Young Writers Society

Demons Anonymous

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:37 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Damascus," Cornyx dipped his head in greeting and gave him a polite smile. "The pleasure is mine."

He was unsure what to think of the other demon. The man had always been friendly, but he had a feeling that they had fundamentally different views of the world and, more likely than not, polar opposite ethical and moral codes. Still, he'd be polite, and so long as he was civil, he didn't see it going downhill. Not in any major way, at any rate.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Runi immediately perked up when she recognized the familiar face, completely ignoring the crumbs that were knocked into her lap as she gave him a grin. "I haven't seen you in ages, Damascus!" she exclaimed. "And I've been doing pretty good - you know, doing demonic things and stuff."

The other demons didn't seem as happy about the arrival of another person, save for Mage. That demon was watching him with curiosity in his eyes - it was the same curiosity he had been giving everyone since they all showed up.

Mage hesitantly leaned forward. "So we just talk about problems?" he asked.

"Basically," Puck confirmed.

"If that's all we have to do, I think I get it," Mage said. "I can go next, if no one minds."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:27 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Group therapy, yaaaay. Cornyx stifled a sigh as the talking started up again and leaned back, crossing his feet and gazing at the buzzing ceiling lights. Black spots of insect corpses made the entire thing even dingier. He hadn't thought that was possible, in all honesty; it was gray and splotchy enough already.

He snuck a glance at the clock. It'd only been five minutes. Goodness...this was going to be a long few hours.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:56 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Well," Mage started, leaning back in his seat again, "right now I'm traveling the world with my boyfriend. Things are going pretty good. I've seen things I've never seen before, and he's finally getting out of his old home. It's just..."

He hesitated, rubbing the back of his neck.

"...It kind of sucks being a demon," he said. "Traveling-wise, that is. I wouldn't change it for the world, but it's difficult to interact with people when most run away screaming - and they don't even know what a demon is half of the time."

Puck studied the other demon from his chair. The comment was a relatively benign one, but he couldn't help but pick up on the subtle parts of Mage's explanation. He was being intentionally vague; that much he was sure of. But with plenty of secrets of his own, Puck decided it was best not to press things.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie