Truth or Dare

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:42 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

~Truth or Dare~

You aren't quite sure how you got here. Maybe you stepped out your door or maybe you were running through the woods.

Either way, you've ended up in a thick forest, with crisp, cool air and towering evergreens. The ground is covered in a layer of duff with the occasional wood fern poking through it. Birds are singing in the branches and the sky is brilliant blue.

The thick woodland eventually thins into a beautiful green glade with a large tent pitched in the middle of it and a campfire already flickering, complete with skewers, chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows. The sun is already beginning to set: this is the only shelter.

Guidelines & Rules
1. In the campground, everyone understands each others' languages so they can communicate
2. Only Vodquila characters, please
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:32 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

She didn't like concealing her true form. Blanx said it was necessary - humans got scared easily, and ghosts had heard enough stories about dark, mysterious creatures prowling the streets in search of their kind - but she didn't like the feeling of stuffing her body into something it wasn't supposed to be. It hurt trying to go from such a tall height to something that accurately matched her age.

So, while Blanx was out, she reveled in the opportunity to be herself.

He would get back, eventually. And she'd have to adopt a human form the moment she left the shop. But she wasn't going to leave it. Not now, anyways. She had a good book to read (The Hound of Baskerville) and she didn't want Blanx to get mad at her.

After finishing the first few chapters, she got up and decided that she wanted a snack. She made sure all the blinds were closed before starting to head towards the kitchen, but suddenly she wasn't standing in the doorway. She was standing in the middle of a forest.

A forest she didn't remotely recognize.

Her eyes widened.

In the distance, she could see smoke rising into the air. There was something there - a fire of some sort - which meant there was people. And while she was really, really scared of what would happen to her if she didn't act just right around them, she headed towards the smoke. As she stepped underneath tree after tree, she began to change her form. She grew smaller, and her limbs grew more thick. Skin took the place of wild darkness. Hair appeared where they had been none. She started to make her form female, but she really didn't want to wear a dress.

So she made it male instead. Dark brown hair, hazel eyes, white skin, tall - those aspects weren't all that different than the female form she had been using lately. But then there were a few more important things she included: her current form looked to be somewhere in his twenties, was a bit more stocky than her lithe female form, and was dressed in an impeccable suit, much like the ones that she had seen Blanx and Rekune wear.

Then she stopped on the very edge of the glade, peering at the currently unoccupied campfire.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:17 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

He had followed a messenger- which usually led into a bunch of trouble, but he had wanted- no, needed to escape, and the messenger knew all of the hiding places and the secret routes that he wasn't allowed to find.

When he followed the messenger, who really wasnt good at being careful at all, into a winding bright staircase, his heart had beat quickly. Where did the stairs lead? He had never seen a hidey-place like it before. Maybe it was the place messengers lived in?

The messenger took a step from a few feet ahead, and he gasped and crouched down so as not to be seen when the being rounded the stairs. Turns out, he shouldn't have bothered. The messenger took one step and then disappeared.

He stared wide-eyed at the step, but it only took a few moments to solidify his choice. Lifting his taloned foot carefully, he brought it down on the step. And then there was blinding light and a hot sensation that wrapped around him. He ducked and wrapped his arms around his head- and found himself crouching over something prickly.

Blinking his eyes open from where they had been screwed shut, he hesitantly lifted his head and looked around. The first thing he noticed were the tall structures, which consisted of a brown, cobbled skeleton that had a crown of small pointy things- the same ones that were currently digging into his knees. And the light, peeking though the structures, hurt his eyes.

Climbing to his feet, he wrapped his arms around himself and took a few steps forward. The air was very strange here- it stung him. His thick, leathery skin was no match for its invasion, which was very strange indeed- fire never seemed to hurt him, and he was used to very high temperatures, but this was different. He couldn't decide whether he liked it or not.
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:21 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

It was freezing. Absolutely, positively, bone-chilling as the snow began to fall harder and faster and the wetness of it all began to soak through his boots. The wind, too, was picking up and even the thick furs he'd stolen to keep from getting so Verdammt cold didn't keep the numbness away. He couldn't feel his face anymore, or his fingers, or his toes, and it was creeping up his legs and arms with that oddly-painful-aching feeling right before they, too, lost all feeling.

Engel was panting and struggling to breathe as he pushed onwards. He looked like a living skeleton, thin enough where one could see the outline of every, single rib if he hadn't been wearing a shirt. He'd always had somewhat sharp features, too, and that was only exaggerated now.

He closed his eyes and ducked his head against the wind. It was the beginnings of a blizzard. If he didn't find shelter soon, he'd be dead as a doornail, for better or for worse.

His fingers tightened around the ebony rosary and he prayed that if death came, it would be swift, and he wouldn't be one of those unfortunate souls that got torn apart by opportunistic wild beasts before his soul left his body.

