z

Young Writers Society

The Ghost Hunt

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:54 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She resisted the urge to shrug him off. "That's none of your concern," she said as politely as she could muster.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
We should probably give @Elinor a chance to respond. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Reviews: 1
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:11 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

"and who says its not?" Silvers hand was ice cold

"i think ya might wanna be near an actual expert of this stuff" Silver looked back to reyes and whispered "instead of a fake"
The people of this world can only give you useless opinions of yourself. don't listen to them, instead live your life like the 10 you are.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:12 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Tara was getting tired of carrying her broom. Why had she thought to bring it? It's not like you ever really saw Samantha riding on a broom except in the opening credits, even if she talked about doing it a lot. She always supposed watching it that they didn't have the budget to do those effects in 1964.

She supposed she could leave it in the house. She doubted anyone would take it, and even if someone did, she could easily replace it. She wasn't about to carry it around all night.

"I'm just going to leave this here," she said to the others. She was getting tired of listening to Reyes' embellished stories but couldn't think of a way to change the subject without being rude.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:21 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Spoiler! :
Also a cool little thing, when I joined this RP I was trying to think of what Tara would have gone as for Halloween. I remembered Bewitched. which I'd watched one episode of in one of my film classes years ago and remembered liking it. I'd always wanted to watch more but never did. I was inspired and ended up treating myself and buying the first season to get into the Halloween spirit. It's really good, and I just think it's so cool that this RP inspired me to watch it!

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:31 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
That's really cool! I've never seen it before, but this roleplay is definitely making me intrigued by it. :)

Before he could respond to Tara, two things happened: their flashlights flickered and went out, and a ghost appeared to the back of the room. He noticed the ghost just as the flashlights flickered - a quick movement in the darkness. He zeroed in on everything: the neatly brushed dark brown hair, the tired green eyes with bags underneath them, the hospital gown and the little bracelet with the gaming controller on it. She looked out of place among them, and her pale, sickly frame was the only confirmation he needed to know that she was dead.

A chill fell on the group.

He looked around wildly for its source, but there wasn't anything that stood out. There had just been the girl - the girl who, by the rules of ghosts as he knew them, couldn't have been responsible for something like this. Yet she had vanished into thin air, just like those ghosts always did, and he couldn't find any way for her to escape when he rushed to where she had been standing.

Where...?

The windows started rattling, and the doorknob to the building's only clear exit shook with its door.

The girl flickered to life right in front of him again.

He reached out a hand to touch her, but his hand went right through.

"Go," she said, her voice loud and clear over the building's shaking.

And then she was gone again, taking with her the chaos that had briefly engulfed the apparently haunted house.

He stared down at his hand.

"It doesn't make any sense," he said. "How...?"

Spoiler! :
If anyone tries to leave the house through the front door, they'll find that it's locked with no way of unlocking. They also won't be able to escape through other exits - like the windows.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:43 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Marciella backed into the wall when she saw the girl and remained there, frozen. It was a moment after she left before she though to heed her instruction. She rushed to the front door and found it locked. She closed her eyes. A human lock, engineering, a simple spell. She tapped into the foreign magic of this world, or tried to. It wasn't listening to her. It required something else, another language, some ritual or something she didn't know. She internally cursed and focused on the lock. Focused on herself. She had some magic of her own, a residue of sorts from her own world. It was weak and exhaustible, but there. She tried that and....Nothing. The door was still locked.

She turned, jaw clenched, to the others. Took a steadying breath. Don't blame them, she reminded herself, You came here of your own accord, these are your allies. When her eyes opened again, they were more noticeably red than they had been before, though she didn't know that.

"Sir," she said to the showman, so, so very calm, "Do you have a solution to this problem?"
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:44 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Spoiler! :
It's about a girl who's a witch but decides she wants to give it up to be with the man she loves, who happens to be a mortal. When they get married she realizes she likes using magic too much to give it up entirely, and hijinx ensue with her parents/witch friends who would rather she be married to a warlock. Stuck between the two worlds, so like Sabrina Spellman but better. If you ever want to watch it PM me!

I'll also reply to this in character later. I'm about to head out but I want to be sure to spend time on it!

-- Walt Disney

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:52 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

Silver's ears twitch "that...was....informational...."silver would smile "time to track"
The people of this world can only give you useless opinions of yourself. don't listen to them, instead live your life like the 10 you are.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:06 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

Spoiler! :
hey Magestorrow can u get on Eagle Height Pls

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I will soon! :) I'm just not sure who to use for it yet, so I'll post in there tomorrow.
mage

queer and here.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:26 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

Spoiler! :
okay thanks

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:43 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

Tara felt her heart pound. She couldn't have been the only one to have seen the girl. Judging by the reactions of the others, she hadn't been. Even Reyes seemed scared, and she had a sinking feeling that he wouldn't be of much help.

This was where she drew the line. She needed to get out of here. Only one problem. The door was locked.

-- Walt Disney

Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:44 pm
View Likes
Silverthefox2 says...

Silver would sniff around "i can smell the residue"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:08 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I couldn't touch her," Reyes said - still staring down at his hand. He tentatively reached his hand out into the air that the girl had been standing in seconds before, but there wasn't anything there. Part of him had known that, but he was just too shocked to realize it. "She was right there, and I couldn't touch her. I should have been able to touch her. Why wasn't I able to touch her?"

Then Marciella's question registered, and Reyes turned her looking like he had just seen a ghost. "We need to..." He faltered, because he wasn't sure what they needed to do. There were certain ways you dealt with certain kinds of ghosts, and the ghost they just saw was nothing like what he knew of.
mage

queer and here.

I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
— Flannery O'Connor