The Ghost Ship

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu May 30, 2019 1:03 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

The Ghost Ship

There’s always been stories of ghost ships since humankind first set out upon the waves and into the unknown. You’ve never really been sure if they exist and sure, you’ve seen news reports about finding empty vessels or read stories online somewhere. If you’re from Earth. But you could never be sure of how true those stories were, of how accurate the news reports could be.

Until now, until you see her. She’s just floating there, looking brand new, like a day hasn’t gone by since her maiden voyage. But something isn’t quite right and you’re not sure what. All you know is that you’re there, onboard a pretty cruise ship, and you’re not exactly sure how you got here. Mostly because you don’t really remember, but you might find clues if you explore a bit. Was it an invitation? A chance to step foot on the famous—or, rather, infamous—ghost ship? The name on the hull reads Mary Celeste and why is that so familiar to you? Or was it simply chance? Pure curiosity? You’ll probably never know if you just stay put, so what do you say? Want to explore?

"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 30, 2019 1:20 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Spoiler! :
Ethan: Brown hair, light brown skin, brown eyes, average build, average height (5'6ish and only slightly shorter than Nich), wearing comfortable black jeans, a stylish dark blue shirt and a black leather jacket. He's probably got sunglasses somewhere on his person and a smartphone (which probably isn't working right now). Dhampir (haf-human, half-vampire). He's only about 18, maybe 19.

Ethan stumbles to a stop on the deck of the cruise ship. He didn’t remember how he got there or if he was with anyone, mostly because his head was pounding like he’d hit it. He frowned and turned around in a slow circle. There was a half-empty pool off to the side and a scattering of poolside deck chairs. Half of them were on their side or shifted out of place. It was weird. The ship looked like it hadn’t been touched in years, like it had just set sail but something told him that wasn’t the case and if Nich was here, he’d probably tell him the same.

Nich! How could he have forgotten his vampire boyfriend? What was wrong with him? Ethan reached up to rub at his sore head and froze at the sight of the blood coating his palm. He tried to focus on his head and suddenly realised that something warm and sticky was coating the side of his face. He was bleeding! Shit!

Ethan swore and stumbled into the nearest wall, staring at his hand. When had he been hurt? Why? How? He glanced up and around the ship’s deck again but couldn’t see anyone. Where was Nich when he needed him? And why couldn’t he smell his own blood? Why wasn’t he edging towards hunger? He panicked, trying to wipe the blood off on his leg, but it was sticky and thickly coating his palm, his fingers. If this was a horror movie, this would probably be about the time a monster showed up, he thought hysterically and tried harder to get the blood off. He wasn’t sure why he was panicking but something was very, very wrong with the ship and he didn’t like it.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu May 30, 2019 9:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Puck Ward: A young man in his late teens to early twenties. His dark brown hair is somewhat long - the longer strands are just a centimeter or two above the bottom of his neck - and fades to light brown further down. His ears are slightly pointed, but not to the point of looking elfish. His eyes are a bright blue. He's currently wearing a black t-shirt, a dark green hoodie, faded jeans and a worn out pair of sneakers. He also has a pair of headphones on, though it's questionable if they were ever in use or just there for the aesthetic. He's about average height, and there's nothing noteworthy about the rest of his appearance.

He was getting a serious headache, one to the point where he wondered if he was recreating Athena's birth in Greek mythology. But, the last time he checked, there was no goddess-turned-fly trying to have a kid with him, so he doubted that a little god was going to burst out of his skull. He raised a hand to his forehead, only to draw it away when the place he was standing came to his attention.

He was standing in the hallway of what either looked almost like a hotel, but hotels didn't have what looked suspiciously like decks overlooking the ocean.

He felt a twinge of unease.

How had he gotten here? Why had he gotten here? Maybe whatever had caused the headache was making him forget, but he never did ships anymore. It was his and Arthur's rule - ships were too much of a reminder of-

Wait, where was Arthur?

He glanced around the hallway.

Now he was sure that something was horribly wrong. He'd never leave Arthur alone, at least in a situation that was dangerous enough for him to suffer head trauma. He closed his eyes and focused on trying to get the headache to go away.

The headache faded.

His mind cleared, he decided that the best plan was to face the figure on the deck. The figure who's face was covered in blood, but was too far away for him to tell if the blood was from him or someone else. He readied a spell on the tip of his tongue and headed over to him.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri May 31, 2019 5:19 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Spoiler! :
Yee, let's throw in the doggo twins:

Kendrik. Bipedal hound (based on the Pharaoh Hound). Black, short fur, except a white left (hand) paw. Dressed up in a black tank top and gray pants. Has a lot of barely-visible scars on his arms and neck. Kinda cranky. Has a scabbard containing a fencing-like sword on his belt.

Kynan. Bipedal hound (based on the Pharaoh Hound). Black, short fur. Black pants and a buttoned black vest over a stained white undershirt, as well as brown sandals. The top of his ears have been clipped a little bit, and he's fit some earrings in that space. Not cranky. Not good with weapons.

Gripping the railing, Kendrik glared down at the tranquil water below him.

He had no idea where he was. He guessed that he'd been shoved into yet another world, but he couldn't remember how that had happened. Normally, he'd have some clue - a vision, a light, a smell, a sound - but his throbbing headache drowned out his thoughts and memories.

