z

Young Writers Society

Christmas nightmare.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:57 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

You have all your Christmas shopping done. It is the evening before Christmas Eve. You end up having a nightmare, you wake up, the nightmare has become real life. You have only 24 hours to figure out how to escape. Can you do it?

Rules: Mild swearing allowed, nothing to graphic. You are allowed to have 2 characters each.

Elizabeth sat up, breathing hard. What an awful nightmare! She shivered, then looked around. Something was wrong. She pinched herself. She was awake. She was in a graveyard!

((Alright, so maybe this is inspired by The Nightmare Before Christmas, which I love, but this is going to be different.))
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:05 pm
Cyvain87 says...

Kate woke from her dream very abruptly sitting up with a scream. It was definitely a dream she wanted to forget it was such a horrific nightmare, that world was such a scary and horrid place, thankfully it wasn't real. Though as she looked around becoming fully aware of her surroundings she felt a lump grow in her throat and her stomach began to twist around itself, or at least it felt that way as it dawned on her she was sat on the ground in the middle of a graveyard but not only that she was say right ontop of someone's grave. She shook her head blinking her eyes one then twice panic starting to grow this graveyard had been in her dream this was not her bed not even her own bedroom or house. Where in the world was she?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

162 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:22 pm
FireSpyGirl says...

Elizabeth saw someone else in the graveyard. "Who's there?" She called out, scared.

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

15 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:28 pm
Cyvain87 says...

Kate jumped out of her skin almost literally when she heard someone call out in the relative silence of the graveyard and was nervously tugging at some strands of her shoulder length black hair as she looked around for where the voice had come from meekly saying "H... Hello..... W.w.. Who's... There? I'm.... Kate... Where are you? "frantically looking around for the source of the voice.

162 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:49 pm
FireSpyGirl says...

"I'm Elizabeth. Where are you?" Elizabeth said, moving carefully among the grave stones.

15 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:23 pm
Cyvain87 says...

Kate was too panicky to move from where she was even thought she wasn't sat in the nicest of spots right ontop of a grave but this felt so surreal she couldn't bring herself tovbelieve it was real yet. As she looked around for any indication of where on the graveyard she was she noticed a pumpkin next to a gravestone and called out "I'm near the grave with the pumpkins...... Is this really real..... I'm still asleep dreaming this right.?"

162 Reviews

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:00 pm
FireSpyGirl says...

"I'm afraid not." Elizabeth said.

15 Reviews

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:38 pm
Cyvain87 says...

Kate eventually saw Elizabeth and stood up nervous going over to her as they roof next to the pumpkins. "Do you know where we are or how you got here? Last thing I knew was I was home and in my own bed... This is so weird." she said and was still looking around trying to see if there was anything that stood out to help her determine where they really were other than just a random graveyard.

162 Reviews

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:45 pm
FireSpyGirl says...

"The same thing happened to me." Elizabeth said. She started to speak, when a distant, whispered singing came to their ears.

"Boys and girls of every age,
How would you like to see something strange?"

Elizabeth noticed that the tune was catchy, though creepy.

15 Reviews

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:20 am
Cyvain87 says...

Kate was already feeling very uneasy about the situation and when the creepy singing began she was even more so. She true to stay calm but it wasn't working and was frantically look in around it whoever it was.

162 Reviews

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:09 pm
FireSpyGirl says...

Elizabeth could see that Kate was panicking, and she wasn't doing so good at keeping calm herself.

"Who's there?" She asked.

15 Reviews

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:45 am
Cyvain87 says...

Kate stood very close to Elizabeth thinking at least if she was close by her they could stick together. Kate waited for an answer from whoever it was who had been singing.

162 Reviews

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:32 pm
FireSpyGirl says...

The voices continued singing:
"This our town of halloween.
This is halloween, this is Halloween..."

"We are in a graveyard outside of a town called Halloween?" Elizabeth said, confused.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
— Winston Churchill