Young Writers Society

Wake Me Up Inside

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu May 23, 2019 9:19 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sune gave a slow nod in response. Quinn watched the demon (?) with interest; she had met other demons besides her friends before, but Sune wasn't like the rest of them. Something about the look now on Issac's face told her that she wasn't the only one thinking that.

"How long does it take to get them back?" Sune asked. It was surprising how serious Sune's tone was - was this a hint of the demon's older self? "Maybe older me knows how to get Arin back."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu May 23, 2019 4:50 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"It depends?" Tristan said with a shrug. "I feel like it's a good sign that you don't think everyone is lying or confused or wrong or something. The people who did uh, had a harder time getting back to normal?" He hoped that Sune wouldn't ask about that - he didn't want to have to talk about Aegeas being, well, Aegeas.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 25, 2019 1:09 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sune gave another wise nod before turning back to Azazel. The demon was surprised when Sune gave him a look that clearly said they wanted to be picked up - the child had such a serious yet cute expression.

Whoever Sune was, they certainly had been a serious child.

He did as nonverbally requested, and it was then that he remembered something very important.

"You left Gabriel," Azazel said, turning to look at Quinn with Sune in his arms. Sune rested their head on his shoulder. "He doesn't know that you grew up. He would think you're a child wandering through the woods without any protection."

Quinn's eyes widened.

"Then we need to get back," she realized.
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Sat May 25, 2019 8:25 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Whoop, that was right; they weren't the only people stuck in this forest, and Tristan had the feeling that Taber was more than a little upset about losing track of the two otters.

"Yeah," Tristan said, turning back to Aegeas. "Can someone help me carry him? He's a little too heavy for me."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri May 31, 2019 5:07 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Ethan glanced at Nich and set him down on the ground. "I'll help," he said and moved forwards to help Tristan pick Aegeas up. "Gods, he really is heavy..."

Nich, meanwhile, had trotted over to Arin-Sune and was peering up at them where the little girl was in Azazel's arms. "Hi Sune. So you is not a girl? Yous a boy but in Arin?"
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 31, 2019 9:17 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sune lifted their head up from the shoulder and gave a nod in confirmation. "I'm a boy," he said. "Arin's a girl." He went back to laying his head on Azazel's shoulder, and the demon took it as a sign that he was ready to go find the others.

The group headed back into the woods towards the others.
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Fri May 31, 2019 4:16 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Hng - Tristan could relate to both Ethan and Sune. But, with the group heading back, and with Aegeas being a little more of a pressing issue (literally and otherwise), Tristan decided to talk to Ethan.

"Yeah," Tristan said, adjusting Aegeas's weight as they navigated around the trees. "You'd think he's just fur and bones, but he's pretty heavy. Those swords don't help."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:48 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Ethan laughed, glance across Aegeas to the other otter-boy. Tristan seemed like a decent guy. "Yeah, he's way heavier than he looks."

Nich was skipped along between Azazel and them, humming a little tune to himself. Ethan grinned and went back to hauling the other otter out of the clearing. He was a little worried about Nich, but now that he'd experienced the forest's trick, he knew his boyfriend would be okay. It was just his dad he was worried about now. Where was Ciaran? He had to be really worried about Ethan's disappearing act by now.

299 Reviews

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:03 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Spoiler! :
Yo, @Magestorrow, want to cover the groups meeting back up? You might remember where everyone is more than I do. <.<

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:04 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

When they returned, Quinn found that the group she had left behind was noticeably more panicked before. Ciaran (that was his name, right?), Taber and Gabriel all looked worried as they approached through the woods. God and Lucifer just looked confused, but that was to be expected - from what she remembered, Gabriel hadn't even tried denying their connection.

They stepped into the clearing.

God's hand immediately went for the sword at his side, Lucifer whimpered, and Gabriel looked tense. But then the last of the trio seemed to realize who had arrived, and he was rushing over to their side with a relieved look on his face.

"You're alright," Gabriel said. He gave a somewhat dramatic sigh. "Thank God."

"You're welcome," God said, letting go of his hilt.

Gabriel, Issac and Quinn shared a look.

