Becoming the Costume

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:29 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@Riellehn, do you want to post next? We still haven't gotten an introduction from Revier. I'm not sure if Revier can really talk, but maybe there's some way he can communicate with the rest of the group?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:15 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Spoiler! :
Barry joins the rp! He's basically a college student who does online courses and makes a living off of his art commissions and a job at the local pizza place. In this rp, he looks like a wolfgirl due to reasons that will be revealed during the actual post. Here's a picture: Image

Barry stared at his screen, on which a video call was ongoing with two other people.
"You're telling me I spent all this time on this, and the character isn't even a catgirl?"
"No, she's...according to google here, a wolf girl -- very different; you should have done your research."
"Try telling me that again when you actually know how to summon a Wither in Minecraft." Barry replied, already adjusting some of his outfit to make it easier to take off.
"Hey, I'm trying my best!" The guy replied. The other person was nearly doubled over in a fit of laughter.
"Guys, calm down," she said between giggles, "At least he held up his side of the bet."
Barry sighed. "I'm going to go take this off; be back in a few."
"Alrighty-"

And as Barry was walking to his room to change, he found himself in a graveyard. And with an oddly familiar feeling of losing and gaining certain biological parts of his body.
He closed his eyes.
"Not again not again not again...." he muttered to himself, before looking down.
Yes, as it turns out, he was indeed now a "wolf girl" as Jamie had so eloquently put it. His voice was higher too and, though he hated to say it, he was used to that part as well.
"At least I'm hot," he offhandedly mentioned, checking himself out in a stray puddle.
"Alrighty; where's the others that are probably also stuck in this situation?" he asked himself, before noticing a group of strange caricatures off on the other side of the cemetery.
"Ah."
He began walking, the tail behind him swishing in a natural way he didn't expect to be so natural.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:46 pm
View Likes
sylrie says...

Revier was still getting used to his new body as he watched the two - three? - reacquaint themselves with each other. He was starting to get used to how his body was in constant movement, how he seemed to be more sensitive to sounds and movements, and to the living beings around him.

If only he could speak.

It wasn't likely that he could speak through another another being, like the ghost could; some part of him felt that he could achieve such a thing, but it felt too much like that aspect wished to take over rather than work through. He stopped considering it.

His other option would require practice with the vines, and he needed a way to introduce himself. Perhaps something to write with. He didn't have a pencil, but could he make one? A quick test revealed that he could, to a certain degree; a small twig sprouted from his palm. It couldn't write, not yet at least.

He looked around at the others, wondering who could help, when his eyes fell upon the horseman; specifically, upon the flame in the head. Despite most everything being general shades of white, the flame was bright red, signaling danger. Still, with the small twig and a flame...

He approached Télos, thankful that he could produce a variety of growths as flowers grew from various spots. He hoped that they would process it as a signal that his intentions were benign...and that it wouldn't hurt to use the flame in the horseman's jack-o-lantern.
Lost, not aimless. I know where I need to go, I just...don't know how to get there yet.
(they/them)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:18 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It was only when Liz stiffened beside him that Télos noticed that the vine person was approaching - the newcomer, farther off, was left completely unnoticed as Télos watched the still unnamed vine person. He wasn't really fazed by it, even if he should have been. He had never seen anyone like them before, but Télos was used to strange things in his world - skeletons that could talk and walk, tall and scaly endermen, decaying pigmen and things that he knew Liz and Lex's world weren't supposed to have.

And the blossoming flowers definitely helped prove his point.

"Hi," Télos said, wishing he could give a grin. They were kind of alike, now that he thought about it. Both of them were suddenly weird mixes of person and plant, though Télos was quickly realizing he had gotten the better end of this situation.

Liz suddenly ducked behind him.

"Liz, it's okay," Lex reassured her, but she refused to get out from behind Télos. He tried not to think about how his chosen was now a ghost, but the thought still made him stiffen and shiver. "I don't think they want to hurt us."

"They haven't said anything," Liz protested, her voice quiet as she almost comically peeked over Télos' shoulder. "We don't know that for certain."

"I don't think they can say anything," Télos guessed, trying - and failing - to get a good look back at Liz. He gave up and went back to look at the vine person. "It doesn't look like they have a mouth."

"Kratzer's a fox and he can talk," Liz argued.

"...Different costume?" Télos suggested.

"I don't think there's really any rules right now," Lex said. "We've all been turned into our costumes - anything else is fair game."

Spoiler! :
I just realized that this probably isn't clear in this post, but it's probably hard to tell if Lex or Liz is talking. Télos can tell because he's good at recognizing Lex's expressions and the way he talks, but other characters would struggle to do the same.
mage

queer and here.

13 Reviews

Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:11 pm
View Likes
sylrie says...

