Young Writers Society

Two Worlds Come Together

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:11 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Livvie's eyes widened slightly at what Levi had said. Then she wouldn't. That's what she would do. She wouldn't trust him. She would never. She would never trust Luna either.

"Goodnight. See you in the morning." she said, nodding sharply. She turned on her heel and headed for her twin bed. "Close the door." she muttered just loud enough for the two to hear.
*insert quirky signature here*

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:31 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Luna gasped when Livvie asked them to closer her door. Hissing something under her breath she snapped. "Close your own door!" She then walked away from the two, her foot steps loud as she stomped away.
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He didn't immediately go.

He lingered in front of the doorway, trying to come up with just what he was supposed to say. He was used to being the one lacking in the trust department; he wasn't used to playing comforter.

"Are you going to listen to that recording you took of us?" he asked, looking over at Livvie. "If you want to know what it says, you should ask us instead. You'll find out either way, but at least you can see that we're at least a little trustworthy."

There was a pause.

"I'm going to go join Luna now," he said. "I'm not going to give you an apology - I've shown you that you can trust me, and the only reason I lied was to protect my own life and the lives of others. If you can't accept that, then I'm sorry - it's the closest thing to an apology you'll get."

He turned and went to join Luna downstairs, softly closing Livvie's door behind him.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:24 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

When Levi had closed her door, Livvie shot up.

The recorder.

She crept towards it - she had laid on top of her dresser - and she ran her finger over it. Then she pressed play. She only heard some words because she was half asleep. It was already midnight.

Are you okay? That was Levi, she could tell.

And... wait, Luna was worried about her? When recorded-Levi said that people don't usually like him, all Livvie felt was sadness. And she could relate, too.

She could tell that Luna and Levi were smiling when they told each other they trusted the other. Her heart dropped.

That's when Livvie heard the part about Luna's magic. Livvie's anger flared. She kept her cool though. No more bursts.

Now... Livvie felt guilt guilt guilt. Only guilt.

"How am I supposed to sleep now?" she sighed, setting the recorder down. She walked to her bed and stayed there for a little bit. Five minutes passed. Then ten. Fifteen.

She sent an imaginary apology letter to the two downstairs, but she knew that would be useless. She crawled out of bed. Went to her door, opened it, and walked down the stairs. She peeked into the living room. Over the darkness, she couldn't see much. "Are you guys awake?" she managed to croak out.

616 Reviews

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:56 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Luna was fuming with rage as she got into her bed on the couch, she wanted Livvie to trust her, but there are somethings that if she knows she might be killed! And her getting hurt was not what she wanted, so not telling her the truth was her only option. But as she lay there in the dark her thoughts racing she began to think it wasn't such a good idea.

A good fifteen minutes passed when she heard a voice whisper through the cold silence. "Are you guys awake?"

Quickly shooting up to a sitting position Luna reached out to pull a switch on a lamp near her bed, sending a bright light shoot through the room, lighting it up in a soft yellow color.

Even with all the anger she still felt Luna asked. "Is everything okay, has something happened?" She removed the covers from around her jumping out of bed and walking over to Livvie.
Stay Creative!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:02 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Livvie trembled when Luna suddenly jumped up. She shook her head. "I-I'm..."

A tear slipped. Livvie wiped it away. The knots in her stomach were getting tighter and tighter.

"I'm so so sorry." she croaked. "I was a brat, and I should never have done that and I was being stupid and I wasn't being practical. It's my fault, and I'm sorry." she said to Luna's feet. When she looked up, she could barely see her surrounding properly because of the tears that had welled up in her eyes.

616 Reviews

Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:20 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Luna's heart broke at the sight, making Livvie cry as one of the last things she wanted to do, her face fell and with out even thinking about it she reached forward and took Livvie into a tight embrace. She wrapped one of her arms around the girl and put one of her hands on her head and calmly stroked her hair.

"There isn't anything to be sorry about. I should have told you the truth from the start, it was wrong of me to hide it from you, your old enough to look after yourself and I should have none." Luna looked down at the teary girl. "All I want to do is keep you safe. But you are right I should have told you the truth. And hurting you and not having your trust was the very last thing I wanted."

Luna reached out and rubbed away one of the tears from Livvie's face. A small smile creeping onto her face.
Stay Creative!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:03 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He watched them hug.

"It's okay," he reassured Livvie. "I've been in a similar place before - it's hard trusting people after you've been betrayed."

He gave a small, guilty smile.

"...I obviously haven't entirely moved past the mistrust part," he added.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:35 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Letting go of Luna, Livvie smiled back.

"It was stupid of me to not listen to you in the beginning. It was stupid of me to act like a two year old." she confessed, shifting to the other foot and letting out a stressful sigh.

She looked up, at the clock. "It's past midnight." she noticed.

"So that means it's Wednesday morning. Meaning..." she grinned widely, waiting to see if any of the other two remembered.

616 Reviews

Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:39 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Luna grinned back at her, all the anger from before washed away.
"Ahh yes I get to take you to my world today!" She eyed Livvie as an evil grin made it's way onto her face, "Shall we wake up Jason?"
Stay Creative!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:50 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Livvie pretend pouted. Then she thought of how stupid she was. Livvie met them today. How were they supposed to remember even though she told them?

"It's my birthday, silly. I'm sixteen!" she giggled.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It took a second for the comment to sink in, but then he found himself speaking with a joy he didn't entirely feel.

"Happy birthday, then," he congratulated her. He was doing a perfect job of pretending like there wasn't something bothering him. For the most part, there wasn't. But her age was the same as his current age, and being reminded of his age always gave him an tight feeling in his chest.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:43 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Livvie smiled brightly. "Thank you." she beamed, giving a tight hug to Levi that lasted barely a second.

616 Reviews

Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:24 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Luna smiled. "Happy Birthday!" She let loose a small laugh. How did she not remember? It must have been from all the other things that had happened that day.
Stay Creative!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:30 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Livvie thanked Luna too and then frowned.

"We should probably sleep now. We've got a long day ahead of us." she sighed, her face still joyful.

Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson