews: 1
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:18 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

"well what do you plan on doing with a 'ghost' on the loose" Silver said

The group looked at Silver as the light from a torch nearby showed silvers young serious face,with one eye ice blue the other pure white, all they could do was stare

"....why is everyone staring a me?" Silver asked
Last edited by Silverthefox2 on Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The people of this world can only give you useless opinions of yourself. don't listen to them, instead live your life like the 10 you are.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:08 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I'm sorry to keep requesting things in spoilers, but can you please not control other people's characters? The reactions you write might not fit what their writers have in mind - I think it varies depending on the person running the roleplay, but most of the roleplays on YWS usually stick to you writing just your character. :)

It's usually best to assume that people don't want you to write for their characters, and ask them if they're okay with it if you're not sure. <3

"I plan on dealing with the ghost like I deal with other ghosts in my show," he replied. He didn't elaborate - he wasn't entirely sure how he would. The ways he dealt with ghosts was mostly fiction; he took different ways that people had historically faced ghosts and blended them into something that worked good on air. No one had caught on, save for a few cameramen.

He glanced around the room - still unable to find an actual ghost - before looking back at Silver.

"And I'm staring at you because you appeared out of nowhere," he said with a celebrity smile that had been perfected over years of practice. "It's a little hard not to."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:13 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

"well,thats reasonable but....its like theya re staring at my eyes mostly.." silver covered his eyes with his hood

"so....want me to sniff it out?" silver pointed to his nose "instead of creating fakes?"
The people of this world can only give you useless opinions of yourself. don't listen to them, instead live your life like the 10 you are.

95 Reviews

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:37 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Marciella barely moved to acknowledge the newcomer beyond a final glance. Instead, she looked to the man she'd dubbed a showman in her head. An actor. She doubted he'd seen anything real in a long, long time, if ever.

"And how do you deal with them on your show?" she asked, still careful to only sound curious.

he/they

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:51 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

silver looked closely at Marciella's eyes

"you are...Marciella right?" Silver moved his hand towards her "i'm Silver Erementaru"

95 Reviews

Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:04 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She eyed him, "It's a pleasure to meet you," she said curtly, then returned to awaiting the answer to her question.

he/they

Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:07 am
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

Spoiler! :
lol she doesnt even ask how i know her name?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:17 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

Tara wasn't sure what to make of the newcomer. He seemed a little bit skeevy. Then again, she supposed she always more or less unsure around new people. Reyes seemed weird but harmless. She hadn't made up her mind about the other woman yet. Still, Reyes was telling her stories about fighting ghosts, and he had to be embellishing at the very least. Okay, Gilderoy Lockhart, she thought.

She couldn't wait to tell Heather about all of this.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:56 am
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

Silver glanced at Tara "im not 'skeevy' okay? i'm just experienced"

Silvers eyes glowed from under his cloak-like trench coat "okay?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:08 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Tara calling Reyes weird but harmless makes me want to laugh - especially with that comparison to Lockhart! :P

Also, something tells me that Silver might be a little telepathic, seeing that he knows Marciella's name and responded to something that Tara thought in her head!

Reyes was beginning to think that this was going to be more difficult than he had originally anticipated - Marciella was asking questions he couldn't easily answer, and Silver just felt wrong. Part of him wanted to check beyond what he could just normally see, but he was scared of what he would see if he looked closer.

"From my experience," Reyes said, leaning more into his persona to avoid facing the growing knot of worry in his chest, "it's difficult to smell ghosts. Ghosts aren't like the living - they have no smell."

They did, to some extent, but it wasn't something that could easily be noticed. Reyes knew that he was treading a very, very fine line, but there wasn't really ghosts in here. If they were, they were doing a very good job of hiding.

He turned to Marciella again.

"I used everything you would expect," he said. "Holy water, exorcisms, salt circles - if it was on Supernatural, it works in real life."

More lies, but he doubted she was going to directly call him out on them.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:15 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

"well i cant smell them them but their residue like demons and sulfur" silver looked at reyes expecting him to say something

"ya see i've been this since 10 years of age"

95 Reviews

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:32 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Marciella rolled her eyes, "None of those things actually work," she said, exasperated, "Perhaps they might delay a spirit for a time, but hardly more than a few minutes-" she cut herself off, you foolish human, she was going to say. She walked it off, as though that had been the intended end to her sentence.

he/they

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:38 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

Silver would softly grab Marciella's shoulder"and where are you headed miss?"

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:42 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

Spoiler! :
btw silver is not telepathic he creates mind links where people can read his thoughts and he can hear theirs

Poetry lies its way to the truth.
— John Ciardi