Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:09 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Monster Mash!

A Saeverse Production

Spooktober 2019

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

Historically, monsters have spent the holidays - or, more specifically, holiday - terrorizing the humans in their local neighborhood. But while this usually gained some level of respect back in the day, the current views in most realities has shifted. Terrorizing humans draws unnecessary attention that can lead to stubborn press, hunters (internet sensations or otherwise) and, perhaps worst of all, a lack of respect.

So monsters have found a new fun and exciting way to enjoy Halloween.

Parties.

There's a decent amount that lead up to Halloween, but today is the biggest and most impressive of all. By some stroke of luck, you've managed to score an invitation. Congratulations! You're in for a horror-filled night of fun. Just come to the abandoned mansion on the corner of the street. You know the one, don't you? If you don't, it's sure to show itself.

( The rules for this roleplay are pretty simple: any nonhuman is invited to attend the party, and you're free to have as many characters in this as you want. Humans with some kind of special ability that's traditionally spooky - like a witch - are also able to take part in the festivities, but you're encouraged to have some more nonhuman characters involved! )
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:45 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I'll probably be adding more characters in the future, but here's my starting two!

Kate: Everything about her appearance pops. She has bright blue hair cut into a cute bob, and has two different color eyes. One of them is pink, while the other is a light purple. She's on the slightly short side for her age - which, though people suspect she's somewhere in her twenties, they can't actually determine. Her outfit is just as eccentric as her eyes and hair. She's wearing a pink, collared and buttoned up dress with tall black boots and a witch hat. The witch hat has a purple band around it, and a little skull charm off to the side of the front.

Tobias: A young man in his early twenties. He has long black hair and eyes that are so dark that they can be seen as black in some lights. His skin is considerably pale - it's clear he's not often out in the sun. He's currently wearing an all black suit like the one down below.

The two stood in the center of the room, eying the party before them.

Or the beginnings of a party, at least - they were the only partygoers to have arrived so far, and she had the unfair advantage of being the host. Still, everything was going to plan.

Any needs were accounted for: a pool for the more aquatic guests, some blood and fresh meat, and, of course, a hearty supply of natural magic for those who had to tap into something that was already there. If something did take her by surprise, she had a plethora of spells at her disposal.

The aesthetic was doing great, too. People often blamed her boss/friend/coworker (?) for their workplace's aesthetic, but anyone who actually spent time there knew who the real culprit. Flying old couches, skeletons in historical costumes, grandfather clocks, and suits of armor littering the numerous tunnels that broke off from the main ballroom set the eerie mood befitting any good Halloween experience. For the fun part of the night, there was the pumpkin disco ball, spooky dance floor, and a juice bar littered with fake little Halloween decorations - eyeballs, little plastic spiders and the occasional little pumpkin.

And, of course, she had summoned an absolutely horrible thunderstorm outside, so it really did feel cozy hanging out by the roaring fire in the brick fireplace.

She spun around to face her best friend, a little skip to her step as she thought about all of the fun that they were going to have this night. It had been awhile since she had last hosted one of these - she couldn't even remember what year at this point.

She found him nervously fiddling with one of his cuffs.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

He studied his suit.

"...I'm not sure I belong at this party," he quietly said. She frowned at his comment, head tilting just enough for her hat to start slipping off.

(A quick spell fixed it to its rightful place.)

"Of course you do!" she reassured him. "It's my party this year, and I invited you - and you fit the criteria, too."

He looked unconvinced. "...I don't think I do."

"I fit the criteria," she pointed out.

He shook his head.

"You're different," he hesitantly argued. "You're more like them than I'll ever be."

The frown deepened, only to be replaced by a big grin.

"Then we'll just have to find you a reaper to chat with, then!" she said. She grabbed onto his arm and gave it a tight, reassuring squeeze. "Let's hit up the juice bar - I managed to convince an awesome bartender for tonight, so I'm sure we'll find something you like, Toby!"

"...Please don't call me that."

She started dragging him over to the juice bar. "I thought you liked that name," she said.

He shook his head. "...I like Tobias better right now."

She mulled it over. "It does fit you more," she agreed, "and it works really well when you add it with our boss-"

She suddenly skid to a stop.

"I almost forgot!" she exclaimed, spinning around to face him again. "He might be coming to the party tonight - I hope he does. He hasn't gotten out much lately, and he definitely needs it."

She looked him over.

"...You both need it," she amended.

He didn't argue with that.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:36 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Spoiler! :
Lady Marciella Filis: She would appear racially ambiguous to anyone on Earth, with chocolate-colored skin and shoulder-length wavy black hair, but would otherwise look just a little...off. She has marks on her collar bone like thin white scars when she's above water, but actually open up and act as gills when she needs to breathe under the surface. Her eyes, dark brown at first glance, are really a deep share of red which, combined with her sharp, almost sharklike, teeth, help to convey the message that she isn't exactly human. That message doesn't need sending so much when she adopts her inhuman form, however. The fish tail and long dorsal fins do that just fine.

