z

Young Writers Society

Angels and Demons

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:32 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Siren handed Isaac a flour bag. "Pillows." she said.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:52 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Rose laughed. "It's called Flour, Siren, but we can use it as pillows." She looked at Issac. "Trying to find something we could use in these crates." She told him, looking at him quizzically. She didn't recall meeting him, or even hearing his name. She hissed has her burn got scraped along the side of the crate as she pried the lid off. "Dishes." Was her only comment.
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:31 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Issac went over to the second, more human girl's side and gently pushed the lid back down.

"You don't need to worry about finding pillows," he reassured both of them. His gaze wandered in the direction of their group's resident sorcerer - it was ironic how he seemed even younger than Quinn, despite being centuries older than her. "Someone here can conjure them if you need to sleep, but hopefully it won't take that long to return you all to normal."

Realizing that no official introductions had been made by either the people already present in the warehouse or the people who had just arrived, Issac held his hand out to both of the girls.

"My name is Issac," he said.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:33 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Rose shook his hand. "I'm Rose." She put the crate back and reached for another one, and then stopped. A thoughtful look came on her face. "You know, earlier, some of them were discussing the fact that maybe someone's gods had put us all in this situation. What if.....and it's pretty far fetched, but what if it''s all of them? All of the gods from each world or realm?"

She stopped, knowing how stupid that sounded, but she was getting desperate. There were so many creatures and humans from different worlds, she was losing track. She herself was not fully human, she was well aware of that, the fact of creatures being around did not bother her at all. What was most confusing was worlds vs. realms. She was from a realm, but that was different than a world. Her wings fluttered and she left that train of thought.

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Issac glanced back towards where his friends were lingering.

His gaze returned to Rose.

"From my experience," he said, "there are certain people who would have alerted us to it being a group of gods behind this. The gods of this world are good at protecting it, even if all of them don't always agree on how its people should be treated."

He slipped another glance in Gabriel's direction.

"This is something else," he said. "Something powerful like a god, but not actually on the same level."
mage

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:38 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Rose just nodded and resumed going through crates

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:34 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He reached out a hand again and placed it atop of the crate that Rose was going through. "Can you please stop going through the crates?" he requested. "This warehouse is owned by...a friend of mine. He wouldn't feel very comfortable with you going through his belongings."
mage

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:55 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Rose raised one eyebrow, a smile tugging at her lips. "Very well." She looked around and sighed. "I miss my trees." She mumbled.

59 Reviews

Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:57 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Siren shoved the flour back in the crate, slapped the crooked lid back on top, and stood straight at attention.

Had opening the crates been Rose's idea? Siren couldn't remember, but that's what she was going with.

162 Reviews

Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:08 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

"Easy, Siren." Rose said with a smile. She sat down, leaning against the wall.

59 Reviews

Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:31 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Siren nodded at Rose, and relaxed. She put a clammy, slightly floury hand on her head to show her appreciation.

Oh. She still hadn't introduced herself to Isaac, had she? She skipped over to him.

"I'm Siren." she said, with a bright toothy smile. "And the gods are nothing to fear, my people keep them nice and fed."

She stuck out her hand to him, as she had seen him do for Rose. It was fun.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He gave a smile that didn't look quite right - he honestly meant it, but these lips just didn't work in the same way the ones on his actual body had.

"It's nice to meet you, Siren," he said. He shook the slightly floury hand that she had extended, not even the slightest bit fazed by the sensation. "And it's good to know that your gods are content."
mage

queer and here.

162 Reviews

Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:34 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

Rose nodded in agreement, and leaned her head against the wall. Why was everything a double edged knife in life? She was happy about the fact that she was no longer on her own planet, where everyone and everything was fighting, and she was being hunted because the gods of her world branded her. She looked down at the glowing, burning brand. They apparently had control over it here, which was really strange. She shivered slightly, remembering the pain from when it had crawled halfway up her arm. On the other hand, no one knew what, where, how or why this had happening, let alone absolutely no idea of how to get out of this predicament. Plus, everyone seemed to know everyone else in one way or another. Rose sighed, drawing her knees up to her chest, resting her hands on her knees and laying her head on them. Maybe she was having such a hard time with this because she trusted no one. Ever. And there were so many....people here and some of them weren't exactly....good. She could definitely tell that much. Everyone seemed to be from different worlds and realms, which if played out correctly, could lead to a chance for some great alliances. She shook her head. How could she be thinking like that at a time like this? Rose half smiled. Waaaayyy to much time spent in the army.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:32 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Dean. Gabriel. Runi. All of them... were ignoring him. Issac had drawn away to go supervise Siren and Rose. James's weariness was eating away at his patience. He just wanted to go home. His tail flicked in annoyance.

He cleared his throat. "Or I'll just leave it to you, then," he said dismissively, flashing a pointy-toothed, insincere smile.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:13 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"No, don't go," Runi hurriedly said. "We were just thinking - it's a lot to take in. All of this is, uh, a lot to take in. I've never seen any kind of magic like this before."

Gabriel shrugged. "I'm just as clueless as you."

"This doesn't make any sense," Dean said, crossing his arms. "Why would someone do this with our group? There's not a single connection between any of us."

"It could be like what James just said," Runi pointed out. "Maybe someone powerful decided to mess around with us."

Gabriel glanced at Dean and Luci.

"...I doubt it," he said. "There's already powerful people here."

"...There has to be something else going on..." Luci said, glancing hopelessly around at the large group of people in the warehouse.
mage

queer and here.

You wake up in the morning and it feels impossible? Good. You do it anyway.
— Martin Scorcese