The Drifters

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@ChristenedPages and @LadyJackalope, can one of you post soon?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:57 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Landon tilted his head at the suggestions, and decided to speak up with a solution as soon as Kynan's suggestion came about. He brought his legs up onto the couch and crossed them with a little grin.

"Okay, great, that's easy, then! How 'bout a rom-com? Magic, does that sound good with you?" he turned to them, eyebrows raised.
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:51 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"That sounds good to me!" Magic agreed. They glanced between the screen and Rekune, watching as the reaper turned the TV on with the push of a button on a remote. "Do you have any rom-coms?"

"Of course," Rekune replied. "We have every streaming service we could get our hands on - we just have to pick the right one."

Magic rested their chin in their hands and surveyed the group.

"....What about Enchanted?" they suggested.

Rekune grinned. "I think I saw it on Prime the other day," he said. One quick check later, and it was exactly where he had said.
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:53 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"Oh, nice! That's a good one." Landon nodded his approval and finished his hot chocolate in one chug.

His belly now fully warmed, he sunk back even further on the couch, growing more comfortable than he probably should have been, given the circumstances.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:13 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Thytes, Kynan, and Tristan glanced between each other. They didn't know what to make of the flashing lights, colors, and words on the screen.

"Um, we might ask a lot of questions?" Tristan said at last, looking over at Rekune. "It's all just, not stuff we're familiar with."
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:37 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"It's alright," Magic reassured them. "This movie's the perfect pick - it's about a princess brought into this world from one that's probably more like yours and the one Knight and Mage comes from. And it's a bit of a classic, so the Earth people will either feel nostalgic and laugh at the jokes about Earth."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:27 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"That sounds rather nice," Thytes said. "If we do have any questions, I should imagine we will ask them at the end, yes?" He nudged the others; they nodded.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:35 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Of course," Magic promised.

As they waited - Magic getting more comfortable on the couch - Rekune turned on the TV and started scrolling through the streaming services until he found one with the movie on it. It wasn't long before they were ready to watch it - or, almost ready.

"Anyone need to use the bathroom before we start the movie?" Rekune asked. He gestured behind him. "The bathroom's down the hallway."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:01 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Apologies - I may have to," Thytes said with a sheepish grin. Kynan and Tristan shuffled out of the way as the lion lifted himself back up, walking around the side of the couch and heading down the hallway Rekune had gestured to.

A few seconds later, the hound heard a door open, then the lion mumbling, "I do not believe this is a bathroom." The door shut, another one opened.

"I am not quite familiar with a bathroom like this," Thytes called. "Could someone explain to me what I am looking at?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:39 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@ChristenedPages, do you want to post next?
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:47 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Landon stifled a yawn behind his hand before glancing down the hall at the lion. Did he not know what a bathroom was? Or, no, it must have been the whole modern thing.

"I'll- go help." He said offhandedly to the rest of the group, hopping up to go down the hall.

He squeezed into the doorway by Thytes, just to make sure that the bathroom really was one he was familiar with.

"Okay, yep-" Landon started, pointing over to the toilet. "That's the... Chamber pot? Is that a good word? You just have to lift the lid. And then you push that silver handle when you're done. Oh, and that's the sink. You just turn on the tap to wash your hands, like this."

He turned the faucet on and off to demonstrate, and then pulled back with a sheepish smile.

"And sorry if you already know some of this. I um- I wasn't sure what you would be familiar with, so."
Last edited by ChristenedPages on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

299 Reviews

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:58 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Thytes shook his head. "Oh no, I was not familiar with any of this," he said. "You have been exceptionally helpful - thank you! And I will say it is certainly one of the cleaner bathrooms I have ever seen, so it is nice to know I am a little less likely to make a mess of it."

9 Reviews

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:27 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Landon smiled back at the lion and nodded, stepping into the hall.

"Hey, no problem. Just call if you have any more questions." He nodded once before turning and walking back to the living room.

299 Reviews

Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:33 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Kynan turned his head around, making sure his muzzle didn't smack the otter who was now sitting on his lap. "I'm guessing he'll be back soon?" Kynan said to Landon.

9 Reviews

Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:19 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Landon tilted his head a little and nodded at the hound. "Hopefully- he should be okay in there. I think." He smiled in reassurance, and padded back over to slip in next to Magic on the couch.

It seemed, however, that he had plopped down too roughly- the force of him sitting (regardless of being a practical ghost, it seemed) rattled the coffee table enough to knock a mug off.

A little gasp left his lips, and he scrambled up to find something to sop up the growing puddle on the carpet.

"Ack- I'm- really sorry!'"

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
— Helen Keller