z

Young Writers Society

The Haunted Mansion

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:08 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden shuffled over to Li, moving around Cornyx and Kyou with hesitant caution.
"It's okay," he said, patting her back, "Think of it this way - at least we don't get to see the blood this time." He smiled warmly.
"In other news, do you perhaps have like, a fox form or something? It just...seems weird to call yourself a fox while you look completely human to me."
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:36 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

"Yeah," replied Li He, glad to have something to take her mind off the overpowering smell of blood. "Well, I guess you can say this isn't my real form. All nine-tailed foxes develop the ability to appear as a beautiful human woman. But I guess I can show you . . ." She closed her eyes and concentrated.

When she opened her eyes again, she had shrunk down and appeared to be a normal red fox - except for her having nine tails instead of just one. She flicked her tails and glanced up to catch Raiden's reaction.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

8 Reviews

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:32 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

As soon as she had finished her transformation of sorts, Raiden crouched down to pat her head. And he continued doing so for a short while - all along with a content look on his face.
"So cool," he mumbled, still petting Li.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

81 Reviews

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:14 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Spoiler! :
@RaidenCheese her full first name is Li He. She also goes by Lily. Just a reminder. :)

Li He tolerated it for a bit, but she hated being treated like a common animal, so she ducked away from his hands with a soft, warning growl in her throat. She transformed back to her human form and crossed her arms.

"Dude, I'm not a pet. Even though I'm not actually a real human, I'm just as much of a person as you are." Where's respect for the elders these days? I'm over a hundred years old.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:17 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Cornyx, whose eyes have turned black once more and appears human as ever, suppresses an amused chuckle and smirk directed at Raiden with a small cough, which is about all he can do to keep his composure. Li He had certainly put him in his place.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

8 Reviews

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:30 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Spoiler! :
Ah, yes, sorry. I did forget that she was called Lilly, so I was kinda hoping nobody would notice the half-name calling I was doing

Raiden stood up and shook his head.
"Nupe, you were fox and fox is doggo and doggo get pets, therefore you get pets," he said with his finger up and his eyes closed, as if he were talking about something of great importance.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:43 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"She is a nine-tailed fox," Cornyx corrects in his soft-yet-firm way. "Therefore, she is no normal fox and no 'doggo' and should get no 'pets'. Though Li He may appear canine she is by no means an animal. Do have the courtesy to treat a lady such as she with the respect and politeness she deserves."

he/him/his

8 Reviews

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:54 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Raiden sighed, defeated. All he wanted to do was pet her soft fur! Was that such a bad thing?
Okay maybe his reasoning was whack but still! Soft fur!
"Apologies, Lilly. I have mistreated you, and I feel ashamed. Please accept my apology and grant me your forgiveness," he said, bowing low - his torso was parallel to the ground and perpendicular to his legs. Whether or not it was a sincere apology was left a mystery, for his tone sounded so formal it masked any emotion that would have normally come through.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"I've never met someone like you before," Zion suddenly said. It was the first time they had spoken in quite some time; Kyou, who was in the middle of rubbing the area that had just healed, almost didn't believe they had been the one to speak. "Ari would have been thrilled to meet you - though I have a sneaking suspicion that she would also try petting you."

Kyou gave them a questioning look.

The sentient shadow shrugged. "If it looks soft, Ari will pet it. It's a rule that's nearly gotten her killed on several occasions."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:25 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Upon hearing the phrase ragaurding doggos and pets, Jane stood on her tiptoes and petted Thomas's hair.

Thomas pretended not to realize her silent commentary on his werewolf state.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

81 Reviews

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:42 pm
Lael says...

"Hmph," said Li He, but she couldn't help but feel pleased. Cornyx's defense was quite nice as well . . . Perhaps he wasn't the same one as before.

"Well, that's that," she continued. "Shall we move on?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:46 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Cornyx goes to the next door in response, holding it open for the others to pass through.

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:19 am
Mageheart says...

Kyou quickly followed after Cornyx. He hoped the other guy was feeling better now that he had sucked his blood. While they didn't know each other too well, there was something special about whatever connection they now had - it wasn't everyday that someone would drink your blood, and Kyou didn't know how else to describe the weird kinship he felt with the demon.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:01 pm
RaidenCheese says...

Still mourning the loss of the soft fur pats, Raiden solemnly followed Kyou and Cornyx. He kept his gaze down, trained on the heels of the person who walked ahead of him.
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:15 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Thomas and Jane followed them out. "Ladies first" Prompted Thomas, stepping aside for Jane.

"Age before beauty, werewolf." Jane responded mischievously.

"Touche." He responded, exiting first, while Jane followed close behind.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
— Arthur C. Clarke