z

Young Writers Society

"Mount Olympus"

Reviews: 3
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:16 am
DivinePrincess says...

Spoiler! :
olympus.jpg

Mount Olympus is a place that welcomes all Gods as well as Demigods. People are trained to fight in battle, and is also a place to meet more people like them.

Introduce your character with their name as well as a description, add a picture if necessary:

START:

Lydia

Spoiler! :
lyd.jpg

The daughter of Aphrodite and Zeus... Who would've thought. Me, of all people. I'm the complete opposite of what most people think I am. I'm not prissy, I'm not girly and I'm definitely not my mother's daughter.

I don't know who I got my powers from. Zeus doesn't manipulate fire, and neither does my mother. Being as though I'm not a demigod like the other kids here, they treat me different.

Ooh, Here comes Dia, the daughter of the mighty Zeus and beautiful Aphrodite.....
Shush. It's not that deep.

Sitting on a rock in the battlefield, watching everyone train, I place my sword in my backpack behind me; sweat dripping down my face. This place is my home, whether I like it or not, and it's time I come to terms with that and actually meet some people here.

I sigh and glance around once more, making eye contact with a certain somebody across the battlefield......

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:33 pm
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

It was Dom, son of the gloomy god of the Underworld, Hades. He had never known his mother. Still getting a grip on controlling his powers, Dom counted himself as more of a rookie than anything else.

Whatever he lacked in the understanding of his powers (for now), he made up for in height. Tall for his age, Dom scowled often and had a fiery temper to match the stereotype of his father. He was well-toned, strong-willed and stubborn, with a knack for outwitting his opponent. Although he still had a lot to learn, he wasn't going to let anything - or anyone - get in his way of doing so.

Meeting the gaze of the girl across the battlefield with his icy one, Dom straightened from his position against a stump, and strode toward her.

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:13 pm
DivinePrincess says...

Lydia

The fights continue around us as the boy makes his way towards me on the battlefield. The boy is handsome, with a nice body yet with a stern-looking face.

He smirks at me and looks me up and down as he approaches, and I straighten my back, sizing him as well.

"Daughter of Aphrodite, I see," He eyes me, "And of Zeus? I'm--"

"Dom, son of Hades, Yes I know." I smile, "I'm not related to Zeus. When my mother got pregnant Demeter blessed her with the fruits of Zeus therefore making him my father... But in no way are we blood."

18 Reviews

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:32 pm
clarevelyn13 says...

Spoiler! :
Hiya! I love roleplaying, so I'm glad you started this thread! But I don't like it when others control what my characters say. I know that you started this thread so this is kind of "your house, your rules," but I'd appreciate it if you'd leave Dom's smirks and comments up to me.. :D

Dom crossed his arms and leaned his weight to one side, his sword bumping his thigh in its sheath as he did so.

"I was going to say I'm guessing you've been here a while. You act as though you know this place like the back of your hand - and know everyone." Dom's eyes narrowed. "How can you be so certain of who my father is?"

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:37 pm
DivinePrincess says...

Spoiler! :
No problem, sorry about that.

Lydia

I shrug and look around at our surroundings once more before connecting eyes with him again, "People talk around here. That's one thing you'll get to know about Olympus. The gossip here is insane; especially when the son of someone we hate so much walks around on our grounds the word gets out pretty fast."

18 Reviews

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:02 pm
clarevelyn13 says...

Spoiler! :
Don't worry about it :)

Dom rolled his eyes toward the sky, and laughed sarcastically. "Trust me, I know how my father tends to make people feel. How true it is that a man is solely judged by the reputation of his father."

He looked back down at her. "I may be 'Dom, son of Hades' but I am also 'Dom, son of-' well, I never did know my mother. You can at least count your blessings in knowing of yours," he said.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:19 am
Kanome says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Fili
Family: Daughter of Artemis

FILI

She was atop of a tree, looking down at the others seeing them train. Fili yawned as she jumped down from the tree, drawing out her bow as she placed an arrow on it. She aimed at the circle target in front of her, focusing at the middle of the target. She pulled back the bow string, releasing the arrow as it completely missed the target.

"Tch! Missed again."
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:26 pm
Daenyss says...

Sierra Marina Luciano

Spoiler! :
Name: Sierra Marina Luciano

Appearance: Image

Personality: Sweet and caring, she's shy around strangers but outspoken around friends. She can take charge when she needs to, but for the most part, she's very "live and let live." She's passionate about her art, which, she will tell you, includes her writing and music! Sierra is extremely loyal to her friends, and is typically described as the "pit bull" of the friend group.

Background: Sierra grew up in a small town of 15,000 in the middle of the Appalachian Mountains before moving to the big city and making a name for herself in the local art scene. She has a very fractured relationship with her parents, but has always found an escape in her art.

Powers: Her intellect is beyond compare, and she's talented with any art tool.

Strengths: She's loyal and honest, and always up to make somebody feel better.

Weaknesses: Sierra can be overly trusting, and sometimes that leads to her getting hurt.

Hi there! I'm Sia, daughter of Apollo. I was raised by my mother, and the few times my father came to visit, we never really got along. My mom tells me I'm a lot like him, though. Now, I've come to Mount Olympus for the first time ever at his invitation(he hopes it'll make things better between us if I see how he lives).

I stared up at the massive Grecian columns as I walked through the streets of my father's home. "This place is beautiful," I muttered, running my hands over the smooth marble of the one next to me. "I wish I could paint something like this."

I walked over to a bench and sat down, taking out my pencil set and sketchbook before getting to work on capturing the scene before me.
I'm the most indecisive person you've ever met, so don't expect me to figure out your life for you.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:30 am
TheWeirdoFromBeyond says...

Stella.
I am daughter of Athena. I was mostly raised by my dad for my first 13 years after which I ran away to search for Olympus. After I proved myself worthy, Athena guided me here. I am a lot like Athena, A-student and everything. I also like art. I have long blonde hair and caramel coloured eyes. I am tall, thin and fair. I might be hard to get along with but if we become friends you can know I always have your back. I have been here for a while now and have been training a lot. I have gotten better than I was before.

I walked over the battlefield and started target practice. After 5 successful hits and 1 miss I saw a girl try to aim and fail to hit. I walked over to her and said, "You seem new here, need any help?"
I don't act this way to change the world, I act this way so that the goddamn world won't change me!
-Desert Hearts
You don't think I am weird? You don't know me at all.
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

TheWeirdoFromBeyond is a LGBT+ supporter

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:41 pm
FireSpyGirl says...

Rose.

I am the daughter of Poseidon. I never knew my mom. I was raised by an aunt until she discovered who my dad was and what I could do when I was around water. She then dumped me, I was thirteen by then and was left to fend for myself. I got odd jobs here and there, and eventually my dad led me here. I am good with a spear (surprisingly) and a trident. I mainly use water as my weapon. I am honest and loyal. I will give my life for anyone that I care about. I am now 17, have long greenish blackish hair, blue eyes, and am 5'7".

I was standing by the lake, playing. Making the water come to me, making it rise up, talking to it. I had just made the shape of a horse when I heard a noise behind me. Startled, I turned around.
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

It's a dramatic situation almost every time you answer the phone—if you answer the phone.
— Matthew Weiner