Becoming the Costume

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@Liberty, @Elinor, @Riellehn, @RaidenCheese, and @Featherstone, who wants to post next?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:23 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

"There has to be a way out of this," Amy said. "I could find help. I can fly."

She thought about how ridiculous the words sounded as soon as they left her mouth. Nobody replied. They simply stared at her. Did she really look that odd? Odder than the walking skeleton?

"We have to find out why we're here, exactly."

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:03 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"There's just one problem," Lex said, crossing Liz's arms as he looked the group over. Télos wasn't exactly sure what that problem was, but this was Earth. He had only been here one time, and that time hadn't been the most enlightening - especially for a situation like this. "We're on Earth."

"...How is that a problem?" Télos hesitantly asked.

"Earth doesn't have things like this," Lex said.

There was a pause.

The expression on Liz's face shifted - it was definitely Liz in control again. "It is Halloween," she slowly said, glancing around at everyone. "As long as none of us do anything out of the ordinary, I bet we could pass as having really realistic costumes."

"...Sasha's a skeleton," Lex pointed out.

"Umm..." She faltered. "Sasha can pretend to be a Halloween decoration, or maybe a really realistic robot that someone's remotely speaking through?"
mage

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:10 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

"Most people will probably be drunk to notice," said Amy. She was starting to get agitated. "Drunk to notice that we're not wearing costumes."

Amy took a deep breath. Why were these people so placid? Her students were more engaged in conversation than this.

"Unless we think we're going to figure this out in the graveyard."

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:19 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"People get drunk on Halloween?" Télos asked - right at the same time that Liz did. The two of them shared an awkward look, though most of the god's awkwardness was lost thanks to having a pumpkin for a head. "I never heard of that before."

"Me either," she said. She faltered. "My last official Halloween was when I was twelve, though, so I guess I'm not the best person to be talking about Halloween traditions."

Lex cleared Liz's throat.

Télos and Liz both faltered at the noise, realizing that the drunk part really wasn't the most important part of this conversation.
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:31 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Barry rubbed at his chin.
"Well, if we leave this graveyard, we can always say we're a traveling group of...magicians and we got seperated from our group. We were making our way to a halloween show, and...then we got lost?" he tried. His ears flicked uncertainly, as he looked over at the others for a response. He wasn't sure what else they could do in such a scenario.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:25 pm
View Likes
sylrie says...

Revier, when the conversation had turned to leaving the graveyard, had started to write something on his makeshift board. Only now did he flip it over.

'This started when we all entered the graveyard, no?' he wrote. 'Surely that must imply that what started this is somewhere in the graveyard. Even if we leave the graveyard and our problem magically fixes itself, I feel as though we have a moral obligation to try and stop this from happening to someone else.'
Lost, not aimless. I know where I need to go, I just...don't know how to get there yet.
(they/them)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:43 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I don't know," Lex uncertainly said. "Liz and I didn't see anyone when we came over here - I think the graveyard is empty besides us."

"We can always worry about excuses later," Liz helpfully added. "We have a good idea of what to do if someone looks a little too close at us, so we should be good."

Télos glanced at the other members of the group. If there weren't any other objections, it looked like they'd finally be moving away from the graveyard.

Télos grinned - or tried to, at least. He kept forgetting he couldn't actually give a grin with a pumpkin for a head.

"Let's go, then," Télos said, marching off towards the graveyard's only exit. His horse gave a neigh in agreement, and followed in Liz/Lex's footsteps when they went rushing after him.

Spoiler! :

This dream that we thought we were safe to forget, to bury and say our adieus

On the Day of the Fool, Death will turn a blind eye, and Yorick will dust off his shoes

When the Reaper lays down his terrible scythe to follow the warm weather west

Yorick, put back on your dancing shoes,

and rise up to call forth the next.

mage

queer and here.

gonna be honest, i dont believe in the moon
— sheyren