Revier was thankful that he trusted him, but he hoped he would be okay with what came next. He took the small twig he had made and, with one final silent plead that the horseman would stay still, he cautiously held the end of the twig over the flame, wincing a little as it caught fire.

He pulled it back out, no longer concerned with how the man felt about that because he had what he needed; a twig whose tip had been reduced to charcoal. In other words, a makeshift pencil.

Looking around, he then figured out his next step; after a bit of conscious effort, he managed to create a larger piece of wood, about the size of a piece of paper. The effort made him rather tired, but he had what he needed. Pencil and paper, or at least very makeshift versions of the tools.

After a bit of hurried writing, he flipped the piece of wood around. The writing wasn't nearly as neat as his usual, but it was at least partially legible.

My name is Revier was all it said.
Lost, not aimless. I know where I need to go, I just...don't know how to get there yet.
(they/them)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:46 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos flinched a little out of habit when the vine person extended the twig, but relaxed when he realized what they were trying to do. Even Liz seemed a little less frightened than before - she peeked more over his shoulder.

"That's cool," she whispered, childish awe to her voice as the vine person (quickly revealed to be named Revier) created a piece of wood and wrote on it. There was a pause before Lex made her step out from behind Télos, but the god couldn't see any protest on Liz's part.

There was a pause. It seemed like Lex and Liz were trying to figure out who would take control next, though they didn't exactly have a conversation about it.

"Do you need something bigger to write on?" Liz asked, straightening a little. A slightly uncomfortable look flickered across her face as she glanced off in the distance - courtesy of Lex. She raised a hand up and pointed towards more graves. "There's, uh, a grave there that I don't think the owner would mind you using."

The horse Télos had come over with - and the horse he had forgotten - gave a neigh from beside Amy. Télos wasn't really sure if that neigh was supposed to mean anything, but the sudden noise matched how startled he felt at the comment.
mage

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:00 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Amy was in her own world. There was a large group of various mismatched characters. She was sure she'd wake up any minute back at Henry's house, having drunk far too much. She wondered what Tara was up to. It had been a while since they'd spoken but she was sure they could swap stories at Thanksgiving.

"So we're all our costumes," Amy said. "Why us?"

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:48 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Sasha, snapping back into reality, agreed with Amy. "I kinda want to... Go back home. And sleep. Trick or treating isn't the first thing on my mind anymore." she said, her voice echoing again in her empty body.

She shuffled on the spot, and her bones rattled.

"Nice to, uh, meet all of you, by the way." she muttered, pursing her lips, but all that happened was her bones being crushed together (and the distributing sound of a crunch).
*insert quirky signature here*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@Riellehn, do you want to post again before I do since Liz asked Revier a question?
mage

queer and here.

13 Reviews

Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:45 am
View Likes
sylrie says...

Spoiler! :
Sure ^-^

Revier seemed to consider the thought, but shook his head.

'Unnecessary," he wrote. It was smaller this time, to save room. 'And not as portable.'

He also felt there was something wrong in defacing a tombstone, but he didn't mention that; this entire situation was just one whole mess of wrongness, and only once they were returned to normal would that be fixed.
(they/them)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:12 am
Mageheart says...

Liz gave an awkward, small smile.

"Okay," she said. "The offer, um, still stands if you change your mind..."

Rubbing the back of her neck - in a way almost eerily similar to how Télos usually did it, when he actually had a neck to rub - Liz turned her attention back to Amy. Télos decided it would probably be better to do that than focus on how Liz had definitely offered her own grave up a few moments before, so he quickly followed suit.

"I don't know if there's really a reason," Télos said. He frowned, only to remember that he couldn't actually frown a second later. "The first time I ended up in a situation like this, there wasn't a reason why I was specifically picked for it."

Liz - and Lex, probably - gave a nod in agreement.

"That was the same with me," Liz said.
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:33 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Barry, by this point, was within earshot of the group, and so he called out to them.
"Hey!" he called, his new, feminine voice messing with him slightly, but he figured he'd get used to it soon, "Are you guys stuck here too?" he added as he came closer, waving to the group.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:37 pm
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
nudges roleplay
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:40 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Spoiler! :
dont nudge me i replied
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:26 pm
Mageheart says...

Liz and Lex turned when they heard the newcomer approach - though Liz wasn't really sure if her or Lex had done the turning. She was starting to understand what it had been like for Aleks and Lex when she had first met them. It was strange sharing her body with another person, but it wasn't hard to fall into a kind of rhythm.

"I'm not sure if we're stuck in this graveyard," she admitted, "but we were brought here without warning."

She paused, glanced around at the group, and then turned back to the newcomer.

"...I'm guessing you're stuck as your costume, too."
mage

queer and here.

The adjective should reinvent the noun.
— Leslie Norris