She wears strange clothing consisting of a belt over a full suit of overlapping grey and purple fabric that ends about halfway down her tail when she's in her aquatic form and becomes a sort of full catsuit when she's closer to human in appearance, with two lengths of fabric like half a layered skirt hanging off one side, the top one being bright orange to match the half-cape hanging down on the opposite side from her shoulder, with a sun and moon insignia woven atop it in the same purple as the other parts of her outfit.

She didn't mean to sneak up on them, but the pair at the juice bar seemed distracted when she came in. They were having a conversation of their own which she, against her greater instincts, ignored.

She took the moments before she was noticed to look over the party. Relief flooded her when she saw the pool, but no such emotion showed on her face. Her dried out, aching skin could wait a few more minutes. Regardless, it was nice to know she'd be able to escape the constraints of gravity and the sheer amount of oxygen in the air momentarily.

She peeled her eyes away from the water and gave the rest of the party a passing glance. It wasn't bad. Perhaps not as good as some of the celebrations thrown by her cousins in the east, but, for obvious reasons, cliffdiving wasn't exactly an option here, and neither were any of the associated forms of entertainment.

The pair looked human, so she put on a closed-lipped smile in an imitation of the ever so human gesture of happiness and good faith. It was strange, really, baring one's teeth as a sign of good faith, but it wasn't her place to judge. That wasn't to say she didn't, just that it wasn't her place.

She clasped her hands before her and finally spoke up, "Hello."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:31 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

...He almost felt bad for the guest when Kate turned her attention to the woman. Kate's heterochromatic eyes lit up the moment she got a good look at the guest, and a smile began to spread across her face. Part of him wondered what exactly she was, but he didn't bother to check. It wasn't important right now, and he didn't want to cause potential conflict.

"Hello!" Kate cheerfully exclaimed, giving an excited little wave. "I'm Kate, and this is Tobias-"

She paused, leaned in a little closer, and studied the woman's neck.

"Are those gills?" she asked, eyes lighting up even more. He moved to pull her back a little, but she wasn't budging. "Oh. I get it - you're one of the mer, aren't you? I hope you like the pool. Let me know what you think of the water quality when you get in it - I'm not sure if it's good enough, but I have some spells on hand that can help with that."
mage

queer and here.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:41 pm
View Likes
sylrie says...

Spoiler! :
If you don't mind, may I make the bartender? The idea I had would be awkward for normal partying, but would make a pretty good bartender
Lost, not aimless. I know where I need to go, I just...don't know how to get there yet.
(they/them)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:45 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I actually had a character in mind for the bartender, but what were your plans?
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:47 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She blinked and took a startled step back. Kate was...something. Marciella kept her polite smile and dipped her head respectfully, "It is a pleasure to meet you," she said, "I am Lady Marciella Filis of Freyellot. Yes, I am mer, and I'm sure that the pool will be acceptable." Perhaps she was being too formal. This was supposed to be a party, and neither of the two presumed hosts had bothered with such things.

She blushed slightly, realizing that, yes, by all logic she should have been a little more casual, and dismissed herself.

She sat at the pool's edge for a moment and tested the water first with her hand - if the water contained something damaging her feet weren't worth risking. She should just grow another hand, a foot or corresponding fin? Not so much - and dubbed it safe to enter. The moment she was submerged, the flesh of her legs knitted together and extended into her fins. She switched back to her gills for a moment, just long enough to clear her head after a long day of breathing the thin, oxygen-rich air of the surface before swimming back up. It was rude, after all, to remain at the bottom of the pool when your hosts, and likely the other guests, were land-dwelling.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

13 Reviews

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:48 pm
View Likes
sylrie says...

Spoiler! :
If you had a plan, yours was probably better ^^'
My idea was a finely dressed fellow who is, essentially, a literal puppet to a being that can't quite be seen. Again, yours is probably a better idea
Lost, not aimless. I know where I need to go, I just...don't know how to get there yet.
(they/them)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
That's a really interesting idea! I know you're not sure if the puppet would fit in with a party, but I think the puppet would do great as a guest. <3
mage

queer and here.

13 Reviews

Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:28 am
View Likes
sylrie says...

Spoiler! :
Tep, if given very little attention, could pass as human. However, closer inspection reveals that they very much are not human; not that such a thing matters here. They're rather androgynous in appearance; rather thin, softer features, shoulder length hair pulled back into a ponytail. Their skin is caught in a sort of unnatural color, as though it were trying to be a relatively tan white, but someone put a bit of grey in it. Their eyes are an unnatural shade of grass green, and their hair is completely white. They wear a tan ascot cap, a formal tan vest, white undershirt, red tie, and tan dress pants with black dress shoes.

