z

Young Writers Society

Wake Me Up Inside

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:01 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"How long can we wait?" Tristan said. From the way that Taber had started putting more pressure on him, and the quiet snores over his head, Tristan guessed that Taber had fallen asleep. Which was fair. "We've been in this forest for a while, and I'm not sure it's safe to stay here."
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:54 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I'm not sure," Azazel admitted. "But God does have a point - if there's a way to return the remaining 'children' to normal, we need to figure out what it is."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:25 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Tristan stared at the ground. "I just thought about it?" he said. "I'd figure out something was weird, and then the memories just came to me? I'm not sure if that's any help."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:51 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Ethan watched through his fingers as Nich turned to peek at Sune from beneath one of his arms, still clinging tightly to Ciaran. "Is otay, Sune. I dun't mind."

"Ethan," Ciaran said and Nich glanced up at the old vampire. Ethan raised his head slowly. "This is Nich, right?"

He sighed. "Yep. Apparently, he decided to follow us in to the forest."

Ciaran groaned and glanced towards the others, having caught what Tristan was saying. "You just 'thought about it'?" he asked, incredulous. "That... I don't know if it worked like that for me. Because I certainly wasn't....thinking about anything in particular..."
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

A small smile took the place of the serious line on Sune's face.

"I'm glad I didn't hurt your feelings," Sune shyly said, shifting from one foot to another.

xXx

"Maybe it depends on the situation?" Quinn hesitantly guessed. "I wasn't thinking about turning back to normal, either - I didn't even realize that the forest was turning us into kids and taking our memories away until Ethan showed up. But maybe you can, too, if you just think about. God and Lucifer both have the advantage of knowing what's wrong, and want to get their memories back."

She glanced over at Sune and Nich.

"...But I think we're going to have to wait for those two to turn back to normal," she said. "Whatever normal is for them."

"So I just have to think about it," God slowly said. "I can do that-"

"Not out here," Gabriel interrupted.

God gave him a look. "Why not?"

"It's gruesome," Gabriel said. He hesitated. "...I think. No one was around to see my transformation, but it probably wasn't pretty."

Issac shook his head. "I think it's alright for them to remain near us during it," he argued. "God and Lucifer's bodies barely need to change - the main difference will be their clothing, haircuts and memories returning."

"But we don't know who Lucifer entered the forest as," Quinn butted in.

"W-What do you mean?" Lucifer quietly asked, nervously peeking over God's shoulder as the conversation continued.

Quinn kept her tone as soft as she could - she didn't want to scare the apparently skittish god. "You're two different people. Sometimes, you're Lucas - that's you right now. Other times, you're Luke. Luke's smaller and doesn't look as demonic - you just use spells to make yourself look like a human teenager."

God crossed his arms.

"So if Lucifer turns back to normal, and he's like himself right now, there's not a problem," God concluded.

"But if he's younger," Gabriel continued, "then we run the risk of scaring Sune and Nich when they see the transformation."

God wrapped his arm around Lucifer's shoulders, and the younger god leaned into his embrace. "Then it's probably best for us to try doing this somewhere else," he said. He scanned the area around them, Quinn following his gaze. There was the forests, but the forests weren't the best place to hide from view.

The building near them, however, was.

God and Lucifer seemed to come the same realization as she did - Lucifer whimpered and made himself look smaller, and God gave him a comforting pat on his back. "It'll be alright, Micah," he promised, his voice soft. "I'll protect you like I always do - I promise."

Lucifer gave him an uncertain look, but ultimately nodded and ducked his head down.

"See you soon," God said, his free hand giving a wave before he led Lucifer inside of the building.
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:15 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Watching as God and Lucifer walked into the building, Tristan blinked. "Shouldn't we get one of the adults to keep an eye on them?" he said, gaze turning back to the others in the clearing. "They look like they can take care of themselves, but they're still kids, and it was pretty scary when I turned back to normal."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"God's close enough to one," Gabriel said. He paused, looking back at Tristan as he tore his gaze away from the building. "Gods are different than us mortals - he might be younger than he actually is right now, but he's probably mentally older than you are. I'd say a couple of centuries old, at least."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:32 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"I, feel like, if he was a god, he could just get out of this mess by using his powers," Tristan said. The thought occurred to him that perhaps the forest was so strong it could even rival gods; he bit his lip briefly and waved the thought away. It wouldn't do him any good. "But, uh, how old does that make him normally?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:46 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"At least two thousand years old," Azazel replied, "but even he isn't quite sure."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:05 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Spoiler! :
Hey @ScarlettFire, want to post?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:52 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry it took so long!

Ciaran snorted, glancing down at Nich and then at his son. "Only two thousand?" he questioned, confused. "That would make me older than God by several millennia."

"Dad," Ethan hissed, moving to his side. Ciaran just stared at his son. "Daaaad--"

"Ethan, please," he said softly, reaching out with a free hand to touch his son's shoulder. "It's not like I'm bragging. I am just stating a fact."

Ethan groaned and turned away, covering his face with his palm. It was clearly embarrassing for his son, but Ciaran knew that Ethan would grow used to it eventually. After all, Ethan was only young. "Dad, it's--"

"I know what it is, son."

"Unc'e Ciar'n," Nich said, tugging on his shirt. Ciaran glanced down. "Can I play....wihs Sune?"

Ciaran offered his son's boyfriend a fond smile. "Of course, little one."

"YAY!" Nich yelled and turned to grab Sune's hand and drag him off a little ways from the group.

"Don't go too far!" Ciaran called after them, then shook his head and turned to face the group. He cleared his throat and wiped the smile off his face. "So, now what? We just... wait?"

299 Reviews

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:50 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Um, I guess so?" Tristan said, now having a hard time looking Ciaran in the eyes. "It's just, I'm just, are you some kind of god, too? Not even the dragons can live that long, and you aren't that nervous around God. Uh, the god named God, I mean." Tristan tried to ignore the pit settling in his stomach, or the need to run away that had started to crawl into his legs. This group of strangers was just getting weirder and weirder.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I fully plan on posting in this again, but I admit I forgot what I was planning for this specific section of the roleplay. If I can't remember my original evil scheme in the next few days, I'll try my best to come up with something as good and get it posted. <3
mage

queer and here.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:52 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Ciaran slanted a confused look at Tristan. "I am not a god," he said, and bared his fangs at the younger being. His eyes drifted towards red. "I'm a vampire, and there isn't much that makes me nervous anymore. I'm too old." He eyed the otter-boy a bit. "In fact, most would consider me damned by God, but I'll leave it up to the real God to clarify." He glanced towards the building and frowned, all traces of red and fangs fading. "What is taking them so long?"

299 Reviews

Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:28 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"And, uh, that isn't the real God?" Tristan said, following Ciaran's gaze. They were taking their sweet time, though Tristan was a little happy to have something to focus on that wasn't provoking the old and bitter vampire.

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
— Charles Mingus