z

Young Writers Society

The Underground City

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:53 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Sevy got distracted for a moment at the silence in the room, and turned to look at the other new person, who seemed to have changed clothes- probably with magic, if Sevy were to guess.

"Whoa. Nice." He appraised quietly, his eyebrows raising at the boots.

Damascus politely paused and attempted to gain composure again. He vaguely looked over, but only enough to curiously note that this conjuring seemed to come from some sort of object.

Casey, on the other hand, was made even more intimidated from the mention of the reaping of souls.

He was in no situation to handle when the stranger suddenly switched clothes, and his face immediately flushed a dark red. He took a big step back, spluttering slightly.
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:05 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Hmm," Enide said. "I suppose it would not hurt to get closer."

"Closer?" Amaya said, as Enide gently pushed her arms off. "Closer to-" But Enide had already stepped out from behind the corner, strolling down the hallway until she reached the next intersection.

Amaya shook her head, looking back at Télos. "This whole sneaking around thing is getting a little old, isn't it?"
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:18 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hero was unfazed by the outfit change. The way the change had occurred was unfamiliar, but he wasn't new to magical changes in appearance. He strode over to the purported god with Zalio in tow. "You said you were a death god."

"I am," the man confirmed with a nod.

"I have never heard of a death god matching your appearance before," Hero admitted, "but I assume that you and I are from different worlds."

"Are you from Earth?" Lex helpfully asked, taking a step forward and looking the god over. Said god looked increasingly more uncomfortable with the invasion of his personal space, and took a large step back from the group.

"Yes?" he confirmed, sounding a little wary. "You're not?"

"The b****** is," Aleks answered.

"And maybe some of others here," Zalio added. "But the rest of the people talking to you right now from Minecraftia."

"...Isn't that the name of a video game?" the death god slowly asked.

Lex gave a small smile. "Technically, yeah. You're thinking of Minecraft."

The death god just stared.

xXx

"It is," Télos agreed. "There's always a good time for sneaking around, but I'm really not feeling it right now - four of the people in that room right now are my friends. I guess I can see why Enide's being cautious, but they've saved the world before. I think they can handle themselves if one of the newcomers turns out to be dangerous."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:12 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Amaya tilted her head. "Why didn't you just say so?" she said, before walking around the corner and heading across the hallway. She could hear Enide hiss something at her, but she wasn't about to stop. Especially not over something so pointless.

"What's all this?" Amaya said, poking her head in through the doorway and waving a paw.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:57 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"It's the armory," Télos said, slipping past her and into the room. The conversation between his friends and the death god stopped when he entered. His gaze traveled to the second newcomer. He still couldn't figure out why the man looked so familiar, but he was sure it was going to hit him eventually. It would just take some time.

"Hey, guys," he said. He turned to Sevy. "I'm sorry, but we weren't able to find your cat. We did, on the other hand, find Enide's sister-in-law."

He gestured at Amaya.

"This is Amaya!" He turned to face her, now instead pointing at the other occupants of the room. "Sevy has the wings and lost his cat, Casey has the hair that changes colors, Hero's the one with the white eyes and my best friend, Zalio's the green haired guy who just yawned, and the one wearing all black is actually two people. Lex is the nice one, while Aleks is the swearing, grumpy one."

"That's not f****** true," Aleks grumbled.

Télos just gave Amaya a look of "I told you so" before turning to the other two newcomers in the room. His gaze lingered on the death god in particular; he was most curious to hear more about him.

"My name is Hades, and his name is Damascus," the death god said. Lex gave a little startled gasp when he heard the first of the two names, but didn't say anything - Aleks, presumably, was keeping him quiet, or talking with him in their head.

"I'm Télos," he introduced himself to the other god, giving him a big grin as he gestured at himself. "God of gold and ruler of the End takes way too long to be put into place, at your service!"
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:44 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Amaya waved. "Wow!" she said. "You're all so adorable! It's so nice to meet you!"

While Enide slipped in behind her, focusing on the newcomers, Amaya walked up to Sevy and set her paws on his shoulders. "I'm so sorry to hear about your cat," she said. "Sometimes I lose my husband too. One wrong corner and I have to run all over the palace to find him."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Do you want to post next, @ChristenedPages?
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:02 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"Adorable..?" Sevy murmured questioningly to himself before he found Amaya in front of him. He gave a little reassuring smile and dipped his head.

"It's nice to meet you." he said, and then added, "And it's okay- I'm not too worried. Gordon disappears sometimes without warning. He comes and goes. But thank you."

He poked his head around to look at Télos and Enide. "And thank you both for looking. I'm sure he'll turn up eventually."

Damascus gave a small wave to the three from beside Sevy as he was introduced, and kept sneaking glances at the angel, a noticeable sheen of sweat on his neck.
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:09 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

While the people who were apparently from a video game all congregated in one section of the room, Hades wisely slipped over to where Damascus was standing. Something about him seemed off. Hades knew he was far from socially adept - a family trait, seeing that Poseidon was the same way - but this wasn't the same. It didn't explain his reactions to Sevy in particular. He might have gone as far as saying that he felt some kind of affection towards Sevy, but even that didn't seem quite right.

But it wasn't like he knew how to address a situation like this, so he just continued to awkwardly stand near Damascus and glance between Sevy and him as secretively as he could.
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:03 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Ah. Enide hadn't been sure how to read Damascus's expressions at first, but his anxiety, tied to Sevy's comments, told her just about everything that she needed to know. It helped that he didn't quite smell human. She didn't recognize the smell, actually - she couldn't map it onto anything familiar. At the very least, he was only pretending to be human. Hmm. How curious. Hopefully she'd be able to ask him about it later. And possibly Hades, since he appeared to have come to the same conclusion (if much, much worse at hiding it).

But, at the moment, Amaya had finished introducing herself. Walking to the center of the group, she rested her paws against her hips and said, "So, what's the plan? Are we doing anything exciting?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
@ChristenedPages, do you want to post next?
mage

queer and here.

a little humanity makes all the difference
— Rosendorn