z

Young Writers Society

The Haunted Mansion

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri May 11, 2018 4:37 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

"Yeah, no need to be scared," Raiden held out a hand, a cheerful smile on his face, "My name's Raiden! What's yours?"
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri May 11, 2018 10:14 am
Mageheart says...

He nervously glanced at the moving shadow and the supposed werewolf. "I-I'm Levi," he managed to get out, despite his growing fear. Another person appeared; this boy looked relatively normal, with black hair and the uniform for a school he had never seen before.

"I'm Zion," the shadow abruptly said. He nearly jumped at the sound of its - his? her? their? - voice. "I may look a little terrifying but I assure you that I'm not. I just happen to not be human."

"And I'm Kyou. Kyou Hideyoshi," the boy who had just appeared chimed in, sliding his hands into his pockets. He had a slight accent, but he couldn't place where it was from. From the name, he was guessing Japanese. "Either name works."

Levi stared blankly at the odd group of people. He had many questions about this whole situation, but there was one that was more blaring and demanding of his attention than the rest.

"Wait, you can see me!?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri May 11, 2018 2:08 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"I take it we shouldn't be able to?" Cornyx asks, but the question is rhetorical, as it's obvious that's the case. "Well, none of us are exactly normal. Perhaps that is why. My name is Cornyx, by the way; Cornyx Blackthorne."
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

8 Reviews

Fri May 11, 2018 4:58 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden blinked.
"Well, yeah. I'm pretty sure I see you. Unless the dude I'm looking at right now ain't you."
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri May 11, 2018 6:07 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"I'm Li He, Jin Li He. Or you can call me Lily."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sat May 12, 2018 12:09 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

"Oh... Yeah, I guess I'm a little less than normal. I have always been able to see ghosts, and have become resistant to possession." Jane shrugged. "I guess then you could say I am less than normal."
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

8 Reviews

Sat May 12, 2018 7:32 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden spun to look at Jane.
"He's a ghost?" he asked, referring to Levi.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 12, 2018 8:06 pm
Mageheart says...

It seemed like Levi was a ghost, if he was so shocked by them being able to see them. Then again, there was the possibility that he wasn't actually one. He looked suspiciously, well, normal for someone who was supposed to be dead. There had been nothing to say that he wasn't a living person. He looked exactly like them, and Kyou doubted that an entire group of people would be able to see a ghost.

"I'm a ghost," Levi slowly replied, though Raiden's question hadn't been directed towards him. He took a deep breath. "I can't believe-I can't believe you can actually see me. There was that one guy who I talked, but I never thought that I'd meet another person like him."
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"It may be an effect of the location rather than our individual abilities," Cornyx says.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

8 Reviews

Tue May 15, 2018 4:28 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden hesitantly shuffled forward towards Levi.
"S-so, I shouldn't be able to touch you then?" he asked, holding a hand out to the ghost, as if he were asking for a handshake.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 19, 2018 4:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Levi nodded as Raiden reached his hand out, shuddering when the hand went right through the hand Levi extended in response. No matter how many times a living person passed through him, he still couldn't get over the absurdness of the situation. The sensation itself was uncomfortable, but the actual sight of someone sticking their hand into any of his body was downright disturbing.
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:40 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

A voice came from the other room.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!" it yelled, before the door was thrown open.
Suddenly, ninjas.
Raiden turned, only to come face to face with a microwave. His eyes widened.
"No...please...no..." he muttered as he slowly fell to the floor.
"NOT THE MICROWAVES!!!"
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
— Noam Chomsky