Young Writers Society

The Rift (Reboot)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:22 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He proudly gestured at himself. "I'm Alteran!" he declared, and he felt a little guilty for lying to a guy with such cool hair. "I'm one of the coolest races in the entire universe, and a hundred times better than the mean Ori."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:38 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

If the boy hadn't been human, that would've been fine. In fact, it was still fine. But he had never heard of an Alteran. Ogres? Yes. Harpies? Yes. Werewolves? Yes. But he didn't have a grid for Alterans who could mimic people's voices with exactness and had technology far beyond his understanding that didn't even compare to what he knew.

If Alterans were a race part of the universe and not just Nye, it was possible he was from somewhere beyond the stars. Which, even he could not understand, but he couldn't put it beyond possibility, especially in the face of the kid who knew very different social boundaries than the norm, and overall was very different from what he was used to. However, he hid the appearance of shock from his face, keeping it neutral.

He cleared his throat, getting ready to clarify.

"Humans are a race of people, yes." He confirmed, looking to Maahes. "And... well. I am human, but it's fine if you're not," he said with a glance to the blue haired fellow. "I've never met an Alteran or an Ori before, but I do know people who are dragons and werewolves. Which... makes me wonder how we all came to be here, especially considering how, at least for me, it was very sudden."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:12 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Spoiler! :
Just establishing this now, I'm going to put anything Hali says in his own language in bold to avoid confusion.

Hali's eyebrows drew together at the boy's answer, and the man's translated reply. He'd never heard of such a species as Alteran.

"I don't know how I came to be here. What are your names?" he asked. Then turning to the boy, "How do you know the language of the sea dragons?"
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:40 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Alteran, huh? That was new. Demons? Sure. Vampires? Great. Angels? Fine, if annoying. But “Alteran” is not something he has heard of before and the blue-haired mans language is just as unfamiliar.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:00 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

These people were really weird. Still, he didn't want to lose his precious freedom. They'd turn him over to the Alterans if they discovered who he was, and he wasn't going to risk that.

"My name is Aen," he said. It was super cool name; it was the name of a hero in one of the stories he had read on his tablet. "And I guess I know your language because of the stargate! Odri-I mean, I've heard that it translates stuff for people that go through it. And I went through it!"
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:01 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Well, he's got quite the imagination, doesn't he?

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:07 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James didn't know what to do with all of what the kid was talking about. Clearly Aen believed it to be true, so it was possible... some of it was. James sighed, and sat down again, leaning forward in his chair.

"My name's Luke," he said, bringing a small smile to his face. "And I'm sorry it seems like we know nothing about star gates and such, but I think it might just be that we're from very different places. But that's great that you can understand this fellow here. Did he happen to say what his name was?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:30 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

If someone could enthusiastically shake their head, that was what he did. "He didn't!" he informed him, standing on his toes so he was closer to the man's height. "He just asked for ours and then how I knew the language of the sea dragons."

Now that he had done his part, he looked for a comfy place to sit down. After several seconds of an incredibly difficult search, he plopped down on the bed in the corner of the cottag and watched the others.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:38 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James only smiled and nodded at the kid's overwhelming amount of energy. He looked over to the blue haired man.

"If you don't mind, what is your name?"

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:26 am
View Likes
Lael says...

If the boy hadn't understood Hali's language, he never would have revealed his true species. He supposed he wouldn't have to hide his name either.

He glanced at the man who called himself Luke, then at the other guy and Aen. "Hali."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:50 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Kicking his legs against the side of the bed, he turned to look at the man who had been mostly silent for the conversation. "What's your name?" he asked, swinging his legs back and forth with a little more force. "We've all shared ours!"
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:12 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Kratzer," he replies. "Call me Kratzer."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:02 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Hali. Aen. Krazter. The people that he was stuck with in this little cottage, and all of them very different from anyone he'd ever encountered. If they were all adults, he would probably leave, and try to find his way on his own. But he still had no idea where he was, why it stopped raining so abruptly, and whose cottage they were in. And Aen was also a kid who..... he didn't know how he would fare alone.

James looked over to Aen. "So uh, Aen! Do you have a guardian or anyone who might be looking for you? Family? Friends?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:34 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He immediately froze up.

Then he looked up at Luke with wide eyes. He wanted to be a good actor, honest. And he had tried before. But it was one thing to practice by yourself in your room with no one to watch, and an entirely different thing to then try the same act when other people were there. Any responses he had come up with before his dramatic escape had been forgotten, and he was terrified at the thought of being discovered.

"Um, no," he said, sinking farther into the bed's mattress. "I don't have family and I don't have friends!"
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:37 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Kratzer nods slowly. "Rrriiggghhhttt, and pigs can fly."

he/him/his

There has never been a sadness not cured by breakfast food.
— Ron, Parks & Rec