Young Writers Society

The Big Apple

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:46 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"It depends on the world," Kirux signed. Grim, who was watching this exchange and realizing that some of the people present didn't know sign language, guessed that he would have to be the translator moving forward, but he could handle that. "I think I can get to Ethan! But, if not, it'll bring us to somewhere important in the world, and then we can find Ethan from there!"

Grim relayed the message verbatim, just barely copying the excited, childlike tone that Kirux had conveyed while signing.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:11 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Yay!" Taber said, clapping his paws together. He paused, then looked over at Nich. "Does that sound alright?" It's perfectly fine if you're not comfortable with it - it's probably going to be very awkward whether you remember things or not."
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:26 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:44 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Spoiler! :
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:26 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Spoiler! :
I'll get around to this! I have a thing tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully I can either reply in the morning or once I get home. If not then, you guys are probably gonna have to wait until Sunday my time, sorry ;-;
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

95 Reviews

Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:05 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Spoiler! :
@ScarlettFire, did you forget about this?

he/they

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:17 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Spoiler! :
I didn't! I've just been super busy. I'll get right on this!

95 Reviews

Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:16 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Spoiler! :
Hey, @ ScarlettFire, it's been nearly a month since we've moved the plot forward at all. Could you please move this a little higher up your priority list if possible? I don't mean to rush you, but it really has been a while.

he/they

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:24 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry, I was a little busy these last few weeks. Here's the post I've been meaning to make!

Nich lifted one shoulder in a half-shrug. "It's fine," he said, and pushed off the wall. He'd been mostly watching Kirux's hands. "Ethan?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Kirux's eyes widened.

"You don't remember Ethan?" he signed. Alarm flickered across his face, and he shot a very worried glance over in Grim's direction before turning back to Nich and signing with a frantic urgency, "Ethan's your boyfriend!"

Grim once again played translator, though there was worry in his voice as he conveyed the message.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:47 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Queenie stood up and signed to Kirux, "Of course he doesn't remember. Amnesia is a powerful thing. If you give him time, he might start to remember on his own. Be patient." There was a sharpness to the way she signed, conveying the matching tone she would have used had she spoken aloud.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:54 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

A guilty expression flickered across Kirux's face when he saw how sharp Queenie was signing.

"I'm...I'm sorry," he signed. He ducked behind Grim, lips quivering underneath his mask as tears threatened to break free.

"Don't be so harsh with him," Grim said - not in a confrontational way, but a protective one. "He's just worried about Nich."
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:11 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Good for him. I'm just trying to point out that sitting around and talking about what he doesn't remember isn't going to trigger a memory. Not unless some serious coincidences occur. When my little sis lost her memory, I had to walk her around the manor and remind her of what happened where. If I had instead dragged her to an unfamiliar place and sat down to have a little chat about the friends she doesn't have and the good 'ol days that never happened, how much remembering do you think she would be doing?"

Queenie had said it all aloud, signing it at the same time to give her hands something to do.

Thinking about that incident gave her an extra spark of anger that bled into her voice. The bloodstained streets of Kroy knew carnage like never before in the wake of that one petty mistake. Queenie didn't even care about the starvation she suffered afterward. Five days of hunger was nothing compared to what those nobodies did to Briar, and to what Queenie did to them.

She finished her rant and huffed. The temptation to draw her gun again hit her. It wouldn't be good if she gave in.

She went to Ryder and pressed the weapon into his hands, "Hold onto this," she growled and stepped away. She wasn't unarmed now, she had her knives, but it felt better to know that she wouldn't be able to shoot anyone if that temptation came again.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Ryder had been silent the entirety of the newest conversation, but seeing the weapon placed into his hands brought him out of his thoughts. He looked down at it. He wasn't entirely sure what it was - it seemed to be some kind of firing weapon - but he immediately found himself trying to figure out how it worked so he could replicate it when they got back home.

xXx

Now Kirux was silently sobbing - Grim could feel his body moving behind him, and could feel his cloak growing wet as Kirux's tears continued to fall. "It's alright, Kirux," he reassured him. His voice was soft and comforting. "Do you want a hug?"

He felt Kirux nod.

And then he was in front of him, throwing his arms around Grim and pulling him into a tight embrace as he cried into Grim's chest.

Grim hesitantly rubbed Kirux's back.

He looked over at Queenie, feeling Kirux shake in his arms. "He doesn't understand," Grim said. "He's just worried about Nich."

He briefly glanced down at Kirux.

"He's not as old as he looks," Grim said. He wasn't sure if it was his secret to share, but Kirux had never been secretive about it - the first time they met, he just hadn't brought it up until he was prompted to. "He's only a year old."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:56 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"What?" Lunis growled. Taber looked back in time to see the hound press his paws against the panther's chest, which did stop the panther from heading towards Kirux. Lunis still pointed at Kirux, though. "I got my butt kicked by a baby? That doesn't make sense. There's no way he's one."

Taber shrugged. "That's what he told me?" he said. "Grim can probably explain it better than me."
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

You can't choose your parentage. But you can choose your legacy.
— Rick Riordan, The Blood of Olympus