That was when he walked face-first into what was probably a tree, due to the fact he wasn't looking where he was going and promptly stumbled back and fell on his behind, eyes immediately opening to see what the offending object was.

It wasn't the tree he noticed first.

It was the complete and utter lack of snow, and the scent of smoke - that meant fire. Warmth.

"HURRA!" he yelled as loudly as he could, pushing himself back to his feet. "Danke Gott! Hurra! Ich werde heute nicht sterben!" (Thank God! I am not going to die today!)

he/him/his

9 Reviews

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:43 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

He heard the yelling and turned in circles, trying to find the source of the noise. Maybe someone would tell him where he was! Unless that someone had been sent to take him back, and he was about to walk straight into them. No matter- whoever was waiting on the other side of the trees, it was better to meet them head-on than to wander around alone endlessly.

Walking very carefully and reveling in how the nettles pricked his feet, he made his way through the trees and followed the direction he had heard the voice. Almost unconsciously, he whisper-sang his favorite epic, just to calm himself down and off-set all of the sensual input that was bombarding him.

After a few moments, the trees thinned a bit, and he was able to see the beginnings of a figure in the distance. The fleshy, smooth look of it made his stomach pull in dread- as he got closer, he could see that the person looked like a spector, only... solid, and wrapped in an animal pelt. He let out a strangled gasp as he got closer to study the figure, and darted behind a tree.

I'm not scared, I'm not scared, he chanted internally. He just wanted to be- safer, as he surveyed this strange creature- to find out if he was in danger or not. The bad news was that if the creature could see as well as he could (you never knew if someone could be half-blind, he had learned), he had most likely already been seen.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:48 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"AAA-AAAH!" Engel's eyes widened with shock and terror that quickly overcame his momentary joy as he saw the...creature. It was scaly, and something like a gargoyle, except it was very, very real. Was it the Devil? Was it just a demon? Or was it a monster, like in the stories?

He stumbled back and promptly tripped over himself as he stared in horror at the creature. "Bitte töte mich nicht!" he begged. "Bitte töte mich nicht!
Bitte, bitte, bitte, bitte, bitte, tu mir nicht weh, ich werde es nicht wieder tun, das verspreche ich! Oh, Gott, bitte vergib mir!" (Please don't kill me! Please don't kill me! Please, please, please, please, please, don't hurt me, I won't do it again, I promise! Oh, God, forgive me!)

he/him/his

9 Reviews

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:58 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

He covered his ears as the garbled screaming invaded them, squeezing his eyes shut as he expected to be grabbed at any time. After a few moments, he bravely pried his eyes open and peeked around the tree, wondering why he hadn't been captured by now. The creature was just standing there, chanting away in those strange words.

A thought struck him- maybe it was trying to curse him! Some terrible, nasty, curse that would make his skin peel in his sleep or something equally as awful. Burning tears sprung to his eyes, and he yelled back at the creature.

"S- stop it!! Don't curse me, please! I'll be good, I'll go back, so please stop!" He stepped away from the tree and fell to his knees at the feet of the creature in surrender.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It took a bit of time for her to notice them, but she soon could make out the sounds of people yelling. The voices weren't old, either - they were high, like they belonged to kids. One of them was in German; she recognized the words. Blanx had said that Germany wasn't too good lately, but she found herself heading in the direction of the shouting. Her soul was processing every word she heard, taking it in and translating it to a language that she would recognize instead.

She stopped when she was near the two of them. It only occurred to her afterwards that she probably should have been more loud when approaching. Whoops. They were probably going to even more scared by her sudden appearance.

One of the people there wasn't human, but the other was. And he didn't look all that good - Schadel wouldn't have been surprised if he suddenly dropped over dead right then and there. But neither seemed malicious, so she decided that she had to be a mediator.

She turned to the German boy. "It's okay!" she hurriedly reassured him, her voice come out much more masculine and deeper than she had expected. Whoops again. "He's not going to kill you. He's scared, too! He thinks you're cursing him because he doesn't understand German."

She turned around and faced the other boy. It took a few seconds, but she managed to switch to his language. "He's not cursing you!" she promised. "He thinks you're going to kill him. Which you're not, but that's what he thinks. He's actually begging for his life."

She sighed. Language barriers definitely were no fun.
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:34 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

He stared at this stranger, who looked like the other creature, but taller and... more aged. At first, he heard him speak in the same chant-words as the other one, but then was startled to be addressed in turn in words that he understood. The other creature was... begging for his life? That was silly! He wasn't going to hurt anyone.

Maybe the small-creature had mistaken him for Molleck. The thought flew into his head, and the fresh horror he felt at the memory of his mentor hurting a spector washed over him again. He looked up at the small creature and rose to his feet.

