Young Writers Society

Angels and Demons

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:33 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Random happenstance? An accidental slip-up in the magical universe?" James just started listing things because he could. Things that might not even be likely or reasonable. Because he had nothing better to do. Nothing at this point was helping him in feeling like they were finding answers, or ever would. His voice grew more and more sarcastic.

"Maybe the stars aligned? The gods of all time and every universe decided to take a day off? Or maybe this is all a dream, or some kind of group hallucination. Maybe we all just have to say a secret word, and we can go home."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:03 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
pokes everyone else in the roleplay

(I have a response in mind, but I just wanted to give everyone else a chance to post before I do. If you don't want to or can't, let me know in a spoiler in a post! Then we can keep the roleplay moving instead of letting temporarily die again. <3)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:42 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Rose eyebrows raised as she listened to the others talk. She herself was wondering if they were just overthinking it. She sighed. Everything she had done and said hadn't really been any help. Why in the hell was she here?
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Does anyone want to post in here before I do again? I know it's been awhile, but a conversation with @SirenCymbaline today reminded me that this was a roleplay that existed, and that it was in some desperate need of some love.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:55 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Dean screwed his eyes shut.

"There's no place like home," he said, sounding just as sarcastic as James did when he spoke. When he popped his eyes open again, he assumed a look of mock surprise - though it was quickly replaced by a more serious expression when Luci shot him an exasperated look. "We're still here."

Gabriel groaned. "I just want answers."

Dean shot him a slightly more exasperated look than the one that Luci had given. "I'm the one who's stuck looking like a demon," he said. "I want it more than you."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:21 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James's eyes flashed a bright red as he looked over at Dean and the others as they complained. It seemed like that was all anyone had to do, was complain or goof off. It wasn't like he himself was helping either. He'd tried, but he was in unknown territory like the rest of them.

"Demons can be summoned in this world or something, right? Maybe someone could try sending us back with one of those... circle things. I forget what they're called. We don't have them in my world."

162 Reviews

Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:38 am
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

"Do you mean portals?" Rose asked as she stood up. "Portals, gateways, doors, there are several different terms, but they all accomplish the same thing. Are you hoping that if someone could do that...it would change us back to our normal shapes?"
Her wings fluttered and her face took on an annoyed look.

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:49 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James opened his mouth and sighed as his red-eyed gaze slid over to Rose. He hadn't thought about that... getting back to their normal shapes and forms. He was just thinking of getting back home, but he had no idea how they were supposed to fix their altered bodies.

"Probably not. I'm just suggesting ideas at this point. I don't know if they're called portals, but maybe. At least it might get us back to our homes."

162 Reviews

Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:00 am
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Rose nodded, a small wrinkle appearing in her forehead between her eyebrows. "If we each got to our homes, our respective gods, sorcerers, witches, whatever everyone's world has who is skilled in magic....They might be able to turn us back to being....normal." Rose hesitated on that last one. Even in her natural form, was she actually normal? Not according to everyone else. "Our natural forms at least." She amended out loud.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:51 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"There's just a few little problems with that plan," Dean said. "Some of us are from this reality. Sending everyone back to their realities might not solve the problem, and would leave us with less resources to figure it out. It also doesn't help the people stuck as angels."

"And you're thinking of a pentacle," Gabriel replied, turning his gaze from Dean to James. "Pentacles are used to call us demons - think of them like a really, really annoying phone call that we can't afford to miss. There's no way you can send us back through them."

Maahes, who had been lingering on the edge of the conversation, hesitantly joined in. "Pentacles could send me back," he quietly said. "But none of you are my original summoner, so none of you could send me back."

"...Maybe we should sleep on it?" Luci tentatively suggested, gaze lingering on James - it was clear he was worried his suggestion was going to be shot down. "It's getting late, and we're not coming up with any ideas that make sense..."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:06 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James slowly tilted his head forward as he looked down at the ground. He could feel the weight of the horns on his head pulling on his neck. Maybe they were right. Maybe they should just sleep, or at least pretend to.

“Sure. Let’s sleep. Everyone can just... get comfortable on the floor.”

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Gabriel and Dean both turned their gazes to Luci, who immediately let his posture grow smaller when he realized he was the center of attention.

"Actually," Gabriel said, "there's an alternative to the floor."

Luci gave a small nod.

He quietly muttered the words to a spell, calling enough beds for everyone into existence with his magic. The beds filled up only a small portion of the warehouse; it was gigantic.

"There!" Dean said. A small smile graced Luci's lips as Dean threw his arm around his shoulder. "We're all set - no sleeping on the floor tonight."

Spoiler! :
Discord is having trouble loading right now, so I thought I'd put this message here instead - I just realized Maahes would have never needed to sleep before, so something tells me James is going to be helping Maahes fall asleep.

Platonic cuddling anyone?
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:50 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James blinked slowly, too surprised to voice how he was impressed with the quick and instantaneous magic. If he had magic that useful and practical, hell, he’d use it all the time.

He walked over to the nearest bed and fell backwards onto it, only to feel his horns scrape against the headboard. Annoyed, he half sat up and looked at the bed in offense, though it was mostly his fault for not taking into account the extra height on his head.

“Thanks... I forget your name,” he said, looking at the mage in question.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:36 pm
AmazingAeris says...

Lilly Pearl woke up with a start, tucked calmly in her newly grown white, feather-soft wings. The sight of such a newness should have worried her, but she felt calm in it's comfort. Her short, plumper body was covered in a soft, white, knee-length nightgown, embroidered with golden flowers. Lilly's hair was usually a mess when she woke, but it was now soft and light, making her pale skin seem to glow.

She stood carefully, nearly slipping on her long wings, but somehow, she caught herself with them, leveling her body.

Lilly couldn't remember anything before that, well, anything about how she got here. Had she died? Was this where people go when they die?

She looked around the church, it seemed so familiar to her, yet so distant. Lilly noticed the many people already gathered there. She already knew she felt safer around the other angels, the demonic looking ones sent chills up her spine.

Lilly didn't recognize anyone in the building, and decided to just walk around and see if anyone recognized her.
._.AmazingAeris._.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:43 pm
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Hi, @AmazingAeris! I'm glad you've taken an interest in this roleplay, but it's actually not open to new writers right now - we're nearing the end of it, so we can't really add anyone new.

I'm sorry for not making that clearer in the roleplay's description. ^^"
mage

queer and here.

All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe