Young Writers Society

The Ghost Ship

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:05 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"We realized someone was watching us, and, seeing that we all just poofed here, I'm thought it'd be a wise idea for us to gather together." Realizing that he hadn't given a proper introduction, he said with his signature smirk, "I'm Puck - Puck Ward."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:38 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Pulling himself onto his knees, Kynan looked back at Puck. The hound wasn't a big fan of the smirk, but decided it'd be better not to comment on it.

"Is there anyone else on his ship?" he said before wiping his mouth with a sleeve.

Kendrik's ears twitched. He swore he'd picked up on some movement above him. Something like footsteps, or hints of a conversation, or some kind of a struggle. The hound let go the railing, pulling out his sword as he headed down the hallway to search for some stairs that would lead him up. He wouldn't approach whoever it was right away, but, if worst came to worst, he was prepared for a fight.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He thought for a moment.

He didn't send out a spell. He didn't want to waste his magic or reveal all of the cards up his sleeve - he still didn't know what he was up against. Chances were they had some basic idea of who or what he was, but it was impossible to tell to what extent.

Hopefully, they just thought he was a skilled sorcerer.

What he did notice was sounds coming from below. He glanced down at the floor underneath him, ultimately deciding that the sounds had come from another person. "I think there might be below us," he said. "I just heard someone down there."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:21 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Kynan pulled himself up. "Then let's go check it out," he said. He really hoped that Puck didn't try to deflect and make himself the only person to head downstairs. There was a non-zero chance that the stranger was somebody that Kynan knew, and Kynan wasn't exactly keen on seeing them, say, getting dragged up a flight of stairs.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:48 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

"Wait, what? There's someone else?" Ethan asked, hopping up onto his feet. "Let's go! I wanna know if they can remember how they got here!"

He trotted after the others, following them into the hall and towards what would hopefully be a set of stairs leading down. Vaguely, he wondered if Nich was on the ship....or if Ciaran was--and Ciaran was his dad, wasn't he? How could he forget that? He really hoped he'd find one of them, or maybe their friend Alec? Or maybe they could find one of their human friends? And why was he thinking like that, as if he wasn't human? He frowned and stumbled to a stop.

"Um...do either of you know what I am?' he asked suddenly, confused. "I don't think I'm human and I don't know why I'd think that? I can't remember..." He growled in frustration and turned to punch the nearest wall. His fist went right through it, resulting in a shattered wooden wall and the slight scratches that healing as he watched. "Oh...oh dear... I didn't, uh, mean to....um....do that..."
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He stared at the broken wall and healing fist.

"I'm leaning towards you not being human," Puck agreed. He could go out on a limb here and make a totally incorrect guess, but Ethan didn't exactly fit the stereotypes of what he was thinking of. Besides, he didn't really seem to match any of them, and Ethan didn't sound like a name one of them would use.
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:24 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Well. This plan was looking like a worse and worse idea with every second.

"No?" Kynan said, voice jumping as he stared at the hole that Ethan had punched into the wall. "I'm, uh, not sure what you are?"

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:16 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

"That's what I'd like to know," Ethan muttered, frowning down at his now-healed hand. It hadn't healed as fast as he remembered Nich healing, but it was still way faster than any human had a right to heal. He scowled. "So, not human? Hmm..."

He turned to follow after the others, still staring down at his hand in a dark, twisted kind of fascination. Ethan would really like to know what he was, but he resigned himself to not finding out anytime soon. He sighed and kicked at a stray piece of wood that littered the floor.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

299 Reviews

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:26 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Kynan jumped when Ethan kicked the piece of wood. To Kynan's surprise, the piece of wood didn't, say, fly off the ship, or embed itself in his chest. That didn't stop the hound's heart from skipping a few beats.

"Are we sure we should bring him along?" Kynan whispered to Puck, voice shaky. "I'm not sure he's, uh, safe."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Puck couldn't help it - a laugh briefly escaped him at the comment. Kynan was worried about Ethan being a little overpowered and having regeneration? That was nothing. If Ethan could do a little more than that he would have been worried, too, but, right now, Ethan was as harmless as a fly.

But the laugh soon died down, and he nodded in response to the question.

"We'll be fine," he said. He didn't bother to keep his voice down - Ethan was right nearby, and had probably overheard what Kynan said.
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:04 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Of all the responses Kynan had been expecting, laughter wasn't one of them. A pit wormed its way into his stomach as Puck spoke. Puck could've just been confident that Ethan had no idea how to use his powers, but Kynan was suspicious that Puck was actually stronger than Ethan. Somehow.

"I mean, he doesn't seem like he knows how to control himself," Kynan said, voice fading. "So it might be better to-"

"Hey!"

Kynan froze. Looking ahead, he found himself at the top of a a rusted staircase. And, halfway down, sword drawn, was his brother.

"What are ya doin' with him?" Kendrik said, pointing his sword at Puck.

That couldn't end well, but Kynan's body froze, deciding for him to not let Kendrik know that.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I'm not doing anything," Puck said, peering down the staircase. So that had been the source of the noises down below. Kynan and the other guy shared a bit of a resemblance, so he was guessing the two were related.

Slipping past Kynan, he eyed the railings on the side of the staircase. They were a little rusty, but they looked sturdy enough - something a tug quickly proved.

He plopped himself down on the railings and let gravity do its work, bringing him right down to where Kynan's potential relative was. He hopped off of it when he reached the spot right behind him, giving him a little tap on the shoulder as he peered down at the sword.

"That's a nice sword you have there," he nonchalantly commented. "What year is it?"
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:48 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Kendrik spun around. It was irritating to see how calm his brother's captor was, sliding down the railing and commenting on his sword.

"Ya can find out," Kendrik growled, setting the tip of his sword on the person's chest.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:54 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Puck looked down at the blade.

"I don't think swords work like that," he said, giving him a smirk. All it would take was a simple spell to stop the sword from ever getting past his skin, but what was the point? He could play pretend, but that was going to get tiring. And if they did report him to them, then he could just come up with a new face and identity.

It was as simple as that.
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:18 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Watch me care," Kendrik said. He started pushing the stranger towards the railing, leaning in closer so that his snout almost touched the stranger's face. "What did ya do with my brother?"

I do not use my siblings as the cleaning equipment.
— Tuckster