Young Writers Society

The Castle of Blood

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:25 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo smiled and nodded as Aska took his helmet back. He noticed the guy didn't seem to have a head. It was... admittedly weird, from what he was used to, but he wasn't going to comment on it.

"Ah, good, good." He looked up and over at Reida and her friends, one stranger among them. He waved. "Good to see you guys again!"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@Featherstone and @ChristenedPages, do you guys want to go next?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:12 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"Ah, hey, Bo!" Reida smiled warmly and waved back, and then suddenly caught herself as she realized that everyone kept eyeing Landon.

"Oh, right, everyone, this is Landon. Landon, this is Nendros, Bo, and... oh, Kratzer's here too. Hello Kratzer." she pointed each out in turn, and Landon smiled widely as his gaze darted around.

"Hello all! Nice to meet you." he gave a nod of his head, and then looked back over at Nen, eyes glittering over his draconian features.

Vesper hung back from Reida and Landon, and eyed both the suit of armor and the assassin wearily.

"Nendros." He spoke up suddenly, his voice off in a bad attempt at friendliness. "Who are...?"
Last edited by ChristenedPages on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:29 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He followed Vesper's gaze and realized he was looking at Aska and Az. Now that Aska was back on his feet with his helmet firmly in place, Nendros eagerly slung his arms around both Aska and Az's shoulders. He easily towered over both of them, so he had little trouble with the task.

He gave Aska's metal shoulder a squeeze and pulled him a little closer, causing his best friend to give a startled little "eep!" when he suddenly was moved. "This is Aska," he said. "I don't know if he came up much besides me mentioning our shenanigans, but he's my best friend. Tieth also turned him into a suit of armor, so there's that, too. But that was a long time ago, so long ago that Aska's not even sure what he was before he was armor."

Now he gave Az's shoulder a tight squeeze. She didn't resist as much; she knew he wasn't going to let her go, so she just let him pull her closer. "This is the most feared assassin in all of Laetae - and some of the neighboring kingdoms - Ruma Glider. You might know her better as Azerena Glendos, my childhood best friend who I thought died - there was the whole traumatic memory about her death. But Az is actually alive, and now we're dating."

He gave each of their shoulders a final tight squeeze, grinning a very toothy smile at Vesper. "I'd trust both of them with my life, so don't worry, Vesper. They're both very safe."

He pointed behind him at the only other person who hadn't been introduced yet. "That's Cornyx Blackthorne. I think he's from Earth like Kratzer is, and apparently can turn into a dragon. But just as a quick clarification - he isn't normally a dragon. He's normally very human."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:03 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo was looking back and forth between everyone, letting them fill in the blanks. He was glad that they finally gave an explanation for the big dragon, but he also felt confused - not so much on to who or what everyone was, but namely, on why he was there. Still wasn’t clear on that.

Yet, he nodded, as if he had understanding.

“Ah, I see,” he said, with a smile. “I should be able to do that someday. Turn into a dragon, I mean.”
Spoiler! :

THIS DREAM THAT WE THOUGHT WE WERE SAFE TO FORGET, TO BURY AND SAY OUR ADIEUS

ON THE DAY OF THE FOOL, DEATH WILL TURN A BLIND EYE, AND YORICK WILL DUST OFF HIS SHOES

WHEN THE REAPER DOTH LAY DOWN HIS TERRIBLE SCYTHE TO FOLLOW THE WARM WEATHER WEST

YORICK, PUT BACK ON YOUR DANCING SHOES, AND RISE UP TO CALL FORTH THE NEXT.

Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

The true adventurer goes forth aimless and uncalculating to meet and greet unknown fate.
— O. Henry (William Sydney Porter)