z

Young Writers Society

Snowed In

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:54 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

With a sigh and a nod, Nubes looked back towards the intact door. "Let's go to the hallway with the plants, then," the leopard said. "It should be a little less destroyed."
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:37 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Herobrine nodded, avoiding the occasional stray flame as he began to head back towards the hallway with the plants.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:40 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Well, a little less destroyed was probably right, in the sense that there was barely a hallway instead of no hallway.

The first thing Lasan noticed was that the wall opposite the plant room was littered with dirt and glass, while cracks and gaps littered the floor of the hallway. A couple steps forward, and he guessed that something in the plant room had probably been powered by the gas, which explained why the plant room had been demolished. What was left was bundle of exposed cords, chunks of metal, mud, and dead plants shaped vaguely like a room. It didn't look remotely safe to cross, but it wasn't like they had any other choice.

Still, for the time being, the hallway in front of the door looked just intact enough for Lasan to set Nubes against the wall.

"I think Nubes just needs to rest for a minute," Lasan said, looking back at the others. "Is there anything either of you want checked?"

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:58 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Briar knelt down and closed her eyes, checking her neck to find it hadn't been twisted wrong and moving her joints to give them the same treatment. Nothing.

Nothing save the ringing in her ears, a complete inability to hear on the left as she discovered when she snapped in front of the ear.

She went up to Nubes and examined him. There were no noticeable physical injuries. "Can you hear?" she asked him.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

299 Reviews

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:52 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Lasan was about to point out that he was the trained healer here, but didn't quite feel like going up against Briar.

"Yes, but it doesn't help when you're speaking right next to me." Nubes said, wincing. "My ears are a little sensitive."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:23 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Herobrine peered into the room, feeling a knot in his stomach when he saw how destroyed the room had become. It looked far more dangerous than he had expected - he would be able to easily cross it by healing any injuries he received, but the others...

Then again, he didn't have to pretend to be human anymore.

"I can make a pathway across the room," he said. "If we walk on my darkness, we should be able to avoid any of the exposed cords."
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:54 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Briar stood and nodded at Herobrine, "Alright."

She addressed Nubes, "Move all of your joints. If anything hurts or can't move, say something."

he/they

299 Reviews

Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:49 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

While Nubes began to stretch his arms and legs, Lasan nodded at Ryder. "The stairs are probably going to be a mess, but I think we can get out of the bunker without too many problems," the lizard said. "But, um, what's the plan if a blizzard comes over? I'm not sure it's a good idea to stay in the bunkers."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:43 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He thought it over.

"Maybe I could shield us with my darkness," he suggested. "It's been a long time since I've been able to use my magic freely, but I should be able to do something like that."

Spoiler! :
Are you guys alright with Lust and Gluttony coming down to where the others are? Both of them would have easily healed from whatever damage happened, and would have probably realized they needed to reunite with the others.

Depending on when and where they show up, we could even make it seem like our not so nice friend has returned. :)
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:46 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Spoiler! :
yesssss I've been writing a bunch of fakeouts, so having another one would be pretty funny

"How long do you think you can make that shield last?" Lasan said. "The darkness you used earlier didn't stay around too long, but you were using it to find and take out the fires."

"And it would have done the job, if not for that creature realizing it could create a spark," Nubes said, pinching his nose and wincing. It'd definitely been bruised a bit - Lasan hadn't done a thorough enough job healing the leopard. On the other hand, Lasan had been much more focused on Nubes's legs, and at least Nubes couldn't feel anything else out of the ordinary.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Sweet. :)

Just let me know when, and I'll have Gluttony and Lust show up.

"It's hard to say," Herobrine replied. "Realistically, it's only been a few years since I used my magic, but, technically, it's been a few centuries - I was in a magical sleep for a few centuries."

He took a deep breath.

"But I should hopefully be able to do it long enough to wait out a blizzard," he said.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:10 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"And if you can't?" Briar asked bluntly. She didn't like to rely on 'hopefully's', no matter how many of them she invoked herself.

he/they

299 Reviews

Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:18 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"We could always huddle together for warmth?" Lasan said. "I'm not sure how long I could handle a blizzard, being cold-blooded and all, but I think I should come out fine if Herobrine's able to protect us for a little bit?"

A small paw poked out of Lasan's coat, giving a thumbs up. The lizard smiled, only stopping when he caught some faint noise in the distance. Almost like something growling.

"Er, that creature might not be dead?" Lasan said, staring past the plants and towards the other end of the hallway. The sound didn't get any louder, so the lizard wasn't sure if anything was coming from the stairs, but that noise definitely didn't sound like anything he recognized.

Nubes dragged his paws down his face. "Of course not," the leopard growled. "When has it ever been that easy?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:32 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Plot twist: the growling is Gluttony's stomach. :P

"We should hurry," Herobrine said, not liking the sound he heard in the distance in the slightest.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:13 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"I agree," Briar said, wishing she didn't have to do so aloud.

he/they

Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always with you.
— Louis L'Amour