Young Writers Society

Two Worlds Come Together

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:31 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Livvie grinned as she climbed up on Shadow's back back. "Thanks buddy." She patted his neck. When she saw Jason staring up in horror at her alone on a dragon's back, she added, "And... Please don't kill me."

"How am I supposed to get him to start flying? Or are we walking first?" she asked Thomas.
*insert quirky signature here*

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:46 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Luna went to the sidelines with a grin as she sat down on a rock watching as Thomas took charge.

He looked at Livvie and began to explain, "For you we will start with the simple bonding, getting to know how he feels under you, to understand his power and moves, in the air you are going to have to know how he thinks and moves to stay on his back, and Shadow isn't the most gentle, I for one know." He lets out a low sigh folding his hands over his chest. "But you can command him to fly down cliff edges in small amounts, that is why I chose this place you can fly up the mountain more in little bits or down your choice."

Shadow snorted in disgust, "You make me sound like a monster, I wont kill the puny dragonet. Only wack her into place is all."

Aduna flashed a smile.

Rolling his eyes Thomas turned to face Kartiel. "You being you have dealt with dragons before can go ahead and take a fly, "He then looks from Kartiel to Livvie, "Aduna and Shadow will only go with the command, and if they know your ready, so its up to you really if you want to start off with a fly or walk around a bit, you may begin what ever." He goes to the sidelines with Luna, making a high whistle. Suddenly a dragon landed next to him, his scales a gleaming red and black. "I will be here if you need me, just call."
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:58 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Livvie grinned at Thomas. She closed her eyes and straightened up on Shadow's back. She took a deep breath and exclaimed, "Fly!" as if ordering a maid to get her a cup of tea.

Shadow did as asked, spreading his wings he dashed into the air, as fast as an arrow released from its bow.

When the wind hit her face harshly, Livvie shrieked. "Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh stop stop stop!"

Shadow did as asked and stopped all movements, falling towards the ground.

"Shadow!" she screamed. "Stop and get down on the ground like a normal person!" Her hair was billowing all around her, and her braid let loose. She had a feeling that later in the day, she'd be combing out huge tangles from her hair. And it would take ages. But she didn't need to worry about that. "SHADOW!"

Shadow fanned out his wings and landed on the ground with a thud, "As you wish young one."

When Livvie had finally put her feet in the ground, she collapsed, sitting criss cross. She was breathing hard and clutched the dewy grass beneath her. Slowly, she looked up at Shadow, who was smirking in a very dragonish way. Livvie chuckled, and playfully slapped Shadow's wing.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:09 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Spoiler! :
Are we continuing or nah? :]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:14 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I'd definitely be down for it! I just realized I'm probably the one that needs to post next, so let me know if I need to write up a post for this. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

616 Reviews

Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:56 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Spoiler! :
Mage it is your turn to write a post! And I completely for got about this! XD Thanks for reminding us @Liberty!
Stay Creative!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:55 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Will do! :)

I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to get the post up, but my goal is to reply to this thread by tomorrow morning at the latest.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Kartiel also decided to head straight into the air - though his command was much softer and less demanding than Livvie's was. Aduna shot right into the air, just like Shadow had only moments before. But while the experience was terrifying to someone who hadn't ever ridden on a dragon's back on their own, it was exhilarating to someone who had spent an entire lifetime doing it.

The moment that he felt the wind hit his face, Kartiel grinned and let out an excited laugh. He hadn't even realized he was laughing until Aduna flew horizontally instead of vertically.

As the last bits of laughter left him, Kartiel asked Aduna to bring him back down towards the ground. They hovered a few feet above it, wings sending gusts of wind towards the others just a short distance down below.
mage

queer and here.

616 Reviews

Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:12 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Both Luna and Thomas let out small laughs when they saw poor Livvie. "Are you okay?" Thomas asked helping her to her feet. "I know Shadow can be a pain." He tried to fix the girls unruly hair.

Luna only smiled when she saw Kartiel and Aduna doing perfect formations, it was almost as if they were joined together. "Wow! Kartiel that was really good!" Luna said walking up to him and Aduna when they landed.

Thomas sent a small shout of congrats to Kartiel before turning his attention back on poor Livvie.

Aduna ducked her head for Kartiel to get done her wings pressed to her sides. "He is one of a kind."

Shadow turned his attention on Jason along with Thomas. "Do you want to have a go now?" Thomas asked.
Stay Creative!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:05 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Jason didn't realize his mouth was open when Shadow askef him for the ride. He crossed his arms. "I don't want to ride you after seeing Livvie."

Livvie flushed. "I-I haven't ridden a dragon before okay?" She flicked her braid behind her.

"Neither have I," Jason said, looking desperately at Luna, hoping she would tell him that it was okay and he didn't have to ride Shadow. He looked at Thomas. "Can I ride Aduna instead because..." He shrugged, straightening up, trying to look tough. "Just 'cause."

616 Reviews

Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:52 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Shadow scoffed flicking his tail.

Thomas shrugged. "Thats up to the dragons and if Aduan wants you too. Remember they will act like the dragons you are going to train, they are going to be as experienced at flying as you are at riding its the whole reason to this training. "
Stay Creative!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:05 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I also have experience," Kartiel pointed out. "I've ridden on dragons before - it's practically muscle memory at this point. Chances are my first ride with Aduna would have been like Livvie's if I didn't know what to expect and do."
mage

queer and here.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
— William Shakespeare