z

Young Writers Society

Seven Days

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:15 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Denebola set the tip of a claw on Poseidon's chest as he approached. If he was going to talk to her, he was going to respect her personal space. "That's a surprising amount of thought for him," she said, not even flinching when Kai punched her in the leg, "But it doesn't change the fact that you should've known what you were up against. So, you're either an idiot, or you hurt someone you could've easily restrained. Which also makes you an idiot."
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:54 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Carter carefully watched the scene unfold. Their series of accusations left him feeling very confused. New people just kept popping out of every place in the jungle, no matter how deserted the island seemed to be in the beginning.

Their appearance almost seemed like magic.

He could however agree with the conclusion that Poseidon was an idiot and decided to make that agreement known.
"Ma'am I don't know you from Tom, Dick or Harry, but you're right in saying he's an idiot."

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"He was hiding in a tree," Poseidon said, an exasperated tone seeping into his voice. He sounded vaguely irritated as well, and, despite their bonding, Icarus wisely kept away from him. "I had no idea what he was like, and I did restrain him after he jumped out of the tree."

He crossed his arms and glanced over at Carter.

"...And I'm not an idiot," he said, glowering.

The other god present suddenly joined in on the conversation, walking over to Poseidon and wrapping his arm around Poseidon's shoulder. "I'd prefer if you didn't insult my best friend," he said.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:57 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Denebola scowled. "I'll call your friend an idiot if he's being an idiot, and he's being an idiot," she said, glare shifting from Pan to Poseidon. "I also have someone who can back me up on that." - she nodded at the man who'd supported her - "Also, there's something you're still not telling me. 'Restrained' and 'beat up' are pretty different, and I think Kai knows that. How did you restrain him?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:47 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Poseidon glowered at both Denebola and Kai.

"After he jumped out of the tree, I made sure he couldn't get up," he said. "I grabbed a hand and held it behind him, and threatened to break his fingers because had jumped out of a tree at me. I didn't want to really hurt him, and I didn't. Kai's lying."

Pan admittedly hadn't heard that much of the story, but he was a little biased - his best friend had to be in the right. He took a defensive step forward. "Poseidon's not being an idiot right now, and I'd appreciate if both of you stopped insisting he was."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:29 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Then he started bending them until Icarus told him to stop," said Kai, sticking his tongue out at Poseidon. "And Niwa was bleeding, but I hid him behind a tree, but Poseidon dragged him out from behind the tree."

Denebola took a deep breath. "That's called using too much force," she said. Pressing her claw against Poseidon's chest, she glared into his eyes. "It doesn't take much for someone to make a point, understand? So, tell me again why you're not an idiot."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:25 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I was going to stop," Poseidon grumbled, "and I didn't know he was bleeding at first. I thought he was just unconscious."

Pan pushed the claw away from the water god's chest.

"Please stop antagonizing my friend," Pan said, a dangerous glint to his eyes.

Icarus gulped, and, a short distance away, Loki turned an almost impossibly light shade of pale.
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:22 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Not to be deterred, Denebola set a claw against Pan's chest. "Don't tell me what I can and can't do," she said. "And it sounds like your friend doesn't know what restraint is or what blood smells like, so that's on him."

Denebola could hear her husband making his way through the jungle; she raised a paw to block him when he burst out into the clearing, covered in vines and twigs. Glancing between Denebola and the gods, he quickly moved onto place beside her, standing in front of Kai. Ugh, why couldn't he be more of a coward and keep himself safe?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:21 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I'll leave this for @LordWolf to reply to before I let the situation escalate even more. :P
mage

queer and here.

766 Reviews

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:44 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

When the next being popped out of the bushes, Flynn moved his rifle to across his chest. A firm stance in the sand was assumed and he prepared for whatever might come from the heated discussion. It was starting to turn towards being an argument. And Flynn assumed it would turn to a violent altercation.

