z

Young Writers Society

Seven Days

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:06 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Denebola pinched the bridge of her nose. "First of all," she said, looking at Loki, "If I didn't notice, Kasim or Niwa would. Secondly, I'm not trying to win this argument. I'm done with this argument, actually. Poseidon did something stupid, and he knows what I'll do if he does anything else stupid." She glared at the god, then turned to face the rest of the group. "And we should get going - we don't have too much daylight left, and I want to be able to camp on those rocks." - she pointed to the rocks in question - "They look a little safer than this jungle."
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:13 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Loki still felt like Denebola had been trying to win the argument just as much as Poseidon and Pan had, but he let the argument rest as Denebola came up with a suggestion for what they should do next. Thor ducked back into his pocket as Loki moved towards the rest of the group - both of them knew that at least one person there had a fear of snakes.

"That sounds like a plan," Pan agreed. He made no mention of the argument; he just gave Poseidon a tight squeeze around his shoulders, and then gestured for Icarus to join the rest of the group.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:02 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Looking back to see that Kai and Niwa were close to Kasim (out of the corner of her eye, she'd caught them moving in front of him when Loki's snake had gone back into its pocket), Denebola nodded. Then she walked up to the brush in front of her and pulled out her machete.

"Everyone ready?" she said, looking back and focusing on Pan and Poseidon. "Anyone need a break first? Is anyone going to have a problem if I start hacking at these bushes?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I have no problems with it," Pan confirmed. Poseidon agreed with a nod, falling back just enough so he was by Icarus's side. Loki watched the action with interest - he was still trying to wrap his head around the idea of them not knowing how close they were, but he was starting to wonder if he was somehow interacting with the past set of gods, and not the present ones.
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:13 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Denebola focused her gaze on Carter. "You can keep smoking, if you want - carving out a path is going to be a slow pain in the a**," she said.

And, without further ado, she raised her machete and began to chop through the trees and brush, her husband and her friends following.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:07 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@LordWolf, do you want to post before I do?
mage

queer and here.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:17 am
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Carter wanted to comment on the fact that "slow pain in the a**" was a very mixed metaphor unless Denebola was referring to a stubborn donkey, but held his tongue for the time being. He would consider being a smart a** once they got through the initial segment of their journey and had some time to talk.

Flynn nudged Carter as they walked along, still holding back from the other part of the small company.
"Carter, I feel like something is very, very wrong here. I'm trying to read their emotions and it's just buzzing all over the place." He rubbed circles at his temples, trying to clear his head from the stress of the situation. "Can you feel anything wrong in the energy in the air?"

The deputy hummed back at him, continuing to smoke his cigarette and staring up into the sky.
"You're right, Flynn. There is something very, very wrong here."

He was shocked to get a response from Carter and asked, "Oh, what might that be?"
The deputy laughed as he pointed to Flynn's hair and said, "You have a very big spider in your hair."

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

299 Reviews

Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:16 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

While Denebola continued hacking at the trees and bushes, Kasim walked a short distance away, Niwa and Kai between them. He had to nod his head as Carter and Flynn talked about how wrong this place felt. It unsettled him too. Not only because of Denebola's conflict with literal gods, or Niwa and Kai having been hurt a short while ago, but also because the place itself didn't feel friendly. It felt like it was playing with him, like it wanted to bring him up the mountain only to throw him off it. Even if they hadn't run across any wildlife or rough terrain yet, Kasim was waiting for one of those to rear its ugly head. That wasn't a comfortable feeling, and one that he'd been all too used to as the captain of a guard. And he wasn't in the mood to relive his old job.

"Er, I can take care of that spider," he said, looking back at Flynn. "If you'd like me to."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Loki hadn't meant to eavesdrop on their conversation, but it was hard not to when he was also lingering behind the main members of the group. He knew Thor had accidentally done the same thing, though it was likely a little muffled thanks to him being in Loki's pocket.

He couldn't help but stiffen when he heard the declaration that something about the place felt wrong. He didn't have the ability to sense if a place was good or bad, and to him this place was just a place he had ended up at by accident. But he did know two things that was wrong, and it wasn't any of the other people present.

It was him, and it was Thor.

Thor wasn't a normal, and he wasn't the normal human he was portraying himself to be. The thought of upsetting anyone in the collected group - especially if they figured out who he worked for - absolutely terrified him.

"This place does feel off," Pan suddenly agreed from near him. Loki nearly jumped in surprise. Hadn't he been towards the front of group? And now Pan was giving him a look out of the corner of his eye, and it was taking all of Loki's quickly fleeting bravery not to go ducking behind one of the nearby trees. "I can't put my finger on why, though."
mage

queer and here.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:26 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Flynn stood absolutely still as Kasim swept the spider off his head. Through the corner of his eye he could see Carter off to the side cackling. The spider had bounced off the ground and skittered away to a nearby tree, probably on the hunt for another Flynn sized meal for its dinner.

“Flynn, it really wasn’t that bad.”

The deputy was brushing his fears off again and Flynn brushed his remark off. They followed Kasim back into the line and caught up with the others questioning the good and bad feelings of the place.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

299 Reviews

Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:43 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Don't listen to Carter, that's a pretty normal response," Kasim said, looking over at Flynn as they stepped back into line. "Those things are disgusting."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:05 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I'm not really sure what to post, so do you want to post instead of me, @LordWolf?
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:49 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
pokes
mage

queer and here.

If you have to ask, "Is this cliche?", it probably is.
— - no name -