"Some things never change," Quinn said. Issac and Gabriel started to nod - Gabriel not seeming to notice the child in Issac's arms, or just not drawing attention to the fact that they came back with extra people - but Quinn decided it was time to seize the opportunity, "Uncle Gabriel."

Issac stiffened, and Gabriel stared at her.

A swore escaped his lips, only for him to disguise it with a cough when his gaze traveled over to Sune - who was watching the entire exchange with a curious expression on his face. "You remember that?"

"Yeah," she confirmed. She felt bad for messing with Issac, but she couldn't resist the opportunity to tease Gabriel. "...Why wasn't I invited to the wedding?"
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:53 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Tristan saw it coming from a mile away, but still didn't prepare for the hug that Taber gave him when Tristan stepped out into the clearing. Mostly because of having to carry Aegeas, but Taber was more than happy to take Aegeas (with some quick apologies thrown at Ethan) and set him down beside the abandoned building.

Patting the ground beside him, the wolf wrapped Tristan up in another hug when the otter sat down, Taber's chin resting on Tristan's head as the wolf stroked Tristan's fur. They didn't say a word - Tristan could hear Taber trying to hold back sobs.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:38 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

The moment Ciaran spotted him and relief crossed his face, Ethan was grinning wildly. He let the wolf-man and Tristan take Aegeas away and turned to grab Nich before his boyfriend could run away. Ethan turned back and strode up to his father only to falter as the old vamp's gaze caught on Nich and stayed there.

"Ethan?" his dad asked and Ethan winced. "What.... Is that...?"

"It's not what you think, I swear!" Ethan exclaimed and nearly dropped Nich when his boyfriend wriggled in his grip. He knew it sounded--and looked--bad, but there wasn't much he could do about it. Nich wriggled again and Ethan rolled his eyes, letting his boyfriend down.

Nich immediately ran up to Ciaran and threw his arms around Ciaran's knees. Ciaran glanced down and Ethan bit his lip, watching worriedly as Nich hugged his dad's legs.

"Unc'e Ciar'n," he exclaimed, bouncing slightly. "Unc'e Ciar'n, I founds yoooou!"

Ciaran stared down at Nich and then glanced up at Ethan. He raised an eyebrow and than just shoved his face into his hands with a groan. "Not what you're thinking!"

"I think it's exactly what I'm thinking, Ethan."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:50 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

An awkward silence settled on the three following Quinn's joke, but conversation soon returned when Sune politely asked to be put down. Issac did as requested, but Gabriel just kept staring at Sune as he wandered over to where Nich was hugging Ciaran's legs.

"Who's that?" Gabriel asked.

"His name's Sune," Issac explained. His voice dropped a little. "I'm not sure I understand the full story, but I think his older self possessed the girl he currently is."

"So he's another demon?"

"It does seem like that," Issac agreed.

Gabriel glanced back at the little boy.

"He seems like a good person," Quinn hurriedly added. "He and Arin - the girl - are apparently best friends, and he couldn't stop crying when he showed up. I'm...I'm not sure if he's like then when he's older, but he does seem distraught about what's going on now."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:23 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"So, uh, what are we going to do about the kids?" Tristan said, watching Sune walk over to Nich. Squeezing his arms over Taber's, the otter tilted his head. "I don't think it's going to be fun to talk to them about what's happened to them."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Sune seems to understand what's going on," Azazel said, joining Tristan and Taber. "He just can't remember anything yet - as of right now, he hasn't had a single memory return to him."

"Is there any way to get the memories back, or do we have to wait for them to return?" God suddenly asked; Quinn had mentioned that he was there, too, during their walk to the group, but Azazel was still thrown off by how different he and his brother looked.

"Knowing might help us figure out what's going on..." Lucifer quietly muttered, clinging to his brother. When Azazel looked at him, he quickly looked away - staring at Nich and Sune.

xXx

"I'm sorry for not wanting your hug earlier," Sune solemnly apologized to Nich, watching as the other boy clung to the man's legs. "I didn't feel so good..."
mage

queer and here.

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
— Helen Keller