z

Young Writers Society

Sugar Sweet Nightmare

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:38 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

"My worst fear is not classical literature. It is Moby Dick and Heart of the sea combined, because it is really freaking scary." Cleona said. "A Whale that kills, sinks and destroys and entire ship and crew! Who live on life boats for months and....and...." She shook her head. "You'll see." Cleona turned to the newcomer. "Who are you?"
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:05 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Awkwardly grinning, Taber took a step back, almost running into Thytes. Carter sounded just a tad blunt, but the wolf could work with that. Maybe. "Um, I'm not a punk," Taber said to Carter. "Don't you remember me? From that creepy abandoned restaurant?"
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:12 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Leaning against the nearest lamp post, Carter sighed while taking another drag off of his cigarette. He had been bouncing through parallel universes and different timelines for the past few years. This wolf would have to be more specific about a creepy abandoned restaurant.

"I know it might be hard to believe, Taber," he paused with a mischievous grin and asked, "it is Taber, isn't it, before I go anywhere else with this."

He turned to the girl still standing waiting for an answer and couldn't decide about which one he wanted to give her.
"Carter Lincoln. Sheriff's Department of Convington County, Alabama."

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

162 Reviews

Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:27 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Both of Cleona's eyebrows shot up. This guy was not going to have an easy time here. "Cleona. Welcome to my nightmare. Sorry I don't have a red carpet out for y'all." She looked up as the sun peeked over the horizon. "We need to go. Soon."

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:36 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Queenie turned to Cleona, "Go where?"

If she visited the same 'safe place' in her nightmares every time, Queenie would wager a guess that it would be best to avoid such places. Anywhere frequented by the owner of the nightmare wasn't likely to be safe in any way.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

299 Reviews

Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:11 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Um, it's not really hard to believe?" Taber said, gradually trailing off as he continued to talk. "Because I've had stuff like this happen a lot and I've run into the same people a few times before, so this is kinda ordinary, I guess?"

Thytes set a paw on the wolf's shoulder when the wolf paused to catch his breath. "Well, nice as it is to see you again, Carter, we had all best stop talking about where we met each other and get going," the lion said, voice slightly unsteady (which made Taber feel a tad calmer - neither of them knew quite what to say around Carter). "Wherever we need to, which I am sure the owner of this dream will be happy to tell us."

162 Reviews

Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:44 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Cleona shook her head. "There is no place that is safe. We either go to the meeting house or straight to the Essex." She looked at each one directly before continuing. "Because if you don't go straight onto the Essex, you will end up on it no matter what you do, and the longer you wait, the more brutal the trip onto the Essex is." She took a deep breath, steadying her heart rate. "I don't remember the Captain's name, but the first mate is Owen Chase. The work is hard, long and dangerous. This is a whaling ship in Victorian London."

299 Reviews

Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:17 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Could you define more brutal?" Thytes said. "If we have no better options, I would rather go to the Essex immediately, but I would like to know how going to the meeting house could end poorly for us."

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:31 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Carter nearly choked on his own cigarette smoke while hearing the girl explain the situation. The details weren't quite matching up. It was only a few things, but just enough for him to question the situation they were going through.

At least the group was stuck in someone else's nightmare.

While trying to find a nice way to question the running story, he asked, "Are you sure we're in Victorian London? And if we are, has the Essex become a ghost ship?" Under his breath, Carter continued, "It wouldn't be a complete ghost ship of the Essex without ghosts of the starving tortoises."

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

95 Reviews

Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:01 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Queenie looked to Cleona and awaited an answer. She didn't mind brutality. She was rather accustomed to it. After all, The Reaper wasn't always a clean killer. Neither was Queenie, but she could never bring herself to commit any of the absolutely soulless acts that that girl was known for.

he/they

162 Reviews

Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:19 am
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

"The Essex has not become a ghost ship! I just call this Victorian London because of the house style." Cleona started walking to the docks. "However many of us are good with weapons, especially knives, will be chosen as Harpooners. Just a heads up."

95 Reviews

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:50 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Queenie rolled her eyes, "You better hope that's not true," she said, internally counting her weapons, "'else we may have to test that little urban legend about dying in a dream."

he/they

162 Reviews

Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:06 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

"It's true. I end up as a harpooner every time." She stopped and eyed the girl. "So will you. As far as dying, I have no idea."

95 Reviews

Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:18 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She frowned, "I'm better with guns and explosives. Knives are an intimidation weapon, better for inflicting pain than they are for actually killing."

he/they

162 Reviews

Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:59 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Cleona stopped, turned, and looked directly at the girl. "Do you have any idea of what a harpoon is, how to use it, and what it looks like?" Her gaze traveled. "Any of you? Do any of you even have a passing familiarity with where we are, what is happening, and what is going to happen? It's my nightmare, but the story is basically the same."

The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest