z

Young Writers Society

The Haunted Mansion

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:35 pm
Mageheart says...

When you wake up, you are in a completely unfamiliar place.

The grounds of this place have fallen into disrepair. They are barren, and the light of the full moon shining above reveals this with its eerie glow. A metal fence surrounds the expansive area. The only gate is locked, and the fence itself is too hard to climb. Gnarled old trees dot the landscape, their shadows dancing in the moonlight. A mansion is nestled among the darkness. It, too, casts shadows across the grounds. It towers above everything else. Several of its many windows are boarded up, and the paint has long ago peeled off of its boards. The front door creaks loudly in the wind.

Only the moonlight illuminates its halls. Cobwebs cover the candles nestling in stands on the walls, and a thick layer of dust covers the floorboards. It is a house that none could have entered, but footsteps can be found throughout the mansion. Voices are heard from behind locked doors. The gaze of the paintings seem to follow you as you wander the halls. Your arrival is a mystery, but you are certain that you can only escape if you discover the secrets of this building.

Rules
1.) Feel free to have as many characters you like.
2.) Because this roleplay is not 16+, please do not get extremely graphic in your posts.
3.) Before you make any posts that majorly alter the plot, please run them by me in either the spoilers of your posts or a PM.
4.) When you introduce a character, please describe them in a spoiler in that post or include a link to their profile in the Character Profiles thread.
5.) Enjoy!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:14 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Spoiler! :
A young man of around 19. He looks pretty out of place, but not abnormal per se. He wears a gray vest and slacks, a button-up shirt, onyx tie, and a black satchel where he keeps his books, etc. He's never seen without his pocketwatch and has gold-colored wire spectacles over ebony eyes. He has shoulder-length jet hair that he usually keeps back.

He stands abruptly, taking in his surroundings with alarm. What is this place? What has he stumbled into? Is it because of what he is? He's standing in the unkempt grounds of some old mansion that seems to be in a similar state of disrepair to the weed-ridden lawn which he's standing in.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:30 pm
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Meet Kyou Hideyoshi! I'll link his character profile once I type it up, but, for now, I'll leave his description right here. Kyou is a Boku no Hero Academia ask blog, and his Quirk (ability) is to regenerate from any injury. He essentially can't die from unnatural causes, though he can die from sickness or old age. He lived in America with his aunt for a few years, so his English is pretty good - though he does have a noticeable accent when speaking it. He has his black hair in a ponytail, and dark brown eyes. He's wearing his gray school uniform. He's average size for a boy his age.

Creak.

Creak.

Creak.

He peered one eye open. Staring up at the yellow moon above, he tried to remember what had led to this moment. His memories were a jumbled mess, and he couldn't even remember what this place was. He turned his head to the side. There was a terrifying building to his left. Its door was the source of the irritatingly eerie creaking noise. He got to his feet and observed the building. It appeared to have long ago fallen into a state of disrepair.

He scoffed. What was this? It could have been the work of a villain, but that was incredibly unlikely. Barely anyone knew what his Quirk was, and he wasn't especially close with anyone that held significant power. He was just a nameless face among a crowd of students. There was no reason to kidnap him.

Suddenly, he realized he wasn't alone. He spun around. Though it was still hidden in his uniform, he was prepared to draw his knife. But the man that greeted his eyes was far from a threat. His muscles relaxed. The man's attire was interesting, but nothing about it suggested a villain.

"Hello," he said in Japanese.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:30 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He doesn't appear to understand the tongue, and replies in English. He can tell it's of Asian origin, but other than that he's in the dark.

Spoiler! :
This language barrier will be interesting

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:49 pm
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I was thinking the same thing! Since he lived in America for several years, it won't be as bad as it could be. But there's still going to be some words that throw him for a loop.

An English speaker, huh? That was interesting. From his response, it seemed like he didn't know Japanese. Even if he had just moved to Japan, he would have at least known a few greetings. This man had never been there. He was certain of that. So why were they both in the same place?

"Where are you from?" he asked, making a mental note to speak in English for the rest of their conversation. The words felt strange rolling off of his tongue. Japanese had become his primary language after returning to Japan to attend school at U.A., and he hadn't had a chance to speak in English outside of the classroom. "I'm from Japan - I lived in America for a few years."
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:52 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"The US," he answers, taking off his glasses and tucking them into a pocket. "Been there my whole life." Even as he speaks, however, there is an odd accent to his words - one that's wholly unidentifiable, and though easy to understand it is quite distinct.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:01 pm
Mageheart says...

He furrowed his brow when he noticed the accent, but he didn't press it. He still wasn't getting the feeling of a villain from this man. He of all people could respect someone's decision to keep a part of their lives secret from others. It was only natural. "I'm Kyou Hideyoshi," he said. He glanced over at the mansion, only to turn his attention back to the man. "I'd prefer if you called me Kyou, but Hideyoshi is fine. Who are you?"
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Cornyx," he extends his hand. "Cornyx Blackthorne. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Spoiler! :
It's a stock name, don't worry, this isn't the Arcdemon XD

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:16 pm
Mageheart says...

He shook his hand, then slipped both of his hands into the pockets of his uniform. He looked over at the mansion. Even though he had another person with him now, it still looked absolutely terrifying. He doubted the two of them could do much damage against whatever lay inside. "You have a Quirk?" he asked. He didn't glance back at Cornyx. Was it better to go through the front door, or should they find another entrance? "It's fine if you're Quirkless, but I need to know if I can rely on you in a pinch."
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:19 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Quirk?" he doesn't seem to quite understand. He gets the idea that Kyou doesn't mean what is normally meant by the word.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:32 pm
Mageheart says...

"Quirk," he confirmed. Why was Cornyx giving him that look? He had used the English version of the word, so it wasn't a translation issue. Did he not know what a Quirk was-

No. That was impossible. Everyone knew what Quirks were. If Cornyx wasn't going to give him a straight answer, he would just have to assume that he didn't have one. He didn't like the thought of entering that mansion with someone who had a useful Quirk, but what else could he do? He couldn't just leave Cornyx out here. They were in this together.

"Well," he said, "let's go."

And, with that, he started to head towards the creaking door.
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:05 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

A confirmation of the fact it was a quirk wasn't exactly what Cornyx was looking for, but seeing as that's all he'll get, he doesn't press the other boy and instead follows him in.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:16 pm
Mageheart says...

Moonlight filtered in through the open doorway, but the hallway was otherwise dark. He strained his eyes to make out distinct shapes in the distance. Only the entrance was illuminated by the full moon above, and he felt a chill run down his spine when he noticed the thick layer of dust blanketing the ground. There was a startling lack of human footsteps. How long had this place by untouched by other people, and why had they been brought here?
mage

queer and here.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:20 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

No one had been here in countless years. Had they been, he would be able to smell it. See it. His dark eyes make out their surroundings without much difficulty - his kind are at home in the shadows.

There silence is almost oppressive, for it hasn't been broken in who knows how long. The scent of old, dried blood reaches his nose, but it doesn't seem human.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:54 am
Mageheart says...

"This place doesn't feel right," he whispered. Something about it made him want to run as far away as possible, but he knew he had no other options. This house had to mean something. Why else would they have been left in front of it? They weren't going to get answers unless they investigated it.

Something glinted in the moonlight. He turned to see a steady row of candle holders lining the walls, their dull metal shining in the light. There was candles in them. Cobwebs connected them and the wall. Kyou was almost afraid to reach out and touch them. But if they were going to investigate, they would need some form of light.

"Do you have a lighter?" he questioned. He gestured at the candles with a slight nod of the head. "I think we can light some of those up and carry them with us."
mage

queer and here.

Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.
— Emily Dickenson