z

Young Writers Society

Monster Mash!

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:37 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Marciella didn't flinch. She was quite proud of the fact that she didn't flinch.

"It sounds as though you have an intriguing family history," she commented. It was usually an inoffensive thing to say and an easy way to give an opportunity for conversation.

In a decision she would later regret rather completely, she decided to shift back to her more human form, her fins shrank into her body and her legs emerged, once again clothed, as though they had simply been inside her tail the whole time. That wasn't the case, but it was the illusion.

She did this so she could stand beside Baba and Rowena rather than forcing them to look down on her awkwardly by the poolside.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:22 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

"Thank you." Rowenna said, smiling fully at Marciella. "That was really cool by the way."
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

95 Reviews

Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:30 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Thank you," she responded, then thought for a moment, "If you're nearly immortal, I assume it would be pointless to wager a guess at your true age?"

he/they

162 Reviews

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:04 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Rowenna shook her head. "No, it wouldn't be. I am a very, very young vampire. Experienced and the most dangerous in my family since quite a long time, but still young."

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:22 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Paul leaned half on Carter and half on his walking stick, and the deputy guided the two of them across the floor. He sat the pair down on a bench by the small pool where there were multiple people were talking. This was one of the first events he had been to where he knew absolutely no one.

Carter was slightly put off by this and began to worry about what might happen.

"Carter, do you mind getting us something to drink while I rest my legs?" Paul asked with a hand still gripped around Carter's bicep.
The deputy loomed over him even more at this height, kissing the magician lightly on the forward, and returning with another question.
"What would you like my darling?"

They both turned to survey the bar. It seemed cluttered with mainly non-alcoholic options, probably keeping in mind the wild crowds that were forming. Doubt seemed to form with both members of the party.

With a cough Carter said, "Maybe I'll just try to find us a nice cider that's been sitting in the barrel for too long?"

He took up from the bench to approach the rest of the room, lighting another cigarette when walking through the crowds. Hopefully he could make it back across the room with no issue.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

162 Reviews

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:59 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Rowenna narrowed her eyes as a man walked across the room. Smoke from his cigarette trailed behind him. He was looking for some sort of alcoholic drink. What was it with humans and that thing they called Alcohol?

95 Reviews

Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:00 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Marciella made note of the pair who came near her group, but was careful not to stare. She instead nodded to Rowena, "I'm newly nineteen myself," she said, "Yourself?"

he/they

162 Reviews

Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:25 am
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

"Seventeen." Rowenna replied, flashing a quick smile.

95 Reviews

Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:30 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She had to remind herself to return the smile. Human traditions with her then for sure.

"And your occupation?" she asked, attempting to keep up the conversation.

he/they

162 Reviews

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:05 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

"What do you mean by that?" Rowenna asked, looking confused. "If you mean the thing humans call a job....no, I do not have one."

95 Reviews

Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:12 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"You don't have one?" she frowned, "Is your family wealthy?"

he/they

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:02 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Baba sat cross legged, and leaned in. Baba was learning a lot.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

162 Reviews

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:20 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

If vampires were capable of blushing, Rowenna would have. "Extremely wealthy." She said quietly.

95 Reviews

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:26 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Marciella smiled. Humans were always smiling. Anything less and anger, resentment, sadness, or any other negative emotion would be assumed. It was exhausting.

"I see," she said, waited for a short pause, and turned her attention to Baba, "And you?" she asked, "Do you have a family to speak of?"

he/they

162 Reviews

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:48 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Rowenna nodded at Baba in encouragement. She was eager to hear about him.

Every empire tells itself and the world that it is unlike all other empires.
— Edward Said