"I'm not a- I'm not scary. I don't hurt people, I promise." He told the small-creature, though he knew that the other wouldn't understand him.

"W- where are we? And what kind of beings are you? I've never seen anything like you both before." With this he addressed the tall-creature, who seemed to understand him, and wrung his scabbed hands nervously.

As he spoke, he stepped forward slowly. Now that he wasn't scared anymore, he was able to better observe the creatures. They were beautiful in a strange, foreign way- almost like spectors, but less miserable, much more solid, and full of an intoxicating life.

The small-creature looked sick, or something of the like in comparison to the other. His face was closer in likeness to a spector than the tall-creature, which had been a factor of heightening his fear before.

Wide-eyed, he marveled at how smooth they both looked, and at the many colors in their eyes and their hair. Before he could remember to be cautious, he found himself very close to them both, his hands itching to reach out and touch them in experimentation.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:58 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He scrambled back a little as the large man approached, then pushed himself to his feet, glancing between the man and the creature nervously. The man claimed that the…whatever it was didn’t want to hurt him, and he was hesitant to believe him, but he didn’t have much of a choice.

“Er ist ... nicht ... bösartig?” (He is…not…malicious?) Engel affirmed, still very nervous and watching Damascus with a wide-eyed gaze.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:34 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Schadel hesitated. The boy was human, but she wasn't, and she didn't like the thought of lying to someone. But Blanx said that being a grim reaper in the human realm would involve a lot of that, so it looked like she would have to get used to it.

"I don't know where we are," she honestly replied to the boy who wasn't human. At least she could tell the truth about that! "And we're humans. At least, I think he is. I haven't checked his soul-"

She clamped a hand over her mouth, eyes widening in horror when she realized that she accidentally mentioned that a normal human wouldn't know about. This was around the same time that she noticed the boy was coming closer, but that didn't do anything to heighten her fear - she also didn't care much for personal space.

She hurriedly turned to face the German boy; talking to him was the best way to avoid talking about her mistake. "He's not malicious," she earnestly confirmed. She gave him a grin. "He was just saying to you that he doesn't want you to be afraid of him! I think it was all a big misunderstanding."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:04 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"Humans." He tested out the word. "Interesting."

He continued to study the humans, and puzzled through a seed of a thought that had started. If he looked like them, then the smaller boy wouldn't be afraid any more, right? Plus, it would give him more opportunity to explore this new type of creature.

Squeezing his eyes in concentration, he pictured the constants of both of their forms, and tried to meet somewhere in the middle. He winced a bit in pain- first forms were always hard- and let the warmth wash over him.

His dark, scaly skin shifted into a smooth, peachy color, and all of his horns and talons retracted. Hair grew on his head- thick and brown. His hands and feet shrunk and were crafted delicately. There were only two things amiss with this form. One, he couldn't shift his eyes away, and they remained a bright crimson. Two, he was also completely naked.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Schadel blinked, then promptly covered her eyes with one hand when she saw that the nonhuman boy had changed his form. It wasn't like she was disturbed by what she saw. She just knew that humans weren't supposed to be naked.

"You need clothes!" she squeaked, gesturing at his entire body with the hand that wasn't being used to cover her eyes. She thought for a moment. She did have something she technically didn't need on her - even though she knew it was part of the look. She lowered her hand from her face and carefully slipped off her jacket.

Then she held it out to him.

"Here," she said, giving him a smile. "This should help."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:02 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

He looked down at himself and then frowned. There was too much skin and no cloth at all. Did he get the form wrong? Or would he have to add the clothes separately?

"Oh- thank you." He took the jacket and struggled to pull it on.

With another critical gaze at himself, he let out a little sigh. This wasn't enough, he needed even more clothes. Trouble was, he had to shift with something exact in mind, and he had never really studied the fashions of the spectors who wore clothes. So, something very simple would have to do.

He thought of one fashion trend that he had seen a few of- he always thought the spectors dressed in it looked cozy and powerful. So, with a blip of concentration, he conjured a toga underneath the oversized jacket.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:33 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He watched as all of this occurred, too shocked to react and not assertive enough to ask questions. Besides all of this, he was rather distracted by how cold he still was despite the sudden lack of snow. As a result, he found his attention wandering back towards the smoke. He needed to go there, towards the origin of the fire.

Engel glanced between the taller man and the...well, whatever the formerly-reptilian-supposedly-not-malicious thing was. "Wir sollten zum Feuer gehen. Es könnte andere Leute geben. Vielleicht können wir herausfinden, wo wir sind," he suggested. (We should go to the fire. There might be other people. Maybe we can find out where we are.)

he/him/his

mashed potatoes are v a l i d
— Liminality