Beside Flynn, Carter began weighing his own options for how the scene might play out. He didn’t take out his gun, instead letting his fingers lay over the handle of his Bowie knife. It took a lot of courage to ask, “If y’all are done with your bull crap, we’re probably in some serious danger here.”

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:38 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Gods didn't worry about things in the same way that mortals did - human or otherwise. Pan knew that dangers could be lurking on the island, and he knew that not all of those dangers had to be something simple like a poisonous plant or an aggressive animal. But someone was insulting his best friend, and that was the main priority in his mind. It was his responsibility to defend him, verbally or physically.

"I think he responded perfectly fine," Pan said, giving the newcomer a brief smile before turning his attention back to Denebola. "Kai's alright now - even if he was scared by Poseidon, he wasn't physically harmed, and Poseidon's not going to do something like that to him again."

xXx

"I don't think they're going to stop talking until one of them wins this argument," Icarus said, glancing over at Carter and Flynn. As if to prove his point, neither Poseidon or Pan sent a look in his direction at the comment.

"I don't think they can stop arguing," Loki added, his fear beginning to fade a little. "I don't think they'll ever come to a consensus - both of them think they're right."

"...We could wait another minute," Icarus hesitantly said. "And then interrupt them if they're still arguing."

Loki glanced back at the bickering two. "That sounds like the best idea."

Thor nodded.
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:41 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Give me a second," Denebola said, glancing at Carter. Setting Niwa on the ground, she saw him and Kai run behind Kasim out of the corner of her eye. That made her feel a little bit better about glaring at Pan. "Hurt or not, whether Poseidon will do it again or not, I'll just have to make sure Kai stays away from him."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:18 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@LordWolf, do you want to go? I can post if you don't want to - I just thought I'd check before I did.
mage

queer and here.

766 Reviews

Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:44 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Carter shared Loki's prediction that the pair would never stop fighting, but he didn't share the kid's fear of the situation. He was used to dealing with this crap all the time. For God's sake he had regularly watched over the drunk tank as a kid when his dad wanted to go off somewhere.

He sunk back down into the ground, finding a tree to lean against, and fishing another cigarette out of the pack.

Flynn leaned over his position, staring down at Carter, and then looking back to the other people. He left Carter to smoking the cigarette and turned to see the potential for gods fighting.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:03 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I don't like hurting people," Poseidon said. "I was doing it to protect Icarus!"

"He's not going to do it again," Pan insisted.

Loki and Icarus shared a look.

"...They're still fighting," Loki pointed out.

"One of us has to go over," Icarus said, sounding more than a little nervous. Loki had known the moment that the plan was made that Icarus would never be the one to go over - it would have to be him. A terrifying prospect to say the least, but he did risky things like this all the time.

...Although those risky things never involved gods.

Loki walked between the bickering group, trying to hide his fear behind a confidence he didn't truly feel. But he was good at that - faking it was something he had done for a long time. "You should stop arguing," he said. "I don't know enough about gods to know how much being stranded on an island worries you, but there's other people here who are very worried about that."

Like me.

He glanced around the group.

"...Like Icarus," he blurted, pointing at him. "Poseidon, you want to protect him. He's just a human - if you're too busy arguing, something could come and get him. Like a...giant snake!"

Thor popped his head out of Loki's pocket to give him a look of what was clearly disbelief.

"...Sorry," Loki muttered.

Thor still gave him the look of disbelief.

"It was the first thing I could come up with!" he hissed.

Then he remembered the reason for their little argument, and he cleared his throat in an attempt to get back on track.

"And Denebola," he said, pointing at the woman in question, "you want to protect Kai, don't you? You can't possibly be keeping a good eye on him if you're trying to beat Pan and Poseidon in an argument. What if someone more dangerous than Poseidon came out of the woods and suddenly attacked him? You'd never notice!"
mage

queer and here.

Remember the rain that made your corn grow.
— Haitian Proverb