590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Alright, @Lael! Thanks for letting us know. <3

"I did," Hecate admitted. "It's hard not to - just like true death gods are drawn to ghosts and the places where the dead are buried, I'm drawn to magic. I can just feel it. It's hard to describe."

"I thought Hades was the death god in charge of your afterlife," Schadel pointed. She glanced back in the direction of the girl, still trying to understand how someone could have slipped under her radar so easily. Who - or what - was she?

"Oh, he is," Hecate replied. "I just work for him. We're also close friends, so I spend a lot of time in his underworld when I'm not here on Earth. By the way, if you hadn't guessed already, Hades was the one I was comparing you to - you remind me a lot of him."

"...Oh," Schadel managed to get out, a small blush spreading across her pale cheeks. She had guessed that once Hecate said that she worked for him, but she hadn't been prepared for the compliment.

"Crossroads are two intersecting roads," the still unnamed girl said. "The Greeks liked giving significance to what we would consider normal, mundane things. Crossroads were considered to be important, to some extent. Hecate was supposed to be in charge of them."

Hecate studied her for a moment.

"Oh, I know who you are now," the goddess said. "You're Sabrina Alden, aren't you?"

The girl nodded.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:43 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Ah, so Hecate was a deity on a planet named Earth; Eremia relaxed her shoulders and put on a faint smile. Granted, given her experience, she would not have minded if Hecate had said she was from Fayne. Eremia would've just poked at the whole "goddess" part.

"What makes crossroads important?" Mariol said, setting a hand on her hip. "You work with a death god, you can tell if someone uses magic, but what d'ya know about crossroads? It'd be kinda cool if you knew about all the crossroads. But I'm not sure how that'd work."
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:02 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@ScarlettFire, do you want to post before I do?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
— Nelson Mandela