He'd figure out eventually. Even if he had to stay here all day, surrounded by turned over chairs, creaking floorboards, and salt-coated railings.

Kynan poked his head out into the hallway, then just as quickly yanked it back and shut the door.

Stuck in some kind of closet with a few mops and brooms, Kynan took a few deep breaths. There were two strangers outside, one of whom was covered in blood. He knew that wasn't necessarily bad - he'd been in enough battlefields and strange places to know that there could be all kinds of explanations for that. The stranger coming towards the blood-covered person, however, didn't seem all that good, to say nothing of how panicked the blood-covered person looked (and smelled; Kynan had to keep putting a paw over his snout).

Kynan smacked his head. He had to remember something. He had to know something about where he was or how he'd gotten here. And he needed to remember soon, because he didn't know how long he could get away with hiding in a closet.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 31, 2019 5:48 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Ethan turned at the sound of someone approaching. The guy approaching his wore a green hoodie and faded jeans, and there were a pair of headphones sitting around his neck. He frowned and pressd back against the wall. Why could he smell everything so strongly? He took the other guy in slowly.

"H-hi? Uh, d'you know where we are?" Ethan asked, hugging himself. "Have you seen another guy? Brown hair, brown eyes?" He suddenly realised that his face and hand was covered in blood and uncrossed his arms to try and wipe the blood off his face with both hands, and then off his hands. "I'm...sorry about bleeding everywhere... I don't, uh....quite remember what happened..." He offered the other man wry look. "My boyfriend always worries when I get hurt."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 31, 2019 9:14 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

By all accounts, he seemed pretty normal - the way he spoke and the clothes he wore weren't bizarre. Which ruled out some of them; he didn't think they had the knowledge of humans to blend in so seamlessly. But something about the blood rubbed him the wrong way, even though he couldn't put his finger on what that thing was.

"I don't," he said. He slipped his hands into his hoodie's pockets. "I just woke up here - I'm thinking kidnapping, but I'm not really sure."

He added in a shrug for good measure, then went back to looking the boy over.

"Want me to heal you?" he asked. "I know a spell or two."

That was a major understatement, but there was no reason to go revealing all of his cards right now.
mage

queer and here.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 31, 2019 10:45 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Ethan frowned at him and shrugged. "Kidnapping, right. That's probably bad if it's true--Nich's gonna be so mad."

He reached up to touch the tacky blood on his face and sighed. Something told him healing wouldn't be needed, but he wasn't sure why....just that...it'd heal...on it's own...kinda fast...but not like Nich. And why the hell was he thinking that?

"It'll heal," he said with another shrug, dropping his gaze to the deck they stood on. "Probably already is...but I don't....remember why that would be?" He huffed out a breath and pushed off the wall to cross to the nearest upright deck chair. Ethan sat down and gestured to the other guy. "But if you think it'll help, I don't see any harm in trying?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 31, 2019 11:36 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He had been working on learning the English versions of the spells he knew, but he never would feel as comfortable with that language as he would with his own. The words he spoke were quiet but powerful - warmth filled the air as a language that had fallen out of favor was uttered. The wounds cleared, and he added another spell for good measure: a cleaning spell.

The warmth faded, and the boy was left clean and healed.
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Fri May 31, 2019 5:23 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Kynan froze. He couldn't smell any blood anymore. How?

Against his better judgment, he nudged the closet door open, peeking down the hallway. The bleeding stranger was now sitting on a chair, looking perfectly unharmed.

Huh. Was the other stranger a healer?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:50 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

He blinked, surprised and reached up to touch the spot where his wound had been. "Thank you," he murmured and startled at the sharp sound that echoed down the deck. He frowned and glanced about. It felt good to not be bleeding anymore, but now he had the distinct feeling that they were being watched. Ethan glanced up the the healer-dude and tilted his head to one side, studying him. "Uh, are you the only other person here?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:59 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He had been so busy healing the injured boy that he hadn't noticed that they were being watched, but, now, he couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching them. The feeling was coming from the direction of the hallway, and a quick magic spell helped to point him in the right direction.

He walked over to the closet near the deck's entrance, reached a hand in through the slightly open door, and grabbed onto their watcher by the collar of his shirt.
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:10 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Oh crap. Kynan would've been caught if he'd closed the door, but the open door had made his position about as obvious. Still, even if he'd heard the stranger coming, he hadn't expected the stranger to grab onto him like that. Instinctively, Kynan bent down and bit the hand. Not hard enough to draw blood, but hopefully enough to ward the stranger off.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:16 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Ouch," he said. Despite the sudden pain in his hand, however, he kept holding onto the stranger - it was barely noticeable compared to what he had been through.

Still carrying their watcher, he returned to the healed boy and plopped him down on the ground in front of him.

"I found another person," he said.
mage

queer and here.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:20 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Ethan looked at the stranger, then up at the healer-dude. "Wow, nice job." He hopped up and moved closer to the stranger--a humanoid dog-boy, fascinating--and crouched down before him. "Hi, I'm Ethan!"

299 Reviews

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:55 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Hi?" Kynan said. He was still a little fazed about being picked up and hauled around by someone who clearly hadn't been bothered by a bite (ugh, and he could still taste that person). "I'm Kynan? What was that for?"

You have been de-shenaniganed.
— WaffleCat