Tep had been quite surprised when they had received an invitation. Normally they weren't invited to this type of event; they always managed to frighten those who could see that which is normally invisible. Not that they minded; they were quite proud of the fact that they were still as terrifying as they were long ago, even to fellow monsters and mages.

So of course they would join the party.

Top walked through the doors, looking around curiously. They noted the severe lack of people who had shown up. Unfortunate, really. However, that meant they could be a bit more gluttonous than they usually were with the natural magic; it had been a while since they had seen such a large quantity of the stuff.

They noticed the mer, then the two at the juice bar. They figured they'd have a better chance finding the host by approaching the two at the bar, so they approached the two. Their movements were abnormally stiff, and they had impeccable posture. Their eyes were seemed rather vacant, however.

When they spoke, their mouth did not move, and the artificially smooth voice came from somewhere above. "Hello there. I'm assuming one of you is the host?"
(they/them)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:27 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

While Kate eagerly took a step forward and stuck out a hand, Tobias lingered behind - studying the newcomer with interest. He had never been shown the list of invitees. Kate had said she would eventually, but they both forgot to do it with work. Tobias didn't like to cause trouble, and wasn't going to look at the newcomer's soul. But he was going to try making a guess or two on what exactly the newcomer was.

"That would be me," Kate said, giving a grin. "I'm Kate, and this is my best friend Tobias - Lady Marciella Filis of Freyellot is the mer over in the pool."
mage

queer and here.

13 Reviews

Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:40 am
View Likes
sylrie says...

There was a soft hum from above, and they shook Kate's hand. The handshake, just like most of their movements thus far, was stiff.

"Hello Kate, hello Tobias," they replied. "A pleasure to meet you both. And I must thank you for the invite; it's been a while since I've come to one of these.
(they/them)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:56 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"You're welcome," she said, the grin growing a little bigger. "It's been awhile since I hosted one, so I wanted to invite everyone I possibly could!"

She glanced around the room.

"Right now there's barely anyone here, but more people should be coming soon," she added.
mage

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:02 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Spoiler! :
Rowenna Silver Dracula:
Looks:
White skin, red and black hair hanging to her waist, wearing a bright red bodice with black lace on the collar, criss-crossing down the front. Black pants with red metal studs down the sides. Black knee high boots with the image of a majestic wolf on the toes, and a bat on the heels. A carved face, perfect jaw, high cheekbones, slanted blue eyes, a Grecian nose and has a long, lithe figure. Height: 5'7"

Rowenna opened the door and walked in, eying everyone carefully. She was surprised when she got the invitation, but very excited. For the most part, she kept to herself, rarely leaving the castle. She was very curious about who and what she would meet. She was shy, so she had absolutely no intention of walking up and introducing herself. There was already a small group at the bar.
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:06 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Spoiler! :
ImageImageImage

Baba the Scarecrow child did not come through the door. They may not have even been invited. They simply erupted from a dusty trapdoor under the rug, and wriggled out underneath it. Or tried to. Someone was standing on top. Baba bumped into them a few more times before they finally escaped, and found themself looking up at a pale vampire woman, covered in lace.

“Hiya!” said Baba. “Sorry to bump into ya. I’m Baba. Is this the party?”

________

Bettie the demon pop idol stepped out of her shiny black limo, and was struck by a bolt of lightning. She caught the bolt in her hand, and smiled at her palm, her eyelids never lifting from their contented droop. She stuffed it in her mouth. It crackled and fizzled in her cheeks. She burped. Her hand shot up to cover her mouth. She looked left. She looked right. She sighed in relief, and chuckled.

Bettie walked to the door with a queenly strut, and entered as though she were on film from five angles.

"Hello hello, my dears," she said, to the hosts, to the guests, to anyone who was listening to her, "Lovely to be here. Thank you."

Bettie twirled around to survey the room, charmed, but not too charmed.

"Love the decor, these skeletons are so sweet, wouldn't you agree, Guy? -Guy?"

Bettie noticed that she was alone, and frowned. She poked her head back out the door. "GUY!" She snapped.

Her date, who had been texting languidly in the limo, sighed up the steps, and into the room. He didn't really sigh, but he looked like one.

Guy Lyner, angel-demon hybrid, frontman of a glam emo band, lover of excessive spikes and buckles, meekly approached the hosts.

"Sup." he said, his voice unexpectedly quiet for someone who dressed so loudly. "Yeah, this place is pretty neat." He'd said it to be polite, but when he did take a moment to take in the surroundings, it was a genuine smile that softened his gloomy face. This was exactly his kind of haunt.

The two couldn't look more different standing next to each other. Bettie was pink, and Guy was grey. Her eyelids drooped with sultry playfulness, his drooped with melancholy. They weren't even really dating. But they did share a fondness for tight clothing and heavy eyeliner. That was enough.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

you should no this
— Hijinks